Seriously No Politics ×

Family Councils And Family Mission Plans: More Hastening

No, you don't understand what I was talking about.

Our Father in heaven, the one we are usually referring to as our Father in heaven, is the Father of all of us who have ever been sent to this planet, or who will ever be sent here, and we are his children. Before we came here we had what can be called a Family Council meeting, with all of us meeting in council together. Even Satan, before he was sent down here. So even our Father's bad children attended our Family Council meeting, presided over by our one common Father. Our grandparents may have attended too, meaning the parents of our Father in heaven, but our most immediate Father presided over his immediate children because that was his responsibility as our Father, and his wife or wives, our Mother(s), presided with him.

It has been suggested that we form our own Family Councils now. No need to wait until we get to heaven. Our immediate children now will be our immediate children then too, at least as long as we are sealed together as family units.

That makes more sense.  Although if my children are exalted, I'm not sure how much counseling they'll need from me.  Our spirit children in the hereafter seem to be totally different than the children we have in mortality.

That makes more sense. Although if my children are exalted, I'm not sure how much counseling they'll need from me. Our spirit children in the hereafter seem to be totally different than the children we have in mortality.

Counseling together with others in a family council doesn't necessarily involve someone correcting someone else in the council. Counseling with others can be just about communicating ideas and formulating plans and divying up responsibilities and tasks so those in the council can work together toward common goals. So when you get exalted you should expect to counsel with others who are also exalted, even when in council with our Father in heaven. As one of his immediate children you will still be part of his family council with him as your Father just as you will be the Father of your own immediate children. And you will also be in a family council with your mortal Father as your Father forever if you are also sealed to him in his family.

Counseling together with others in a family council doesn't necessarily involve someone correcting someone else in the council. Counseling with others can be just about communicating ideas and formulating plans and divying up responsibilities and tasks so those in the council can work together toward common goals. So when you get exalted you should expect to counsel with others who are also exalted, even when in council with our Father in heaven. As one of his immediate children you will still be part of his family council with him as your Father just as you will be the Father of your own immediate children. And you will also be in a family council with your mortal Father as your Father forever if you are also sealed to him in his family.

Guesswork.

Reasoning. Come, let us reason together.

We do not know enough about exaltation to be able to talk about it beyond the few facts revealed. We cannot reason about it unless we assume it is a lot like here which is what you do. If it is a lot like here I see no reason to strive for it. Reasoning requires premises you do not know. Hence, guesswork.

We do not know enough about exaltation to be able to talk about it beyond the few facts revealed. We cannot reason about it unless we assume it is a lot like here which is what you do. If it is a lot like here I see no reason to strive for it. Reasoning requires premises you do not know. Hence, guesswork.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

But just a little.

[Darth Vader face with a smile emoticon here]

The day faith is required about unsupported Internet speculation is the day I go shopping for a new religion.

Faith is all about being sure of something and our Father can give us enough of his assurance so that we can know the truth of all things.

Are you offended that I do not consider your musings a source of truth?

No, not offended. As I said I just find your lack of faith (about something I do have faith/am sure about) a little disturbing.

But who knows. Maybe you're just not ready to accept it, yet.

No, not offended. As I said I just find your lack of faith (about something I do have faith/am sure about) a little disturbing.

But who knows. Maybe you're just not ready to accept it, yet.

It is true. When I think of beacons of spiritual light drenched in truth I look up the mountain of spirituality and see you.

Then I realize I am on the wrong mountain. :vader: