Don't Tell

EllenMaksoud

There has been some criticism about saying that I am Mormon and Muslim, so it seemed appropriate to make things clear. Once one has practiced Islam, especially in some parts of the world, if you "disavow" it, the next Muslim who meets you is supposed to remove your head. So, it seems wise to not ever say one has disavowed Islam. And, in point of fact, it was belief in Muhammad PBUH and the Qur'an that made becoming Mormon so much easier. I suspect that at least some of you will have little trouble reading between the lines. And, I do not fully understand everything that has happened.  It is completely true that since initial contact with the Mormons, Heavenly Father has wrought amazing things in my life, a fact that many converts ought to be able to confirm. I don't understand all that either.

I remember on my mission in Northern California, we were not allowed to teach Muslims for this very reason.  Also, when i was in college we had a missionary (and elder) who served in my area for a very short time who converted from Islam, who's family were trying to find him to restore their 'honor'.  Everything with him had to be very hush-hush and he never stayed in one place very long.

Heavenly Father knows your heart.  If you are right with Him, then whatever anyone else thinks doesn't really matter.

I remember on my mission in Northern California, we were not allowed to teach Muslims for this very reason.  Also, when i was in college we had a missionary (and elder) who served in my area for a very short time who converted from Islam, who's family were trying to find him to restore their 'honor'.  Everything with him had to be very hush-hush and he never stayed in one place very long.

Heavenly Father knows your heart.  If you are right with Him, then whatever anyone else thinks doesn't really matter.

I know in my mission a muslim was baptized. A senior couple finishing their mission took him home with them because of threats made by his family.

I know in my mission a muslim was baptized. A senior couple finishing their mission took him home with them because of threats made by his family.

I actually know several Muslims who are now Mormon. I think the risk is minimal in most parts of the US. Outside America the risk is very high, however there is the African man who converted and is quite public. So, who knows?

Edited by EllenMaksoud

My first baptism was a Muslim! I take it no one cared about us teaching him! he lived in the States for about 30 years and seemed like a decent guy. I remember telling him if anyone comes for you that we never met, you don't know me because the last thing I need is walking around and someone blasting me

Edited by Duncan

My first baptism was a Muslim! I take it no one cared about us teaching him! he lived in the States for about 30 years and seemed like a decent guy. I remember telling him if anyone comes for you that we never met, you don't know me because the last thing I need is walking around and someone blasting me

I converted to Islam in 2005, and in that time I learned that the good Muslims are very, very good, and the bad ones are evil plonkers. Muslims are a largely untapped resource of Investigators, though I fear that one day all of Christendom will one day be at war with them as in the crusades.  Sad, very sad.

My parents baptized an Iranian citizen on their retired couples mission, he told them that his only regret was that he could never go back to the country of his birth again. He was not afraid of the government, but of his family, who would, as you state, kill him for apostasy without fear of being prosecuted. 

I actually know several Muslims who are now Mormon. I think the risk is minimal in most parts of the US. Outside America the risk is very high, however there is the African man who converted and is quite public. So, who knows?

This guy was in Europe and his father told him to give it up or be killed. I haven't seen anything like it in the states.

We are in a spiritual war right now.  But long before the crusades started, Muslims were

trying to conquer Europe for Islam. Fortunately, they failed. See the article "When the

Muslims Nearly Conquered Europe".

Regards,

Jim

When Christianity conquered Europe.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/History_of_Christianity/Medieval_Christianity/Development_of_the_Medieval_Church

That was more of an unholy alliance between a fallen church

and corrupt empire. The gospel of Jesus does not spread by

force. It may have happened that way, but it is not in line with

the teachings of Christ.  Almost anything can be classified as

'Christian' these days without reflecting on the teachings and

character of the Person.

Gail