The Nehor Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Also, the correct condiment is mustard. You misspelled fry sauce there. 3
rongo Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 My dad told us growing up that Miracle Whip came from the University of Utah. It seems that UofU students popped their zits into jars for sale to the general public . . . For the record, I can't stand either mayonaisse or Miracle Whip. 1
MorningStar Posted August 26, 2015 Author Posted August 26, 2015 You misspelled fry sauce there. Don't say fry sauce to me, heathen.
hagoth7 Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Don't say fry sauce to me, heathen.Let's all find common ground, and agree on remoulade. 1
Scott Lloyd Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 You misspelled fry sauce there.Be it remembered that fry sauce contains mayo. 1
saemo Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 (edited) More like you want to get your digs in without having to take personal responsibility for them by disclosing your identity.Being unknown to the Church, means to me, no missionaries at my door. Been a few years, so, success!There are plenty of LDS members here who have revealed less than I have about themselves. I don't see you calling them out for keeping their personal info to themselves. Kind of weird, don't you think? Edited August 26, 2015 by saemo
Brian 2.0 Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 I suggest there would be even more nitpicking over the details and priorities of what was spent, just as Judas nitpicked over the expense of oil used to anoint Jesus feet.There for sure would be more nitpicking, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be released. There's plenty of nitpicking on how the government spends our tax dollars, but I wouldn't want all government financials to be sealed.
Gray Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 No, but I imagine he spiritually slaps a few accountants upside the head when needed and if an error appears and they lose money he factors that in and patches it up somehow. Same way he often cleans up my stupid messes. I honestly do not think Church finances are what he considers the most important part of interacting with us in any case. I don't think God works like that. 1
JAHS Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 There for sure would be more nitpicking, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be released. There's plenty of nitpicking on how the government spends our tax dollars, but I wouldn't want all government financials to be sealed.I think people sometimes have the wrong attitude about whose money tithing is. The taxes I pay the government is my hard earned money and I want to know how it is being spent and perhaps help make changes on how it is spent. Even if I give to some other charity I might want to know that as well. Tithing is NOT my hard earned money; it belongs to God even before I give it to him. I am simply exchanging it from my hands to His hands and once I have done that I can forget about it, and leave it in the hands of his servants who I will always trust to spend it wisely. It is now their responsibiity to use it for the building of the kingdom and if they don't, they will have to answer to God for it. 2
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Umm, here in the West, it is known as Best Foods Mayonnaise. Same company, same product, different trademark names. Sorry you didn't learn this before moving east. If only you had asked.How did this thread derail into a discussion of mayonaisse, fry sauce and Miracle Whip?
The Nehor Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 How did this thread derail into a discussion of mayonaisse, fry sauce and Miracle Whip?Condiment chat is a better topic. 1
Gray Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 I do. If that's the case, you need to explain why God didn't come in and knock some heads when a number of mistakes were made by past church leaders
The Nehor Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 If that's the case, you need to explain why God didn't come in and knock some heads when a number of mistakes were made by past church leadersMaybe he did. Maybe he thought it would make more sense to clean up the mess later. Maybe they were not mistakes and we just think they were. 1
MorningStar Posted August 26, 2015 Author Posted August 26, 2015 I think people sometimes have the wrong attitude about whose money tithing is. The taxes I pay the government is my hard earned money and I want to know how it is being spent and perhaps help make changes on how it is spent. Even if I give to some other charity I might want to know that as well. Tithing is NOT my hard earned money; it belongs to God even before I give it to him. I am simply exchanging it from my hands to His hands and once I have done that I can forget about it, and leave it in the hands of his servants who I will always trust to spend it wisely. It is now their responsibiity to use it for the building of the kingdom and if they don't, they will have to answer to God for it.Word.
Gray Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Maybe he did. Maybe he thought it would make more sense to clean up the mess later. Maybe they were not mistakes and we just think they were. Maybe natural consequences cleaned up the mistakes later. And maybe that's how God works. What do you think?
The Nehor Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Maybe natural consequences cleaned up the mistakes later. And maybe that's how God works. What do you think?No, in my experience is usuall involved on some level.
ALarson Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 There would be criticism either way. I am fully in favor of open books, but do not believe in the fairytale that transparency would make the criticisms go away. The only reason for transparency is because it is right.I agree. I also agree that even though it may silence some who are asking for transparency, many would still find things to question or criticize. Also, new voices may even be added. (I should have stated that better previously on this thread.)
Gray Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 No, in my experience is usuall involved on some level. Like personally involved? Making appearances, cleaning up messes?
Brian 2.0 Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 (edited) I think people sometimes have the wrong attitude about whose money tithing is. The taxes I pay the government is my hard earned money and I want to know how it is being spent and perhaps help make changes on how it is spent. Even if I give to some other charity I might want to know that as well. Tithing is NOT my hard earned money; it belongs to God even before I give it to him. I am simply exchanging it from my hands to His hands and once I have done that I can forget about it, and leave it in the hands of his servants who I will always trust to spend it wisely. It is now their responsibiity to use it for the building of the kingdom and if they don't, they will have to answer to God for it.If I was exchanging money from my hands straight to God's hands your point would be more valid to me. But the reality is I'm handing it over to imperfect men who can make mistakes, execute poor judgement, and be taken in by temptation. I personally would like some transparency to see if that may be happening, and transparency to prevent those things from happening. Edited August 26, 2015 by Brian 2.0 3
Brian 2.0 Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 I think people sometimes have the wrong attitude about whose money tithing is. The taxes I pay the government is my hard earned money and I want to know how it is being spent and perhaps help make changes on how it is spent. Even if I give to some other charity I might want to know that as well. Tithing is NOT my hard earned money; it belongs to God even before I give it to him. I am simply exchanging it from my hands to His hands and once I have done that I can forget about it, and leave it in the hands of his servants who I will always trust to spend it wisely. It is now their responsibiity to use it for the building of the kingdom and if they don't, they will have to answer to God for it.And isn't the idea that ALL your money is Gods in the end and he's just asking you for 10% of it. 1
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 If I was exchanging money from my hands straight to God's hands your point would be more valid to me. But the reality is I'm handing it over to imperfect men who can make mistakes, execute poor judgement, and be taken in by temptation. I personally would like some transparency to see if that may be happening, and transparency to prevent those things from happening.It reminds me of the Reaganism..."Trust, but verify."Adding sunlight doesn't hurt anyone and could actually help discourage future temptations. 2
thesometimesaint Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 (edited) The "books" are open to those that determine what a tax exempt organization is. Just not to the general public. Edited August 26, 2015 by thesometimesaint
HappyJackWagon Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 The "books" are open to those that determine what a tax exempt organization is. Just not to the general public.Or to the church membership making the donations. 1
thesometimesaint Posted August 26, 2015 Posted August 26, 2015 Or to the church membership making the donations. Actually you can see your donations you have made virtually anytime you want. What you can't see is my donations. 1
Recommended Posts