Hoping to find an online forum for lds women

Sunday21

Dear Saints,

i was hoping to find a forum frequented by lds women. I am Canadian and I am going to be decorating my living room. I was hoping to ask for advice and post pictures as I go along. Have some health problems which reduce my mobility but am hoping to get better. My chapel has a toxic mold problem so I can’t attend and the next nearest ward is too far in my condition. Do you know of an online forum that might be suitable? Many thanks!

Well for starters you need a name like Valentinius or Valentinia.   No not VALENTINE .. well maybe that's okay I guess.

Oh and don't mess it up with vanentinus TOO MUCH Like tendonitus or Tetanus SHOT BOO! 

:* ( =CRAP !  
.... I just remembered  
NO   EDIT in here, slacker coder kids.  THat's what you get for being cheap ... and going for the totally free !  route let that be a lesson to the big wigs eh!??!   LATERZZZZZ

To the opening post, maybe the mods could pin an online women's posting spot and an online for men as well! That would be a lot of fun to have a back and forth on ideas in the homes etc. So far we have last movie watched, food recipes, and three word stories. I'd love that! Oh, and FYI, someone on here started an LDS or even non LDS women's forum. Wish I remembered the name now. But maybe it got to be a big hassle for the mods in charge because I don't believe it exists any longer. Maybe Calm can help me out! :)

Edited by Tacenda
8 hours ago, Tacenda said:

To the opening post, maybe the mods could pin an online women's posting spot and an online for men as well! That would be a lot of fun to have a back and forth on ideas in the homes etc. So far we have last movie watched, food recipes, and three word stories. I'd love that! Oh, and FYI, someone on here started an LDS or even non LDS women's forum. Wish I remembered the name now. But maybe it got to be a big hassle for the mods in charge because I don't believe it exists any longer. Maybe Calm can help me out! :)

Didn't they try having a women-only thread once here?  I seem to recall something like that.

15 hours ago, rpn said:

Nice!  I just signed up at nauvoo.site.  Now I can waste even more time online!  Yippee!  I'm Stargazer over there, too.

16 hours ago, rpn said:

I  was hoping to communicate with other Lds women about decorating because we live in the same world. I suspect that they, like me, have limited funds. I can’t afford to burn the house down every 5 years and start from scratch. Even if I quadrupled my income, I could not afford the decorating approach encouraged by most decorating sites.

In addition, people live in my home. And I want these people to be happy and comfortable! My home cannot be a museum. Things will get worn out and stained but life must move on. Also I inherit things from other members in the ward and I pick up things from garage sales. This is likely my bias but Lds people are very frequently creative in overcoming these issues. 

In addition Lds women do not tend to contemptuous of those with limited budgets and well I just like Lds people

Edited by Sunday21

Hello Sunday21...

If you are interested in decorating... your local library will have a magazine section that you can browse... Specialty decorating magazines will help you focus on your particular "style."  Mine was always "Country" as in Early American, as in Nantucket and whaling, i.e., brass, heavy maple, wing-back chairs, blue/white china and platters, etc etc.  Mags such as Country Living, Country Home, etc provided examples from which I could draw ideas... including wall treatments... illustrated pictures help immensely.  Every month the lib would get in the latest issue... I finally subscribed to CL and CH... it's not as fun as a group to exchange ideas or suggestions, but it does help... If you sew, you can take mag ideas and economize by sewing your own pillows, curtains, etc.,  there's lots of ways to economize when you have a gen idea of what you want.... you can also browse stores like Good Will for glass serving pieces, and other accessories etc.  Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the board...

From the beautiful central Oregon coast on a rainy day...

GG