Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

More Book Of Mormon Wordplay Discovered


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have an alternate etymology, which, though Aramaic, fits the narrative better.

...So are you going to share?

Posted

I have an alternate etymology, which, though Aramaic, fits the narrative better.

Hoskisson's etymology is Aramaic.

Posted

Got to keep up the suspense.

and by the way, I am studying the Book of Mormon in the most detailed fashion this year, so that is why I'm trying to plumb every interesting detail.

Posted

Hoskisson's etymology is Aramaic.

As I read the article I understood him to be saying the word originated from Aramaic. The one I'm proposing has a different meaning. To perplex or confound.

Posted

and by the way, I am studying the Book of Mormon in the most detailed fashion this year, so that is why I'm trying to plumb every interesting detail.

I have too much time sitting in Sunday School.

Posted

As I read the article I understood him to be saying the word originated from Aramaic. The one I'm proposing has a different meaning. To perplex or confound.

You mean the hapax legomenon in Daniel? Interesting. I hope you'll give us something on the proposed wordplay.

Posted

You mean the hapax legomenon in Daniel? Interesting. I hope you'll give us something on the proposed wordplay.

I think Volgadon is saving it for official publication in Insights.

Posted

I think Volgadon is saving it for official publication in Insights.

If I do, I have other things I'd submit. I'll post this here, I just want to make the suggestion coherent.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

As I read the article I understood him to be saying the word originated from Aramaic. The one I'm proposing has a different meaning. To perplex or confound.

What is the Aramaic word for perplex or confound?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...