Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Church buildings to block social media sites


Recommended Posts

Posted

At least we can chat here during church. :P 

Posted

I do think it's weird that Facebook and Snapchat aren't included on the list.  Snapchat is a huge thing with the youth in our area.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 7:56 AM, bluebell said:

I do think it's weird that Facebook and Snapchat aren't included on the list.  Snapchat is a huge thing with the youth in our area.

I have no idea about Snapchat but I was sitting with the sister missionaries a couple of months ago during Sacrament meeting and they were both on Facebook the entire time talking to investigators and setting up appointments.  I think IIRC that Facebook was one of the missionary tools the Church is encouraging and utilizing.

At least that was their story 🙂.   

Edited by Peppermint Patty
Posted

With the exception of Facebook, and very very seldom Twitter, I don't do any social media.  Last Sunday I tried to get into Facebook, and I was not blocked.  Either my phone was bypassing the WiFi, or it hasn't been blocked on our router.  When I mentioned the news of social media blocking, our bishop indicated that FB was included -- even though it wasn't in the list that I saw.

Anyone here notice if FB is blocked where they are?

Posted
31 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

With the exception of Facebook, and very very seldom Twitter, I don't do any social media.  Last Sunday I tried to get into Facebook, and I was not blocked.  Either my phone was bypassing the WiFi, or it hasn't been blocked on our router.  When I mentioned the news of social media blocking, our bishop indicated that FB was included -- even though it wasn't in the list that I saw.

Anyone here notice if FB is blocked where they are?

FB works at my ward.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, sunstoned said:

I have a hotspot on my phone so this block would not affect me.  I would guess there are many others with this feature also.

We just use our own data rather than the church's wifi.  I think most people who care about the blocks sites will just do that.

Edited by bluebell
Posted

I use the wifi until the building gets crowded and the internet slows.  My daughter and all the seminary kids use a VPN app that is a work around the firewall, and nothing is blocked. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...