Seriously No Politics ×

Find The State Best Suited To Your Temperament

Calm

A friend pointed me towards this as interesting...

http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/the-united-states-of-attitude-an-interactive-guide-to-americas-moods/?hpt=hp_c2

I have always thought Oregon was the place I'd want to retire too, not as crowded as California (though it may be now) with oceans and beaches.  Apparently it fits my personality well too.

And to make this not completely off topic to the board...Utah is highest on Agreeableness and lowest on Neuroticism...not that Utah equals LDS even if some people think so.

Edited by calmoriah

Apparently, I am in the right state, too! 

Unfortunately I only wanted to end up in Oregon, but it looks like I'm stuck in Utah. ;)  

My son's family is here and a lot of my husband's family and I am within driving distance of my parents so at least for now Utah is a much better fit.

http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/the-united-states-of-attitude-an-interactive-guide-to-americas-moods/?hpt=hp_c2

I have always thought Oregon was the place I'd want to retire too, not as crowded as California (though it may be now) with oceans and beaches.  Apparently it fits my personality well too.

And to make this not completely off topic to the board...Utah is highest on Agreeableness and lowest on Neuroticism...not that Utah equals LDS even if some people think so.

I'm in Oregon, but it says I should be in Georgia, not Georgia ! I want Utah!

Edited by EllenMaksoud

I'm in Oregon, but it says I should be in Georgia, not Georgia ! I want Utah!

You might think you want Utah, but I've been there often enough to advise you that No You Don't.  A nice place to visit, of course, and some great scenery, but that's it.

You might think you want Utah, but I've been there often enough to advise you that No You Don't.  A nice place to visit, of course, and some great scenery, but that's it.

What, why? Too many Mormons? I know that SLC can get really stormy, sun dress one morning and snow by afternoon, and wind that will knock you down.  :)

It says I belong in GA. Sorry I've lived in the South. I didn't like it. The people were nice but the climate made me sick all the time, can't take the humidity. I'm a native Californian and I've lived all over and truly California and Utah suit me best, at lease California the way it was when I was young. Can't stand it now.

When it comes to Georgia. I have always felt I belong to this land. I have been to 2/3's of the US and 7 other counties...but only here do I feel connected. Other than the German Alps, the most beautiful place out west is Springboat Springs, CO. In the East, Cades Cove TN (Just south of Gatlingburg...hope I spelled that right).

It says I belong in GA. Sorry I've lived in the South. I didn't like it. The people were nice but the climate made me sick all the time, can't take the humidity. I'm a native Californian and I've lived all over and truly California and Utah suit me best, at lease California the way it was when I was young. Can't stand it now.

It is about people's personality, not climate...though I would assume there is some effect.  California as a climate is the place I relax...never realized it before but my last visit as we were driving into the LA area and started to see all the green and get the tinge of sea air, my chest unknotted and I could have fallen asleep right there and then.  And I could go and sit in the ocean all day...and then go take a long hot shower and scrub all over with some strong disinfectant unfortunately...gone are the carefree days of youth.

But the crowds are way too much and counteract any relaxing, I would have to find a place on the coast where hardly anyone came....which is why I had set my sights on Oregon when it wasn't so crowded.

What, why? Too many Mormons? I know that SLC can get really stormy, sun dress one morning and snow by afternoon, and wind that will knock you down.  :)

That is exactly why.  Too many Mormons and not enough Latter-day Saints.  At least here in Washington state you know that not every person walking by with a cigarette hanging off their lips is NOT a Mormon.  Most likely, anyway.

Oh, darnit, I am being judgmental.  Somebody please whip me with a wet noodle.  I am a bad boy today.

Go visit Utah, Ellen.  You might love it, who knows?  Ignore me.

Edited by Stargazer

That is exactly why.  Too many Mormons and not enough Latter-day Saints.  At least here in Washington state you know that not every person walking by with a cigarette hanging off their lips is NOT a Mormon.  Most likely, anyway.

Oh, darnit, I am being judgmental.  Somebody please whip me with a wet noodle.  I am a bad boy today.

Go visit Utah, Ellen.  You might love it, who knows?  Ignore me.

I did not really enjoy driving there. I felt that the traffic there and in Provo was pretty discourteous.  After my experiences at the Kirtland Visitor's center, the Visitors centers in SLC felt pretty cold. I suppose that they get worn out from all the visitors.

I did not really enjoy driving there. I felt that the traffic there and in Provo was pretty discourteous. After my experiences at the Kirtland Visitor's center, the Visitors centers in SLC felt pretty cold. I suppose that they get worn out from all the visitors.

I'll never forget the treatment my husband and I got at the Hill Cumorah visitors center. We went late in the day, actually late that evening. The senior sister missionary had us go into small room with a comfy couch and gave of us a warm blanket to use while watching a dvd about the church. She represented the church well that night.

I'll never forget the treatment my husband and I got at the Hill Cumorah visitors center. We went late in the day, actually late that evening. The senior sister missionary had us go into small room with a comfy couch and gave of us a warm blanket to use while watching a dvd about the church. She represented the church well that night.

I'm not an attractive woman, and sometimes when people are less than friendly, I just assume that to be the reason. The people at Kirtland were uncommonly nice to me even when I went in there in correct Muslim attire. I felt like the most frightened woman on the planet.

I'm not an attractive woman, and sometimes when people are less than friendly, I just assume that to be the reason. The people at Kirtland were uncommonly nice to me even when I went in there in correct Muslim attire. I felt like the most frightened woman on the planet.

Pretty sure you have more to offer than most attractive women have, beauty fades.

ETA: Forgot to say, I ended up with California according to the test.

Edited by Tacenda