Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Israel under coordinated attack by Hamas.


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

If memory serves me correctly the United States is the tribe of Manasseh and England is the tribe of Ephraim. It's no accident that we were instrumental in bringing the Jews back to Israel.

In what sense though?  If simply descendants, then if there is anyone with Manasseh or Ephraim forefathers in Europe or the US, then everyone has them as forefathers given the time elapsed from when the tribes were lost and since many of the US came from Britain, than the US would be of the Tribe of Ephraim as well and England likely the Tribe of Manasseh since immigration has been both ways.

https://nautil.us/youre-descended-from-royalty-and-so-is-everybody-else-236939/#:~:text=So%2C by inference%2C if Charlemagne,decent brood for any era.

Quote

You are of royal descent, because everyone is. You are of Viking descent, because everyone is. You are of Saracen, Roman, Goth, Hun, Jewish descent, because, well, you get the idea. All Europeans are descended from exactly the same people, and not that long ago. Everyone alive in the 10th century who left descendants is the ancestor of every living European today, including Charlemagne, and his children Drogo, Pippin, and, of course, not forgetting Hugh. If you’re broadly eastern Asian, you’re almost certain to have Genghis Kahn sitting atop your tree somewhere in the same manner, as is often claimed. If you’re a human being on Earth, you almost certainly have Nefertiti, Confucius, or anyone we can actually name from ancient history in your tree, if they left children. The further back we go, the more the certainty of ancestry increases, though the knowledge of our ancestors decreases. It is simultaneously wonderful, trivial, meaningless, and fun.

 

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Calm said:

In what sense though?  If simply descendants, then if there is anyone with Manasseh or Ephraim forefathers in Europe or the US, then everyone has them as forefathers given the time elapsed from when the tribes were lost and since many of the US came from Britain, than the US would be of the Tribe of Ephraim as well and England likely the Tribe of Manasseh since immigration has been both ways.

https://nautil.us/youre-descended-from-royalty-and-so-is-everybody-else-236939/#:~:text=So%2C by inference%2C if Charlemagne,decent brood for any era.

 

Yeah I can never figure out which one is which. I refer you to Genesis chapter 48:17 through verse 22. Also chapter 49 Israel gives blessings to the rest of the tribes and they are recognizable by some of these characters today.

Edited to add not so much as by Blood but as a polity. I guess that's the correct term I'm looking for.

Edited by rodheadlee
Link to comment
23 hours ago, bsjkki said:

 

The response to the get out now has been there is nowhere for those in Gaza to run to, but….

“The "leave now" quote is a mistranslation. The actual words used are "צאו משם עכשיו" which translates to "leave *there* now", which refers to the previous sentence in which he described Hamas locations.“

https://twitter.com/barakravid/status/1710738576915239401#

 

Link to comment

Fighting is spreading

Quote

Hezbollah claims responsibility for mortar strikes from Lebanon into occupied Shebaa Farms; Israel says it has responded with artillery strikes

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/8/israel-palestine-escalation-live-israeli-forces-bombard-gaza

WARNING:. Graphic pictures

Quote

Several foreign nationals have been killed during Hamas’s attacks in Israel.

Among those killed are two Ukrainian nationals, one French citizen and 10 Nepali nationals.

At least three Americans were also among those killed, CNN reported

Quote

Israel’s National Security Council is calling on citizens to refrain from visiting Middle Eastern countries and asked those there already to leave immediately.

Earlier in the day, an Egyptian policeman opened fire on Israeli tourists in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria, killing at least two Israelis and one Egyptian.

 

Edited by Calm
Link to comment

image.thumb.png.d8d590e74da5e3a424986ae49cf7a6aa.png

https://www.facebook.com/hnaftali

This feels so hopeless.  How is this going to accomplish anything but deepening hatred.

There are more dead Palestinians and while I definitely do not see it as equivalent, Palestinians aren’t likely to blame Hamas for using civilians as shields, intentionally creating civilian martyrs.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Tourists in Egypt were targeted and Mossad has warned Jews in the western world to be on alert. 
 Pro Palestinian marches have occurred around the world and imo, that is sick and frightening.

Coming to a neighborhood near you courtesy of the open border.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Calm said:

image.thumb.png.d8d590e74da5e3a424986ae49cf7a6aa.png

https://www.facebook.com/hnaftali

This feels so hopeless.  How is this going to accomplish anything but deepening hatred.

There are more dead Palestinians and while I definitely do not see it as equivalent, Palestinians aren’t likely to blame Hamas for using civilians as shields, intentionally creating civilian martyrs.

It is hopeless. Pro Palestinian marches world wide after this. (Really, don’t click. Very disturbing stuff and evil). Evil exists. https://x.com/tabletmag/status/1711121770420314410?s=46&t=3s1hAwLyJjhV7en6e_9AtQ

This is the hope. 

 

17EBF4E6-6B03-4514-9674-70E1F955179F.jpeg

EED558FF-2DDA-4356-BC00-50330DBFCAA6.jpeg

Link to comment
On 10/7/2023 at 12:06 PM, LoudmouthMormon said:

...

From the Israeli Defense Forces Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/reel/292301566945218 ...

Given the Israeli security reputation and its normally impressive Iron Dome, I find myself wondering if this is a Netanyahu (sp?) ploy to get his judicial overhaul approved and more support.

Assuming it isn't, if it gets Hamas destroyed that will be useful in the middle east, where there isn't going to be peace until Israeli quits treating all Palestinians as less than, and deserving of awful treatment.

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, rpn said:

find myself wondering if this is a Netanyahu (sp?) ploy to get his judicial overhaul approved and more support.

What exactly could be the ploy?  I don’t understand.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, rpn said:

Given the Israeli security reputation and its normally impressive Iron Dome, I find myself wondering if this is a Netanyahu (sp?) ploy to get his judicial overhaul approved and more support.

Assuming it isn't, if it gets Hamas destroyed that will be useful in the middle east, where there isn't going to be peace until Israeli quits treating all Palestinians as less than, and deserving of awful treatment.

Sorry. When you do what they did they deserve awful treatment. I don't consider them human. They need to be exterminated.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Calm said:

What exactly could be the ploy?  I don’t understand.

He’s implying the Netanyahu  allowed this attack on civilians by Hamas to commence for political advantage. A vile accusation . 
 

*I’m more concerned our IC is compromised. 
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israel-middle-east/articles/iran-spy-ring-robert-malley-lee-smith

Edited by bsjkki
Link to comment
2 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Coming to a neighborhood near you courtesy of the open border.

That is not really a thing.

38 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Sorry. When you do what they did they deserve awful treatment. I don't consider them human. They need to be exterminated.

And this is why this conflict will likely never end.

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

When you do what they did they deserve awful treatment. I don't consider them human. They need to be exterminated.

Are you saying the Palestinians need to be exterminate or Hamas?  They are not the same.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

The problem is that making them pay may mean the hostages die. That was the point of taking them.

Those hostages aren’t coming back.  I’m hearing there are confirmed beheading videos of IDF soldiers.  Like the dead girl being paraded on the pickup truck yesterday, the cruelty and barbarism is the point.

 

edit:  and let me just say, I hate what’s coming.  Having kids of my own I have a greater sensitivity to the suffering of children.  And there are going to be Palestinian children that are going to suffer.  Hamas has to be crushed and the leadership removed.  

Edited by SteveO
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

He’s implying the Netanyahu  allowed this attack on civilians by Hamas to commence for political advantage. A vile accusation . 

Pretty nonsensical too. This whole thing put Netanyahu in a horrible quandry. He can negotiate for the return of the hostages and look weak or attack back and likely have to deal with a lot of dead hostages. I really dislike Netanyahu but he does not want to be in this situation. There is a good chance this turns into a horrific slog land war in the heavily populated Gaza Strip. The death toll will be high on both sides. Probably an order of magnitude or two higher on the Palestinian side but it will still be a horrible mess.

6 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Further proof how depraved they are. 

Yes, but also an insight into their overall strategy. I really would like to know what provoked this now. This is a dangerous gambit on the part of Hamas. I suspect there was something that pressured them to do it. Especially since I think they would probably be in a stronger position to pull something like this off and win in a year from now based on political trends in Israel. Maybe not though. There are a lot of factors that make those trends hard to predict.

I would also love to know what happened in Mossad. It had become almost an article of faith that they had assets all over and this was planned without tipping anyone off. And no, I don’t think Mossad knew and were quiet. Even if they were cynical enough to allow this to happen the blowback from their failure wouldn’t be worth any gain.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

He’s implying the Netanyahu  allowed this attack on civilians by Hamas to commence for political advantage. A vile accusation . 
 

*I’m more concerned our IC is compromised. 

There are some who claim the US not only knew about Pearl Harbour, but had the military push Japan so it would take the first act of war so the US would have an excuse to enter the war even though the public was strongly against it and would not otherwise support entry….so not surprised this is considered a possibility.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Calm said:

There are some who claim the US not only knew about Pearl Harbour, but had the military push Japan so it would take the first act of war so the US would have an excuse to enter the war even though the public was strongly against it and would not otherwise support entry….so not surprised this is considered a possibility.

And we have the 9/11 truthers. An accusation without evidence right after a vile attack on civilians is low…very low. 

Link to comment
34 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

suspect there was something that pressured them to do it.

Saudi-Israeli negotiations?

Maybe it is more about Iran than Hamas. (Seen the accusation made in a couple of places, including above)

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/iran-hamas-israel-gaza-attack/675582/

Edited by Calm
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Those hostages aren’t coming back.  I’m hearing there are confirmed beheading videos of IDF soldiers.  Like the dead girl being paraded on the pickup truck yesterday, the cruelty and barbarism is the point.

 

edit:  and let me just say, I hate what’s coming.  Having kids of my own I have a greater sensitivity to the suffering of children.  And there are going to be Palestinian children that are going to suffer.  Hamas has to be crushed and the leadership removed.  

Hamas would have to be very very stupid to start mass killings of the hostages. There are killings but if the hostages start quickly dying Israel has no reason to exercise any restraint.

The cruelty isn’t the main point. Historically Israel has agreed to incredibly lopsided prisoner exchanges.

This exchange in 2011:: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilad_Shalit_prisoner_exchange

They traded over a thousand prisoners for one soldier and did it with high domestic approval for the exchange. Hamas may be gambling on something similar being negotiated here.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Calm said:

Saudi-Israeli negotiations?

Maybe it is more about Iran than Hamas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/iran-hamas-israel-gaza-attack/675582/

Possibly. Saudi Arabia normalizing relations with Israel is a danger to Iran in particular. The issue I see with that is that the main benefactor is Iran which wants to convince local nations that Israel is weak. It is less of a boon to Hamas.

Edited by The Nehor
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Hamas would have to be very very stupid to start mass killings of the hostages. There are killings but if the hostages start quickly dying Israel has no reason to exercise any restraint.

The cruelty isn’t the main point. Historically Israel has agreed to incredibly lopsided prisoner exchanges.

This exchange in 2011:: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilad_Shalit_prisoner_exchange

They traded over a thousand prisoners for one soldier and did it with high domestic approval for the exchange. Hamas may be gambling on something similar being negotiated here.

I agree that they’re being used as bargaining chips, and as shielding.

But there’s absolutely no way Hamas is going to be left standing at the end of this.  And certainly not the leadership.  It’s not entirely clear what kind of response they were expecting.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...