Seriously No Politics ×

Thread Disappeared?

ALarson

I wasn't sure where to post this, but is the thread gone that was titled: "Justice, Mercy, Rape, and the Honor Code"?

When I click on it in my notifications, I get this message:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

And now I don't even see it listed as a topic for discussion in the General Discussions forum.  

Is it just a computer glitch on my end or is it really gone?

26 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

That's not what I asked, but thanks.  I was asking about the specific thread that I named in my OP (that was still open for comments and discussion and wasn't locked like the ones you list above).

I hadn't seen a thread just disappear before, so I wondered if it was some glitch on my end.

Edited by ALarson

Weird, I just got a notification that Stargazer quoted me in that thread 13 hours ago.  So maybe some people aren't allowed conversation in it, since I got the same message as ALarson did when I clicked on the notification.  

Edited by Tacenda
3 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Weird, I just got a notification that Stargazer quoted me in that thread 13 hours ago.  So maybe some people aren't allowed conversation in it, since I got the same message as ALarson did when I clicked on the notification.  

Yes, I got a notification that someone quoted me 14 hours ago.  I would think we were just locked out, but the thread isn't even showing up now in the list out on the General Discussions forum.  

It sounds like it was just deleted, but why?  I can see merging threads, but deleting them?

Like bluebell posted, maybe it was an error and was just supposed to locked (along with the other one on the first vision).

2 minutes ago, ksfisher said:

Were they merged?

It seems to be back now :) 

Maybe just a temporary glitch?

How about the other thread, Tacenda (on the first vision), is it back too?  

Edited by ALarson

There is an option to hide threads or posts on most message boards.  I always chose this instead of deleting in case I had to defend why I moderated something (on ZLMB).  This was probably done by accident if it is back now.

5 minutes ago, Calm said:

There is an option to hide threads or posts on most message boards.  I always chose this instead of deleting in case I had to defend why I moderated something (on ZLMB).  This was probably done by accident if it is back now.

I understand....thanks for the explanation, Calm :) 

On 4/18/2016 at 10:45 AM, ALarson said:

I understand....thanks for the explanation, Calm :) 

Actually, the thread was last posted in on Monday at 6:08pm and was locked after that.
I received the message you posted in your OP only once - when I got thread banned for something.

Yes, it went missing Sunday night, then reappeared the next day and people posted in it like myself.  Then it got locked that evening.

I don't think the First Vision thread came back.  Possibly whoever drew the mods' attention to the deleted/hidden Honor Code thread hadn't noticed the First Vision one missing as well.