Introductions?

jaxenro

Hi,

I don't see an introduction section for new members to post in so I figured I would try here. I am not a LDS member at present although I was at one time. Many years ago I had my name removed at my request and am recently going through the process of rejoining

Jax

Hi,

I don't see an introduction section for new members to post in so I figured I would try here. I am not a LDS member at present although I was at one time. Many years ago I had my name removed at my request and am recently going through the process of rejoining

Jax

Hello Jax...

Welcome... I went through many years of being inactive, but I kept my name on the rolls because I still had threads of my testimony and prayed/studied my scriptures, etc.  My return happened when my mom passed away suddenly, and this just spun me around and I finally acted on the promptings I had been receiving for some time urging me to return to Church.  I did, and that was almost 18 years ago and I've never looked back.  And today I'm stronger than ever in faith and testimony. 

So I encourage you...  and send you all good wishes...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... GG

Hi,

Jax

Welcome to the boards, and hopefully soon again to the Church.

Hi,

Jax

Perhaps we should say, "You'll be welcomed back, Jax!" :D (Sorry; couldn't resist going for the slant rhyme. ;)  Seriously, it's awesome you're in "rejoining mode.")

Edited by Kenngo1969

Hello everybody obviously I'm new.

I'm 24 and left the church when I was 16 and will never rejoin.

However my mom is a devout mormon and my dad a jack mormon, though my brothers left when I did. 

I joined this forum to talk to members about their own doctrine and gain a little insight I suppose, I do live in Utah afterall where pretty much everything is influenced by the church somehow.

I guess I am unusual in that I didn't go inactive but resigned. It didn't seem fair to me to be an Elder and not follow the teachings as I thought my actions would then reflect badly on the church. People do look at members and judge the church by their actions so i could not in good conscience maintain my membership in something unless I am committed to supporting it

I guess I am unusual in that I didn't go inactive but resigned. It didn't seem fair to me to be an Elder and not follow the teachings as I thought my actions would then reflect badly on the church. People do look at members and judge the church by their actions so i could not in good conscience maintain my membership in something unless I am committed to supporting it

That is a noble stand to take. 

However my mom is a devout mormon and my dad a jack mormon, though my brothers left when I did. 

I joined this forum to talk to members about their own doctrine and gain a little insight I suppose, I do live in Utah afterall where pretty much everything is influenced by the church somehow.

You make me so curious...why you will never rejoin. I'm "investigating" and would like to know, but don't want you to feel like I'm prying, or feel like you need to spill your guts.

Hello truth...

You're 24... I'm 73... if there's one thing I've learned in my lifetime: Never say never :)

GG  (who reactivated 18 years ago after being inactive for 30+ years)

Forgive me, but being twice your age...never say never. :)