Colorado Shooter LDS Connection

I read that the shooter in last night’s attack in Colorado may have a connection to the church. According to Heavy.com, his mother was active in a local LDS women’s FB group, Sisters of Colorado Springs. I can confirm that her FB photos include the San Diego Temple, where she is from. Her father is a former California state assemblyman who made controversial statements supporting the attack on the Capitol. 

And no, I am not in the least suggesting this attack has anything to do with church teachings or practices. It sounds as if the guy has mental health issues. 

Edited by jkwilliams

Targeted a drag show, grandpa is a hardcore MAGA politician, was arrested for kidnapping and had a standoff with the police but later the charges were dismissed with no explanation and he was still allowed to have firearms after that standoff and a fake bomb threat? Someone was covering up for this kid and possibly feeding him hate at the same time.

Incredibly sad and unfortunate.

For what it is worth, I do not perceive Latter-day Saints as being any more susceptible to that sort of radicalization than other groups, and certainly less than certain other religious communities. If anything, I think there is a pretty strong moderating influence that Church teachings exercise on individuals, including conservatives.

5 hours ago, halconero said:

Incredibly sad and unfortunate.

For what it is worth, I do not perceive Latter-day Saints as being any more susceptible to that sort of radicalization than other groups, and certainly less than certain other religious communities. If anything, I think there is a pretty strong moderating influence that Church teachings exercise on individuals, including conservatives.

Never go to the LDS Freedom Forum if you want to hold onto that belief.

I did not follow my own advice and now I know that this kid was a victim of the “mind control cult” and is a patsy of the deep state being used to discredit the GOP. Or maybe he was set up by pro-gay LDS to increase persecution of the Church as part of the “culture war”. There is also a lot of anti-semitism that seems thrown in because they just love their anti-semitism.

Edited by The Nehor
12 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Never go to the LDS Freedom Forum if you want to hold onto that belief.

I did not follow my own advice and now I know that this kid was a victim of the “mind control cult” and is a patsy of the deep state being used to discredit the GOP. Or maybe he was set up by pro-gay LDS to increase persecution of the Church as part of the “culture war”. There is also a lot of anti-semitism that seems thrown in because they just love their anti-semitism.

I have, and I think it’s existence proves the rule more than anything.

Edited by halconero
3 hours ago, blackstrap said:

The parents would not cooperate. They now bare some of the responsibility for the destruction. 

Do you mean the mother or the mother and grandparents?  Pretty sure the father was out of the picture and it doesn’t sound like the mother had any husband at that time.

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

How could there not be a case even without their help when there was a standoff?

I guess I can see how…..

YUCK!

You have lost me…