ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Be it remembered that fry sauce contains mayo. Not in my neck of the woods.Fry sauce = Ketchup and Ranch dressing - proportions to taste.
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 I don't think God works like that. Does God work according to your outline? I have a different pov according to which I think he works from.
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Actually you can see your donations you have made virtually anytime you want. What you can't see is my donations.I can see how the money I donated has been used? Really?Or are you just saying the church, as required by tax law, will tell me how much I've donated, which of course I'd already have access to?
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 How did this thread derail into a discussion of mayonaisse, fry sauce and Miracle Whip? Isn't it much more fun? 1
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 If that's the case, you need to explain why God didn't come in and knock some heads when a number of mistakes were made by past church leaders He waited until they came home before thumping their heads. 1
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Isn't it much more fun?Not really. It's a threadjack and a derail. Although I'm sure someone could put up a poll about condiment preference on a different thread. I'm sure it would be a hit.
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 I agree. I also agree that even though it may silence some who are asking for transparency, many would still find things to question or criticize. Also, new voices may even be added. (I should have stated that better previously on this thread.) Obviously you and Robert are not in a policy making capacity. There is a couple of openings. Start campaigning. Make transparency your platform.
ALarson Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Not really. It's a threadjack and a derail. Although I'm sure someone could put up a poll about condiment preference on a different thread. I'm sure it would be a hit.Maybe a discussion about mayo and miracle whip should be moved to the social hall?
JAHS Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 If I was exchanging money from my hands straight to God's hands your point would be more valid to me. But the reality is I'm handing it over to imperfect men who can make mistakes, execute poor judgement, and be taken in by temptation. I personally would like some transparency to see if that may be happening, and transparency to prevent those things from happening.But the chances of that happening within an entire group of men, called of god, are so low it's not worth worrying about. They have incredibly strict audits that are performed by outside auditing firms. And if they were more transparent and you don't like they way they are spending the money, are you going to stop living the law of tithing?
KevinG Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Maybe a discussion about mayo and miracle whip should be moved to the social hall? Too contentious for that forum. 2
Calm Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 (edited) Not really. It's a threadjack and a derail.Although I'm sure someone could put up a poll about condiment preference on a different thread. I'm sure it would be a hit.Any thread with Morningstar as the opening poster must end up as a discussion about mayo and related products. It is in the board rules and has been since the very foundation of the board. Check it out (the 100 plus page version the mods use, but if you ask nicely I am sure they will quote you the relevant section). People get banned for not participating so make sure you add some details on the condiment of your preference. Edited August 26, 2015 by calmoriah 3
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Any thread with Morningstar as the opening poster must end up as a discussion about mayo and related products. It is in the board rules and has been since the very foundation of the board. Check it out (the 100 plus page version the mods use, but if you ask nicely I am sure they will quote you the relevant section). People get banned for not participating so make sure you add some details on the condiment of your preference.Ahhh... The unwritten order of things even permeats MDDB 2
Gray Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Fry Sauce is a Satanic substance. No way. Burgers taste best when they have ketchup and mayo - that's fry sauce right there. Fry sauce is truly greater than the sum of its parts
ttribe Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 But the chances of that happening within an entire group of men, called of god, are so low it's not worth worrying about. They have incredibly strict audits that are performed by outside auditing firms. And if they were more transparent and you don't like they way they are spending the money, are you going to stop living the law of tithing? Correction, audits of certain Church entities may be performed by outside audit firms. I believe the majority of the audit work inside the Church itself is performed by the Church Audit Department, which reports to the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. Many of those Church employees are CPAs, Certified Internal Auditors (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), etc. Each of those professional designations imposes professional standards on their holders which provides some amount of assurance as to the adherence to policies, procedures, and controls (including anti-fraud measures). It does not, however, rise to the level available from a truly independent audit performed by an outside firm. Nevertheless, it is far better than nothing. 1
KevinG Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 No way. Burgers taste best when they have ketchup and mayo - that's fry sauce right there. Fry sauce is truly greater than the sum of its parts Son of condiment perdition! Burger Heretic! 2
MorningStar Posted August 26, 2015 Author Posted August 26, 2015 No way. Burgers taste best when they have ketchup and mayo - that's fry sauce right there. Fry sauce is truly greater than the sum of its partsI can close this thread but I don't have the ability to thread ban?!
The Nehor Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Like personally involved? Making appearances, cleaning up messes? I do not know what means God uses to intervene. He might come in person, I would not know.
ttribe Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Fry sauce, like Miracle Whip, is also a tool of the devil.
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Fry sauce, like Miracle Whip, is also a tool of the devil. Aw! said only to besmirch the true religion of Miracle Whip and Fry sauce.
KevinG Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Aw! said only to besmirch the true religion of Miracle Whip and Fry sauce. If Fry Sauce is in the celestial Kingdom I will eat with the sinners thank you very much!
ERayR Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 If Fry Sauce is in the celestial Kingdom I will eat with the sinners thank you very much! Its there but only made per the one true recipe and strictly on the optional menu. Freewill will not be trampled. 1
cynth Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 More like you want to get your digs in without having to take personal responsibility for them by disclosing your identity.I apologize if I am not asking this in the right place, but is this not....board nannying. Contribute to the discussion rather than criticizing the poster.I ask because I am new and trying to understand, I got the above (blue) message on a post of mine recently and I am trying to understand the rules. I apologize if this is not the correct venue to ask this, if someone would be kind enough to point me to a better location to ask my question I will be happy to do so.
Recommended Posts