Kind of sad right now

mnn727

I guess being in the High Priest Group I should expect this however its still very hard

I just heard that my Home Teaching companion passed away yesterday,  he had been battling cancer, but had been doing OK. All of a sudden he took a turn for the worse. We had been companions for almost 3 years. I'll miss him greatly. He was enthusiastic about the Gospel and always so good to our families, asking about each one and always remembering things about them (Birthdays, jobs, school, etc). 

He had missed a few HT appointments due to his health, but as of the first of this month he was thinking he might be able to make it to the appointments this month. I have 2 scheduled for this Sunday after Church. 

Its sad to know he won't be going with me anymore -- at least on this side of the veil.

34 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

I guess being in the High Priest Group I should expect this however its still very hard

I just heard that my Home Teaching companion passed away yesterday,  he had been battling cancer, but had been doing OK. All of a sudden he took a turn for the worse. We had been companions for almost 3 years. I'll miss him greatly. He was enthusiastic about the Gospel and always so good to our families, asking about each one and always remembering things about them (Birthdays, jobs, school, etc). 

He had missed a few HT appointments due to his health, but as of the first of this month he was thinking he might be able to make it to the appointments this month. I have 2 scheduled for this Sunday after Church. 

Its sad to know he won't be going with me anymore -- at least on this side of the veil.

Heartbreaking.  Surely it is like losing a limb somehow.  I hope you and his family and the ward family can get through all of this helping each other.  May God give you peace and perspective. Hugs..Jeanne

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Mix some rejoicing in with that mourning if you have not already. Sounds like he has good things ahead of him.

Thanks, I firmly believe that. Wondering if he might be teaching my older brother who passed a couple months back (a non-religious type)

And Thank you all for the kind words. Sunday's Home Teaching is going to be rough.

Edited by mnn727
11 hours ago, mnn727 said:

... Its sad to know he won't be going with me anymore -- at least on this side of the veil. [Emphasis added by Kenngo1969]

I'm very sorry for your loss. :( But hold on to the thought in bold.  Perhaps, when we reach the other side of the veil, we'll be astounded to discover the degree to which those on that side were aware of, were concerned about, and, perhaps, at times, intervened in mortal affairs.  Condolences.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. Home Teaching Yesterday (Sunday) was both sad and uplifting, we remembered my companion, the type of man he was and how enthusiastic about the Gospel and loving of our families he was, we'll miss him but have the hope and knowledge that we'll see him again.   I did also give President Monson's First Presidency message also with an emphasis on watching, listening, or reading General Conference this coming weekend.