Lds Newsroom Cautions Members To Not Speculate About Bsa Policy

Saints Alive

I thought it interesting that grammatically, it assumes a change in policy will take place, not that there will be a vote on if there is a change in policy.

The recent announcement that BSA planned to make a policy change in its standards for membership and leadership has triggered intense debate from many segments of society.

I thought it interesting that grammatically, it assumes a change in policy will take place, not that there will be a vote on if there is a change in policy.

It does look hopeful doesn't it.

The LDS newsroom just released a statement cautioning members not to speculate about the implications of a BSA policy change.

See here: http://www.mormonnew...outing-decision

As a Trailblazer, I was informed that we are now to proceed with the FOS campaign in the wards. Regardless of any implications or speculations, as long as we benefit from the council infrastructure (and we certainly do), we need to contribute generously.

As a Trailblazer, I was informed that we are now to proceed with the FOS campaign in the wards. Regardless of any implications or speculations, as long as we benefit from the council infrastructure (and we certainly do), we need to contribute generously.

I hope you will let us know of any incidents you experience, Im sure everyone and their brother will have an opinion.
The leadership will be meeting tonight and FoS has been slated to be on the agenda since before the news broke. I guarantee you we will all be speculating.
Who's "the leadership" ? Are you talking about your Ward, Stake?

Stake.

Isn't it doctrine that we shouldn't speculate??? :D

Yes. However, I never said I agree with all doctrine. But I would never excuse myself by claiming "It's not doctrine."

Here's more speculation for you.

1)I'll wager I'll have been the only one (or two) in a room of approximately 50 people to have seen the Newsroom article.

2)I'll wager the GA in charge of our district will communicate the same sentiment as the Newsroom article.

Should the standards that apply to leadership positions within the Church be any different for a LDS scout or scout leader?

Since scouting is currently done in conjunction with BSA in the US, then it is appropriate to abide by BSA rules.

I hope you will let us know of any incidents you experience, Im sure everyone and their brother will have an opinion.

By way of follow up: Two individuals approached me and said they would not contribute until the question was settled. After some brief discussion, one changed his mind, and the other did not, despite clear leadership instruction to stay the course (as far as our attitude toward donating goes).

Archived