Seriously No Politics ×

The reasons for the flood

11 minutes ago, MiserereNobis said:

No, you quoted from ridiculous websites that are not credible in the least. That is not considerable evidence. That is sloppy research.

Only because you don't agree.

There are other sources, the ones in which some of these are derived.(Chiniquy Fifty Years in the Church of Rome )

And these are just a few. There are so many more.

And if these are so incredible, why would you then quote anti-Mormon statements from them.

Also, I find so any assertions with no references and when references are then provided criticism follows.

Edited by co-eternal
2 minutes ago, co-eternal said:

And if these are so incredible, why would you then quote anti-Mormon statements from them.

I did that to show that those sites aren't credible. I wasn't making anti-Mormon statements -- I did it to show your hypocrisy in choosing information.

6 minutes ago, co-eternal said:

and when references are then provided criticism follows

I criticize because you chose terrible references. How about a credible source of information? You know, one that would pass muster in say an English 101 class? One that isn't biased against everything non-evangelical/born-again, including Mormonism? One that doesn't just make up definitions, like "a cult is a group claiming to be Christian but actually deviates from the Bible" and other such non-sense?

I, for one, chose to follow the examples of our prophets:

Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy attended the installation ceremony for Bishop Solis on Tuesday afternoon, March 7, 2017, at the Cathedral of the Madeleine.
“Latter-day Saints cherish the long-standing friendship we have developed with the Catholic community in Utah and around the world,” said Elder Ballard. “We look forward to partnering with Bishop Solis as we stand together and give witness to Jesus Christ as His disciples.”
“We celebrate the installation of Bishop Solis as the leader of the Diocese of Salt Lake City and the newest member of our faith community in Utah,” added Elder Christofferson.

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-apostles-welcome-new-catholic-bishop-utah

image.png.677541b05004457950814833c7dd46f2.png

image.png.2e7d8ad021b6e7cf556239e9f17123dd.png

image.png.25ef2b054da9aa8300338643c85ac19d.png

Awww...doesn't that kind of fellowship from leaders of both religions just warm your heart!?

2 hours ago, co-eternal said:

I'm sure you know them all, but I have read many.

All these have some truths and some falsehoods. You have to read both and discern for yourself which is which.

I presented these to show that there is considerable evidence as to what I have said that is easily attained - rater than just responding "are you nuts".

If your discernment is based on what you personally agree with it is basically useless unless you claim you are using the Holy Ghost to decide what is correct and worthwhile on anti-Mormon sites in which case.....why would you even do that?

When it comes to reporting facts if someone is willing to lie to advance their agenda about one thing it is good policy to ignore or at least check everything they say against a credible source. A multiplicity of uncredible sources does not establish anything either. You have not presented evidence. You have presented the words of hateful liars who you want to believe in a specific instance because it helps you rebut another faith.

If you want to challenge another faith like that you have to understand it. You draw from the writings of its credible and honest adherents and its credible and honest critics.

Simplistic attempts to cram anachronistic paganism into a faith based on vaguely superficial similarities and a dose of wishful thinking is the act of an irrational person despite your claims of rationality. And no, that is also definitely not an ad hominem.

Edited by The Nehor