Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

What Is Destroying America? The Importance Of Traditional Marriage.


Recommended Posts

Posted

What is your point in regards to strengthening family?

 

Response to Danielwoods not to you.

 

To your statement that:

 

Go back and read the "entire" post #74. Here it is-

" The breakdown of the husband and wife traditional relationship is one of the main factors in the rise of homosexuality and SSA. That traditional marriage breakdown is also the cause of a lot of other sinful sexual activity and drug abuse, crime, etc.That is my belief."

If you will note I said at the end "That is my belief". I thus do not have to provide a CFR. But I can get you one if you ask nicely.

 

You are entitled to believe anything you want. Even if it is a belief in something false.

Posted

Whatever "hanging" has to be done will be done by the Lord Himself. In the Book of Revelation, John repeatedly warnes the saints of the latter-days to remember that when the "last days of of trouble and gloom" arrive it needs to be understood that "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword," meaning that foolhardy attempts to destroy the devil's work with physical violence will only backfire. Only the spiritual weapons of God will be effectual in holding off and then eventually destroying the devil's earthly kingdom.

 

As far as the identity of great worldwide secret combination to which President Benson was referring is concerned, our then Prophet deliberately included the scriptural reference to Ether 8: 18-25 in his final address to help us identify the great conspiracy of which he spoke. So for convenience I'll paste those verses here:

 

 18 And it came to pass that they formed a secret combination, even as they of old; which combination is most abominable and wicked above all, in the sight of God;

 19 For the Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it, from the beginning of man.

 20 And now I, Moroni, do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people, and they are had among the Lamanites.

 21 And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking, and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.

 22 And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them and yet he avenge them not.

 23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.

 24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.

 25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning. (Ether 8: 18-25)

 

Moroni's words of warning make it obvious that the great worldwide secret combination to destroy freedom, of which he prophesied, would be identifiable to the Lord's people in the last days, otherwise he wouldn't have warned the saints that they must fight against it if they are going to keep their freedom (how can one fight against something he cannot identify?).

 

So what is its identity? Throughout his tenure as an Apostle and then as President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Ezra Taft Benson frequently identified and warned the Church of the worldwide secret combination of which he spoke in his final General Conference address. In October of 1988, I was sitting in one of the pews of our stake center watching General Conference live when President Benson issued his solemn warning of the existence of the worldwide secret combination to destroy freedom, prophesied in Moroni 8, and how it was even then gaining more and more influence and control (the only control of any real meaning and consequence is governmental control) over America and the entire world. Because I was very familiar with President Benson's many prior warnings when he identified the prophesied worldwide secret combination, I instantly knew precisely to whom and what he was referring. Anyone who cares to can go to the Church Website and become familiar the warnings about the nature and identity of the worldwide secret combination of which Elder Benson spoke by reading his past General Conference addresses.

 

But the problem is that there are many members of the Church today who likely believe they are intelligent enough and perceptive enough to know what's really going on in the world today, and these will likely scoff and mock the warnings Ezra Taft Benson has made over the years, believeing his warnings and fears have proved to be unfounded. But they will scoff, mock and scorn in ignorance because in their pride and spiritually blind conceit they fail to realize just how cunning, how artful and how brilliantly deceptive the adversary of men's souls really is.

 

I cannot say that I can blame anyone for not wanting to believe these things because when one does come to believe and accept the solemn truths of which President Benson spoke, it can be very unsettling. But who can deny that Moroni's warning in Ether 8:18-25 is at least equally unsettling?

 

In that same final prophetic General Conference address, President Benson warned us that at the time he spoke the sad realities which he revealed would appear unclear to many because the adversary's deceitfulness was succeeding at throwing up a smokescreen of confusion. But President Benson further testified that the day would come when the forces of the adversary would come right out into the open and no longer try conceal their diabolical designs. And when that day of crystal clear clarity would come -- when the forces of good and evil are plainly revealed for what they really and actually are for all to see -- the saints will no longer have the luxury to deny the identity and true nature of the once-prophesied worldwide secret combination. At this momentous moment in world history, every individual will have to make a final choice whether to take a stand for the kingdom of God and its righteousness, or whether to join with the forces of evil embodied in the great worldwide secret combination of evil that will boldly and fully come out into the revealing light of noon-day. President Benson's words:

 

I testify that as the forces of evil increase under Lucifer’s leadership and as the forces of good increase under the leadership of Jesus Christ, there will be growing battles between the two until the final confrontation. As the issues become clearer and more obvious, all mankind will eventually be required to align themselves either for the kingdom of God or for the kingdom of the devil. As these conflicts rage, either secretly or openly, the righteous will be tested. God’s wrath will soon shake the nations of the earth and will be poured out on the wicked without measure. (See JS—H 1:45; D&C 1:9.) But God will provide strength for the righteous and the means of escape; and eventually and finally truth will triumph. (See 1 Ne. 22:15–23.)

 

One day all the world will know President Benson was not called to be the President of the Restored Church by accident or happenstance. The prophetic warning of the great worldwide secret combination to destroy freedom and righteousness has now been confirmed by the voice of two witnesses, one ancient and one modern, and those who refuse to believe and heed these to prophetic warnings will soon be left with no excuse.

 

In a few moments I'll be heading off to work, and I expect to receive much wrath from my fellow Latter-day Saints. But I'm at peace because I know by the spirit of prophecy that I'm right: The spirit of freedom-destroying, godless totalitarian communism -- and its many other similar and allied "isms" -- is not dead.

 

I thought President Bensons big boogie man was the threat of communism. That didn't seem to pan out quite the way he predicted.  So now you are using his quotes for something entirely different??  

 

Well I guess it is hard to let a couple of good quotes go to wast.  At least you are good at recycling.

Posted

The spirit of freedom-destroying, godless totalitarian communism -- as well as its many other similar and allied "isms" -- is not dead, nor doth it sleep...

 

Communism?  I thought that only Ted Cruz's father would be crazy enough to link communism and gay rights.  Maybe you are not making that link, but I can't figure out why else you would be talking about communism on this thread. 

 

"In addressing the Dean Bible Ministries Men's Prayer Breakfast, Ted Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz has claimed that same-sex marriage, evolution and LGBT rights are all part of a communist/socialist plot to destroy God, America, and the nuclear family."

 

That's funny because communist leaders have historically labeled homosexuality as "one of the effects of capitalist sociality."  Fidel Castro said, "a deviation of that nature clashes with the concept we have of what a militant Communist must be"

Posted

Communism?  I thought that only Ted Cruz's father would be crazy enough to link communism and gay rights.  Maybe you are not making that link, but I can't figure out why else you would be talking about communism on this thread. 

 

"In addressing the Dean Bible Ministries Men's Prayer Breakfast, Ted Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz has claimed that same-sex marriage, evolution and LGBT rights are all part of a communist/socialist plot to destroy God, America, and the nuclear family."

 

That's funny because communist leaders have historically labeled homosexuality as "one of the effects of capitalist sociality."  Fidel Castro said, "a deviation of that nature clashes with the concept we have of what a militant Communist must be"

 

I thought ETB was talking American blacks trying to take over the US and establish a black homeland in the southern section of the country.

Posted (edited)

I thought ETB was talking American blacks trying to take over the US and establish a black homeland in the southern section of the country.

 

I have never heard that, perhaps a reference would be appropriate so as to not start unfounded rumors.  I am very familiar with his warnings about communism as a secret combination however, which teddyaware has resurrected from the dead. 

Edited by pogi
Posted

Go back and read the "entire" post #74. Here it is-

" The breakdown of the husband and wife traditional relationship is one of the main factors in the rise of homosexuality and SSA. That traditional marriage breakdown is also the cause of a lot of other sinful sexual activity and drug abuse, crime, etc.That is my belief."

If you will note I said at the end "That is my belief". I thus do not have to provide a CFR. But I can get you one if you ask nicely.

 

It's up to you... if you want to back up your statement, you can go find one.  But it doesn't exist so I won't ask for it.

Posted

It's up to you... if you want to back up your statement, you can go find one.  But it doesn't exist so I won't ask for it.

I was going to provide a reference but now I decided not to as you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Posted

Response to Danielwoods not to you.

 

To your statement that:

 

 

You are entitled to believe anything you want. Even if it is a belief in something false.

I am entitled to believe anything I wish to even when it is true.

Posted

I was going to provide a reference but now I decided not to as you wouldn't believe it anyway.

 

I'd like to see your reference. 

Posted

I was going to provide a reference but now I decided not to as you wouldn't believe it anyway.

 

Ha.  Well, Pogi asked you nicely.  I challenge you to find a real source to support the assertion.

Posted

I thought President Bensons big boogie man was the threat of communism. That didn't seem to pan out quite the way he predicted.  So now you are using his quotes for something entirely different??  

 

Well I guess it is hard to let a couple of good quotes go to wast.  At least you are good at recycling.

Elder Benson clearly had issues with so-called "communism" early in his career, and was condemned by some of his Brethren for his extreme statements.  I see no reason to associate the quotation in play here with his earlier obsession.  In fact it stands on its own, and we ought to respect that.

Posted

Ha.  Well, Pogi asked you nicely.  I challenge you to find a real source to support the assertion.

 

I'd like to see a reference too.

Posted

What am I seeing exactly?  I really had no interest in watching MSNBC rip on the John Birch society for 9 minutes.  If you are going to accuse Elder Benson of something, try to give a reference which actually mentions his name.  

 

P.S. Please don't make me watch MSNBC again, or FOX news either. 

 

Al Jazeera?

Posted

Nope. You have to find on your own.

 

I don't need to... and you don't need to find it for me.  I'm okay not having it.  But you've had a couple others ask after you offered to provide the information.  You might be losing credibility with them (you already lost it with me).

Posted

Nope. You have to find on your own.

 

Actually, you need to provide the reference or retract your statement. 

Posted (edited)

Actually, you need to provide the reference or retract your statement. 

 

He pointed out to me that he followed that statement with "That is my belief" thereby qualifying it as a belief, not a statement of fact.  

 

Although, if he insists one more time that such evidence exists than it's probably sufficient to require a reference.

Edited by rockpond
Posted (edited)

Nope. You have to find on your own.

Mormonmaniac, maybe you're not aware of this but when someone asks you for a reference to back up something you've stated on here, you need to supply them with one.  If you don't do this, you're not going to be taken seriously in the future.  But I think that ship may have sailed for most of us regarding you anyway. 

Edited by ALarson
Posted

He pointed out to me that he followed that statement with "That is my belief" thereby qualifying it as a belief, not a statement of fact.  

 

Although, if he insists one more time that such evidence exists than it's probably sufficient to require a reference.

 

I think these qualify as statements of fact that such a reference exists and therefore qualify for a CFR:

 

If you will note I said at the end "That is my belief". I thus do not have to provide a CFR. But I can get you one if you ask nicely.

 

 

You didn't need to provide a CFR until you included the part in red.  When you state that one exists, you need to back it up.

Posted

Joseph Smith ordained an elephant to the Aaronic Priesthood. The increase in Netflix subscriptions has caused more people to leave the church than any other factor. The means of translation for the BoA was an etch-a-sketch. Those are my beliefs, there are sources, but CFRs will not be responded to.

 

You win the internet today.

Posted

I was going to quote some of this article but I couldnt quote the whole thing. Very interesting data proving the importance of why our government should stand in support of traditional marriage, families and faith. Enjoy.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2001/03/the-roots-of-prosperity-stability-and-freedom

I like the messages in this article, "Why Marriage and Family Matter—Everywhere in the World":

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/why-marriage-and-family-matter-everywhere-in-the-world?lang=eng

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...