Seriously No Politics ×

A Republican o.k. with Mormon Genocide

bluebell

2 minutes ago, halconero said:

I work in Canadian immigration right now. My contacts at the CIC, the phonelines, my portal on the website, and everything else are down.

Panic...what a wonderful response.  Sigh 

49 minutes ago, Sleeper Cell said:

So the right wing principles of limited government and strong checks and balances on the powers of the Presidency are starting to look a little better?   

They always have. I wanted Clinton to win and the Republicans to hold on to at least one of the houses of Congress. I lean towards the center-right in my political views.

And those are not right wing principles. Limited government with checks and balances is a shared heritage.

6 minutes ago, halconero said:

I work in Canadian immigration right now. My contacts at the CIC, the phonelines, my portal on the website, and everything else are down.

I've reschedule all appointments and am idly doing some paperwork, posting here, and juggling playing three countries on NationStates right now. Debating just packing it in early.

Well, with this rush of immigrants may I suggest you build a big, beautiful wall and get the US to pay for it?

49 minutes ago, halconero said:

I've reschedule all appointments and am idly doing some paperwork, posting here, and juggling playing three countries on NationStates right now. Debating just packing it in early.

LOL. I posted an article yesterday on my facebook and my usual goto political/social place about the Canadian immigration website crashing from too many people searching and linking to it online. I thought that was funny.

Nehor, Duncan, et al;

What Hillary Clinton did with her emails alone cannot be ignored and *must* be pursued. So careless was she with top national security information that it was found on a computer of Huma's husband after CPS launched an investigation on him after he, well, inappropriately (that's putting it mildly) texted a minor and Hillary had her own maid print out national security documents. If we agree to maintain a rule of law to govern our country then Trump *must* allow an investigation to her after the DOJ and FBI houses are cleaned from Obama friendly officials.

As for Nehor specifically, if you fear the power of the federal government being used against his enemies, then if Trump follows Obama's path then it's guaranteed to happen. That's how Chicago style politics work. I do fear Trump being a "big man" / "power man" in political power and to me that always threatens the freedoms we enjoy in our Republic. We'll see what happens to his accusers, but, as I outlined above, regarding Hillary specifically, yes, I certainly hope the powers of the federal government are focused on her.   

Just now, Darren10 said:

Nehor, Duncan, et al;

What Hillary Clinton did with her emails alone cannot be ignored and *must* be pursued. So careless was she with top national security information that it was found on a computer of Huma's husband after CPS launched an investigation on him after he, well, inappropriately (that's putting it mildly) texted a minor and Hillary had her own maid print out national security documents. If we agree to maintain a rule of law to govern our country then Trump *must* allow an investigation to her after the DOJ and FBI houses are cleaned from Obama friendly officials.

As for Nehor specifically, if you fear the power of the federal government being used against his enemies, then if Trump follows Obama's path then it's guaranteed to happen. That's how Chicago style politics work. I do fear Trump being a "big man" / "power man" in political power and to me that always threatens the freedoms we enjoy in our Republic. We'll see what happens to his accusers, but, as I outlined above, regarding Hillary specifically, yes, I certainly hope the powers of the federal government are focused on her.   

It'll never work, it's time to move on from her emails

1 hour ago, halconero said:

So is there any truth to the idea that it is down because of overwhelming visits to the site?  Or is it just coincidence?

1 hour ago, Calm said:

Abortions rates have been falling significantly since 2008:

http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/factsheets/FS01AbortionintheUS.pdf

I think you can largely credit the very effective pro life message groups share regarding abortion. Not the gruesome pictures or shouts of "murder" you run into but the mainstream argument pro lifers have shared over the past few decades regarding abortion. What Obama wants and Hillary as well is unrestrictive abortions where they may be performed no matter what the case, oppose mandating that minors get parental permission to get an abortion, and oppose the prohibition of crossing state lines to get one as well. furthermore, they routinely oppose partial birth abortions which I've yet to encounter a single time it was performed when the mother's life was at risk. The D Party in our country is well funded by the pro abortion sect of our society and will not hear of restricting it. They may talk it a bit of in reality they'll do much to thwart pro life legislation.

16 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

Nehor, Duncan, et al;

What Hillary Clinton did with her emails alone cannot be ignored and *must* be pursued.

It's already been pursued.  The powers that be have decided she didn't break the law.  It's time to move on and let it go. 

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

Can you give us one example?

There are several things to keep in mind when looking at the context of what Trump said.

1. He doesn't speak like a politician.  He speaks like a businessman.  

For example:
Businessman A: "I like your product, but I can only pay $20."
Businessman B: "If I sell for anything under $100, I'll go out of business."
A and B haggle and settle on $60.  Both go away happy.  From their opening statements, you could call them both liars.

Trump would say something and the media would quickly jump in to debunk his "lie."  In the meantime, they'd be talking about exactly what he wanted them to talk about.  They fell for that again and again and again.

2. He has a sense of humor (even if you don't think it's a good one).  He'd often say or tweet something not meant to be taken seriously and the media would jump on it as if he were deadly serious.

The best quote I heard about that was: "Trump's supporters take him seriously but not literally.  The media take him literally but not seriously."

3. His media strategy to gain free publicity.  Especially early in the campaign he would say something outrageous so the media would talk about him and he'd dominate the news.  All they would talk about was Trump. It kept working and the media kept falling for it.  The best quote I heard about that one was: "Of course Trump can get Mexico to pay for the wall.  He got CNN to pay for his campaign, didn't he?"

As time went on, he got less outrageous and more serious so he'd appear more presidential.  I don't know if you read any of Scott Adams' (creator of Dilbert) blog posts about Trump's persuasion techniques, but he had some very insightful comments about that.

Anyway, I'm not going to claim I agree with everything Trump ever said.  I'm not sure which quotes of his trouble you or the guy in your stake, but here's some that spring to mind that Trump was accused of saying:  Trump called for the assassination of Hillary.  Trump called all Mexicans rapists.  Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary.  Trump said we shouldn't honor our commitments to NATO.

Just now, oremites said:

There are several things to keep in mind when looking at the context of what Trump said.

1. He doesn't speak like a politician.  He speaks like a businessman.  

For example:
Businessman A: "I like your product, but I can only pay $20."
Businessman B: "If I sell for anything under $100, I'll go out of business."
A and B haggle and settle on $60.  Both go away happy.  From their opening statements, you could call them both liars.

Trump would say something and the media would quickly jump in to debunk his "lie."  In the meantime, they'd be talking about exactly what he wanted them to talk about.  They fell for that again and again and again.

2. He has a sense of humor (even if you don't think it's a good one).  He'd often say or tweet something not meant to be taken seriously and the media would jump on it as if he were deadly serious.

The best quote I heard about that was: "Trump's supporters take him seriously but not literally.  The media take him literally but not seriously."

3. His media strategy to gain free publicity.  Especially early in the campaign he would say something outrageous so the media would talk about him and he'd dominate the news.  All they would talk about was Trump. It kept working and the media kept falling for it.  The best quote I heard about that one was: "Of course Trump can get Mexico to pay for the wall.  He got CNN to pay for his campaign, didn't he?"

As time went on, he got less outrageous and more serious so he'd appear more presidential.  I don't know if you read any of Scott Adams' (creator of Dilbert) blog posts about Trump's persuasion techniques, but he had some very insightful comments about that.

Anyway, I'm not going to claim I agree with everything Trump ever said.  I'm not sure which quotes of his trouble you or the guy in your stake, but here's some that spring to mind that Trump was accused of saying:  Trump called for the assassination of Hillary.  Trump called all Mexicans rapists.  Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary.  Trump said we shouldn't honor our commitments to NATO.

I hear what you are saying, I don't agree with it but I hear you out!

1 hour ago, Rain said:

So is there any truth to the idea that it is down because of overwhelming visits to the site?  Or is it just coincidence?

Yes, it is due to the overwhelming number of visits to the site.

That and they were in the middle of a poorly timed update. Technically the entity is called the IRCC for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada after a rebranding last year, but the website and everything else is still the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). For some reason they thought this election was a good time to start updating that.

3 hours ago, Darren10 said:

What Obama wants and Hillary as well is unrestrictive abortions where they may be performed no matter what the case, oppose mandating that minors get parental permission to get an abortion, and oppose the prohibition of crossing state lines to get one as well. furthermore, they routinely oppose partial birth abortions which I've yet to encounter a single time it was performed when the mother's life was at risk. The D Party in our country is well funded by the pro abortion sect of our society and will not hear of restricting it. They may talk it a bit of in reality they'll do much to thwart pro life legislation.

My problem with Rod's comment is the implication that Obama was some sort of groundbreaker/policy setter when it came to abortion and that the country was going down the tubes on this issue due to him being president.

And yet the numbers of abortions are lower than they have been for any Republican president, of which we have had 5 since Roe vs Wade, I believe.  It was made into law under Nixon, then operated under four more Rep presidents.  Ford (where it continued to jump dramatically...understandably), Reagan, Bush I, Bush II.

"Oh please, it was under Obama that this has already happened. Lighting the White House with the rainbow flag celebrating sexual deviancy as the new normal, calling evil good, murdering millions of unborn babies under the guise of women's rights."

Edited by Calm

What a day. My daughter in law cancelled her Facebook acct due to intense bullying because of her vote. Words used to describe Trump voters: stupid, ignorant, racist, (insert profanities) bigoted, hateful etc. One of my Bishopric members posted a graphic picture saying any Trump supporter has their head up their (fill in the blank.) 

These are from my liberal friends who post anti-bullying memes. The irony...sad to see. There seems to be no hope for any logical discourse. I've also seen gloating.  Not good either. In the high school my daughters friend couldn't speak to her she was so upset. My sister cannot discuss in her home because they are on opposite sides (in Utah no less).  My husband feels this whole election Trump supporters were intimidated into silence so that is why the results were so surprising.  His black Trump supporting friend's brother will not speak to his own brother. Sad day.

I have a degree.  Still having to stay silent...or more agreeing with whom I am talking to as much as possible (seeing both sides makes me able to do that and still be honest...they already know where .I disagree with them so there is no deception) to keep the peace.  Necessary, my family wound deeply too easily.

Edited by Calm
17 hours ago, Duncan said:

I have Mosiah 29:27 going through my mind, I have nothing but love for all of my American friends, I just hope the best for them and everything will be fine but an perverted egomaniac getting more power, I dunno. They kicked out Chaplin! or he left but WHY?! 

It seems to me that Utah stabbed the Church in the back by voting for Trump, all that talk about the FSOY and morality and standards. Not all of Utah is LDS but what the heck??? What should we believe now? The Church endorses morality but  somebody voted for Trump

IMNSHO morality standards could not possibly have been a factor in voting for either major candidate.

23 minutes ago, Calm said:

I have a degree.  Still having to stay silent...or more agreeing with whom I am talking to as much as possible (seeing both sides makes me able to do that and still be honest...they already know where .I disagree with them so there is no deception) to keep the peace.  Necessary, my family wound deeply too easily.

i understand...tip toed quietly around my very liberal kids.   I am guessing that education has nothing to do with anything...and being silent is just plain wise.  :rolleyes: