Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Woowho...Coffee Icecream Not Against The Wow


Recommended Posts

Posted

clearly you haven't tasted the right ice tea then...good ice tea is quite refreshing...start with a peach ice tea....delightful

I love Celestial Seasonings. No caffeine and all the flavor. Yumm.
Posted

but what about Coffee Icecream? Mitt says its ok...and I guess if its ok for Mitt...its OK with SLC

Remember that thing I said about needing to ask and being challenged in the wisdom department . . .? You might maybe need to just abstain. :D

Posted (edited)

Ok what about the barley in the WoW? Is that beer? I know some disaffected mormons get a kick out of the WoW saying you can drink barley drinks. Meaning beer.

I think you can probably drink whatever you want --- even Draino --- and if you are a disaffected Mormon it won't mess with your standing in the Church.

But I don't think it will fly when you must face up to a Temple Recommend Interview.

Edited by CASteinman
Posted

I wanted to start drinking green tea when I found out it was a good antioxidant and might help prevent Alzheimers. A few years ago I actually called the COB to get an answer. They gave my call to a nice gentleman that told me it really was up to me to decide and mentioned hearing of LDS doctors that drink it for medicinal purposes. But even after that I just can't seem to drink it unless I put in a bunch if sugar!

That is very interesting! I especially value that you called the COB -- though I am not sure that someone there could answer you from an official capacity or not. I really don't know how that is handled.

But, when I see these things, I think about a talk, perhaps by Russell M. Nelson, about how he almost wished that instead of science supporting so much of the Word of Wisdom, it would come up with something against the Word of Wisdom so that the Saints could be tested as to whether they worshiped God or Science.

I remember that, because I thought it was an odd wish. I was not sure I entirely agreed with the idea of placing temptation at the feet of the Saints and I think he really was not talking normatively but rather seeking to suggest that we should get our priorities in order and obey not because Science says we should do X or Y but because God does.

Posted (edited)

That is very interesting! I especially value that you called the COB -- though I am not sure that someone there could answer you from an official capacity or not. I really don't know how that is handled.

But, when I see these things, I think about a talk, perhaps by Russell M. Nelson, about how he almost wished that instead of science supporting so much of the Word of Wisdom, it would come up with something against the Word of Wisdom so that the Saints could be tested as to whether they worshiped God or Science.

I remember that, because I thought it was an odd wish. I was not sure I entirely agreed with the idea of placing temptation at the feet of the Saints and I think he really was not talking normatively but rather seeking to suggest that we should get our priorities in order and obey not because Science says we should do X or Y but because God does.

I thought the COB was pretty much official when you really think about it. It is where the First Presidency work. I bet if I called now I'd be told to go talk to my bishop or stake president. This took place a few years ago. Back when I crossed every "t" and dotted every "i" in the church.

Edited by Tacenda
Posted

I thought the COB was pretty much official when you really think about it. It is where the First Presidency work. I bet if I called now I'd be told to go talk to my bishop or stake president. This took place a few years ago. Back when I crossed every "t" and dotted every "i" in the church.

Well, you would think so, but the COB is fulled with all manner of people, some who are secretly anti-Mormon.

Posted

Well...it's been confirmed...coffee icecream is now ok...but hot drinks..coffee and tea still forbidden

Nonsense. No confirmation here. By the way... what happened to those CFR's?

Posted

Yes we do. As I said right at the outset. But in this case, you do not have the details of the disagreement correct.

Not sure that I had a very large objective here.

Not exactly. You were not paying attention if you claim this.

Your lack of awareness on this is not a matter of evidence on anything substantial except your lack of awareness.

This is false. I made no such assumption.

More silliness about how what you have not heard is evidence.

Here is the fact: A person who becomes addicted to alcohol (or heroin or tobacco) always had their first taste. Were they addicted after that first taste? Maybe. The belief that you are not addicted until you are physically dependent is false. Addiction is psychological (and there may be a predisposition to it). There are many many cases of people who never drank and then had one drink --- then two -- then more. And had more over the next few days.. and the next few weeks and then were addicted. This would not have happened had they not had that first drink and opened up the psychological door. The fact is, that psychologically, if they found that they needed the alcohol psychologically after that first drink (and they did) they were addicted from that first drink. Even without being physically dependent --- which is a related but not identical issue.

Some LDS are more righteous than others.

Maybe. There is no evidence of this.

You are good for a laugh, but in all seriousness, you don't have the weight to attack others personally. You don't have the intellectual capacity or the knowledge necessary to play the game. You have done nothing to respond to the anything I stated. However, I strongly suggest you pull those horns back in and address the topic rather than any individual.

Posted

You are good for a laugh, but in all seriousness, you don't have the weight to attack others personally.

It does not require weight ... but in any case I am not attacking others personally. Why the strawman?

You don't have the intellectual capacity or the knowledge necessary to play the game.

Is this supposed to be proof that you do?

You have done nothing to respond to the anything I stated.

That is false. I responded to each thing you stated.

However, I strongly suggest you pull those horns back in and address the topic rather than any individual.

What on earth are you talking about?

Posted

I learned a great deal about applying the Word of Wisdom a few years back. I never felt it was right for me to drink caffeinated beverages but my wife had not trouble with it. I started picking up the habit due to long work hours and a fondness of Dr Pepper. I rationalized that my wife didn't think it was an issue.

Turns out I have a heart valve issue my wife doesn't. I should have listened to the prompting of the Spirit that told me to avoid it and not depend on other people's interpretation or understanding.

Now the Word of Wisdom includes caffeine for me.

On the other hand its not my business to interpret it that way for others over the pulpit.

Amen KevinG

Posted

Well...it's been confirmed...coffee icecream is now ok...but hot drinks..coffee and tea still forbidden

http://www.sltrib.co...ffeine.html.csp

Um Craig, I am some what confused. Why do you even care. You don't believe this stuff anyway. For you you can have all the coffee you want. And no it is not OK to have coffee ice cream. But that is between you and your bishop and teh Lord. I think you seem to not be getting that.

Posted

I'm not allowed to post a new topic since I'm such a noob. Someone can start a new thread with this as an OP or just answer it here:

I recently bought my lady E-cigs from Vaporsmiths to replace her smoking. Worked great and now she only uses them. Brought up the question, are these things WoW friendly? No tobacco, no tar, just a vaporized cloud of flavor and nicotine. Much thanks....

Posted

I'm not allowed to post a new topic since I'm such a noob. Someone can start a new thread with this as an OP or just answer it here:

I recently bought my lady E-cigs from Vaporsmiths to replace her smoking. Worked great and now she only uses them. Brought up the question, are these things WoW friendly? No tobacco, no tar, just a vaporized cloud of flavor and nicotine. Much thanks....

Hello Bear, do you want a letter of the law or the spirit of the law kind of response? First go and read the 89th section again and you will have your answer to the letter of the law; nothing about nicotine. The spirit of the law is another matter; what would you think? Should we avoid the appearance of evil for the sake of others or not?

I think the purpose of those ecigs are to assist one in giving up smoking. Maybe going from those to the n-gum to nothing is a way to go.

Posted

Just how much caffeine is in coffee ice cream?

Haagen-Dazs make a wide of products including ice cream, ice cream bars, sorbet, and frozen yogurt.

Their coffee flavoured ice cream is made with genuine coffee, and has caffeine levels similar to a cup of coffee.

http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content/haagen-dazs-coffee-ice-cream

Haagen-Dazs and Starbucks coffee ice creams both contain between 50 and 60 mg of caffeine per 8 oz. serving. Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch contains 84 mg of caffeine per 9 oz. serving --- about one-third of the recommended daily intake for adults, or as much as a cup of coffee.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/279541-how-much-caffeine-is-in-coffee-ice-cream/

Sounds like its no different then a cup of coffee.

Posted

Just how much caffeine is in coffee ice cream?

http://www.energyfie...offee-ice-cream

Sounds like its no different then a cup of coffee.

And if you let that ice cream melt would it become ice coffee? All kidding aside, I think Mitt is going to regret ordering that caffeinated ice cream because the media often take these thorns in the side and run with them.

Posted (edited)

Um Craig, I am some what confused. Why do you even care. .

I care because something as silly as Mitt Romney buying coffee icecream became newsworthy...any other normal person could have walked into that shop and bought coffee icecream and NOTHING absolutely NOTHING would have come from it because doing so is... well...NORMAL...but MItt does it and it becomes a national story...WHY? Becasue Mormon's have such an annal complex about such silly insignificant NORMAL things as someone eating, drinking, consuming something as binign as coffee....and place so much emphansis as whether it contains caffeine or is consumed hot or cold and now frozen.

Am I the only sane person here who finds this story so completely meaningless yet so significant for its meaninglessness...all becasue a person bought and OMG...consumed a few teaspoons of freaking coffee icecream...this insanity could ONLY be found within Mormonism...

I long for the day when anyone...be they Mormon or not can walk into a shop and buy what ever they legally desire and consume it without having to look over their shoulder for fear of whom might be watching or fear of being reported to some higher authority figure. This is just plain absurd

This behavior ...this level of judgement and scrutiny of what others eat or drink is discusting, disturbing and is a freaking page out of "crazy town"

Edited by Craig Paxton
Posted (edited)

I care because something as silly as Mitt Romney buying coffee icecream became newsworthy...any other normal person could have walked into that shop and bought coffee icecream and NOTHING absolutely NOTHING would have come from it because doing so is... well...NORMAL...but MItt does it and it becomes a national story...WHY? Becasue Mormon's have such an annal complex about such silly insignificant NORMAL things as someone eating, drinking, consuming something as binign as coffee....and place so much emphansis as whether it contains caffeine or is consumed hot or cold and now frozen.

Am I the only sane person here who finds this story so completely meaningless yet so significant for its meaninglessness...all becasue a person bought and OMG...consumed a few teaspoons of freaking coffee icecream...this insanity could ONLY be found within Mormonism...

I long for the day when anyone...be they Mormon or not can walk into a shop and buy what ever they legally desire and consume it without having to look over their shoulder for fear of whom might be watching or fear of being reported to some higher authority figure. This is just plain absurdity.

This behavior ...this level of judgement and scrutiny of what others eat or drink is discusting, disturbing and is a freaking page out of "crazy town"

I agree it's insane, and Mitt, poor guy is probably just a little embarrassed by it. And it reeks pharisee, to the outside world.

Edited by Tacenda
Posted (edited)

Well I responded to yours to the very best of my ability. Now its your turn.

Well the reporter reported it...so I assumed he also witnessed it...turns out that he in fact did...he is after all part of the media contingent following Romney.....BUT...I knew that that was NOT enough evidence for you...you expect such a ridiculous standard...when it is conflicting your beliefs...SO...I took the added step to actually call Millie's restaurant and talked to the employee (Amanda) who served Mitt his Coffee Ice Cream...BUT...I also KNOW that my word is not suffient for you either so call her yourself...I told her that Mormon's like to scrutinize what other Mormons eat or drink and that she may be getting a few weird calls...so she is actually expecting to hear from you.

http://www.milliesna...ww/contact.html

Edited by Craig Paxton
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...