1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

Why does it take 3 hrs to cross the border? 2 lanes open 12 lanes closed. 

Prayers for my mom please. She is in the hospital. 

🙏😟 Hope you get to her soon.

3 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Why does it take 3 hrs to cross the border? 2 lanes open 12 lanes closed. 

Prayers for my mom please. She is in the hospital. 

My wife and I will be praying for your mom tonight. 

50 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

They moved her to a long term care facility. She lost the use of her legs. They don't know why. 

That is scary. I can’t drive now due to constant vertigo and even though I never drove that much, I am hating having to be dependent on others. I am also in bed most of the day, but I am able to get up along enough to care for myself.  It is hard to accept the limitations though and depression is something I have to work at to avoid. Losing use of legs though would be tons, tons worse. Hopefully not only will they figure out the issue, but they will be able to help her regain mobility. 

35 minutes ago, Calm said:

That is scary. I can’t drive now due to constant vertigo and even though I never drove that much, I am hating having to be dependent on others. I am also in bed most of the day, but I am able to get up along enough to care for myself.  It is hard to accept the limitations though and depression is something I have to work at to avoid. Losing use of legs though would be tons, tons worse. Hopefully not only will they figure out the issue, but they will be able to help her regain mobility. 

Hope she gets the care she needs. When my mom broke her hip at a care center, that was the end of her walking. I hope they rehabilitate your mother and she's back on her feet soon.

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

They moved her to a long term care facility. She lost the use of her legs. They don't know why. 

I'm so sorry that you are going through these things. I was so hoping you would be on the upward to recovering. 

4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Hope she gets the care she needs. When my mom broke her hip at a care center, that was the end of her walking. I hope they rehabilitate your mother and she's back on her feet soon.

I'm so sorry that you are going through these things. I was so hoping you would be on the upward to recovering. 

I'm doing fine.  Mom is ready to meet the Lord, Dad is not ready for her to go. If she could get her health back for one more summer it would be great. We were planning to go to a family reunion up in Montana in July. 

Thanks for all of your prayers I really appreciate all you folks. I'll be surprised if she makes it through the night. They're allowing us to visit her because her condition is worsening. 

Are you ready for this or is it a shock, Rod?

While my mother’s death was sudden, we were all ready for it because her level of pain was becoming unmanageable and especially because she was beginning to feel fearful about life because of her increasing dementia.  Even she had been wondering why she was still there for the five years after Dad died. 

My husband’s parents were as well having struggles such that death felt a comfort for them more than a deprivation for us. 

But not everyone has that sort of experience and I feel for those who get hit with a painful sense of loss.   If it helps for you to write about it, I would welcome being able to read your comments. 

On 4/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, rodheadlee said:

As someone who changed gears and went into nursing to make sure mom gets the best care she can when needed, watch your mom like a hawk.  Not all facilities are created equal.  

19 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Thanks for all of your prayers I really appreciate all you folks. I'll be surprised if she makes it through the night. They're allowing us to visit her because her condition is worsening. 

You're a good son, my mom had to have a surgery after my father died that almost killed her, after that I went into nursing to make sure she'd get the best care when needed.  I'm sorry to hear about your moms health, in the end you will be rewarded.  It was Christ's Mom who made him start his ministry early at the wedding at Cana and in the end the assumption happened, ending with Mary being crowned queen of heaven.  That's more of a Catholic/High Protestant thing but the concept is the same, Christ loves his Mom and I'm sure he loves those who take care of theirs.  

Sorry for the double post, not sure how to delete and I just caught this one.  Hope you're doing ok.

Edited by poptart
14 hours ago, Calm said:

While my mother’s death was sudden, we were all ready for it because her level of pain was becoming unmanageable and especially because she was beginning to feel fearful about life because of her increasing dementia.

My husband’s parents were as well having struggles such that death felt a comfort for them more than a deprivation for us. 

Yeah. This can be a thing if what's ending is so much worse than dying. My mom had the actual worst case of trigeminal neuralgia on record, crippling arthritis and painful mobility from the broken vertebrae my dad gifted her.  By the time she got to her last year of battling malignant melanoma, there wasn't sadness, just numbness.

For me, loss is tied to a sense of wanting them back but I couldn't possibly want her back here.

2 hours ago, poptart said:

As someone who changed gears and went into nursing to make sure mom gets the best care she can when needed, watch your mom like a hawk.  Not all facilities are created equal.  

Even in top ones, so easy for things to fall through the cracks because of shift changes. 

On 4/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, rodheadlee said:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Rod. :(  Prayers for you both.  Best wishes.

6 hours ago, Chum said:

... For me, loss is tied to a sense of wanting them back but I couldn't possibly want her back here.

There's no way I could understand the pain, the sense of loss, and the difficulty you have experienced, but thank God for the resurrection.  Best wishes.

Thank you all of you for your kind words and your prayers. Mom is hanging in there Moore family is coming to visit. I pray she lives long enough for my brother to see her one more time. There will be family going in Daily now. There could even be a miracle and she could recover. She really perked up when Patty went in to see her.

13 hours ago, Calm said:

Even in top ones, so easy for things to fall through the cracks because of shift changes. 

That's why I'm a fan of in home care, besides better care it's cheaper than a lot of facilities.   You're right though, seen more than a few bad ones where things just fell through the cracks.  From my experience it wasn't just shift  change it was management.  Assisted living is the worst, they don't have much in the way of regulation, they aren't required to have licensed CNAs and the ones handing out meds usually only have a certificate.  They have them often times doing things the state crowns upon and those who don't want to go along with it are usually let go or quit.  Places like that attract the worst people, usually those who either cannot find work elsewhere or lack the resources to go to school for something.  One place I worked at hired a felon who sent one of the residents to the er, they're still running despite having the state visit them constantly.

14 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

There's no way I could understand the pain, the sense of loss, and the difficulty you have experienced, but thank God for the resurrection.  Best wishes.

That was kind. Thank you.

43 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

We are bringing her home for hospice care. Pray for me and Patti to have the strength we need to do a good job.

My mom had hospice, I was grateful for all they did. I hope you and Patti get the help you need to better care for you mom. 

Mom passed away this morning around 9 am. Thanks for all of your prayers. If I could ask for one last prayer for Dad so he doesn't lose faith and he can see Mom again. I need to live  a year longer than dad so I can get their Temple work done. They are not members but they taught me about Christ when I was young. 

Thank you all.

13 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Mom passed away this morning around 9 am. Thanks for all of your prayers. If I could ask for one last prayer for Dad so he doesn't lose faith and he can see Mom again. I need to live  a year longer than dad so I can get their Temple work done. They are not members but they taught me about Christ when I was young. 

Thank you all.

So sorry for your loss, Rod.  Best wishes.