A Milestone For Me Today

I have at last reached 2,000 rep points.

I am now in the rarified atmosphere occupied by luminaries such as calmoriah and mfbukowski.

I wonder: Does this mean I can now officially be nonchalant and say I don't care about getting rep points anymore because I have so many that one more is no big deal? Or do I have to wait until I come closer to 3,000?

I don't know about others but I cherish every one.

I am now in the rarified atmosphere occupied by luminaries such as calmoriah and mfbukowski.

I wonder: Does this mean I can now officially be nonchalant and say I don't care about getting rep points anymore because I have so many that one more is no big deal? Or do I have to wait until I come closer to 3,000?

It means that you have to attain 100,000 and then the counter resets back to zero to start over, like it did with me just a few days ago.

okay. went and looked. Are rep points the same as profile views? I hope so because I have a ton of those, but I don't see any other points amassed for anything.

Nope. put your cursor on your name and the number is just below your avatar.

Okay I figured it out and have come up with a posts per rep figure.

I have 89 rep points and 676 posts. I get a rep point for every 7.595 posts.

Scott has 2,001 rep points and 15,337 posts. He gets a rate of a rep for every 7.664 posts.

Cal 4,205 reps and 35,25 posts. 8.383 posts per rep.

I ain't feeling half bad now. Thanks for notifying me. I would never have classed myself nowhere near the other two mentioned here.

Scott has 2,001 rep points and 15,337 posts. He gets a rate of a rep for every 7.664 posts.

I ain't feeling half bad now. Thanks for notifying me. I would never have classed myself nowhere near the other two mentioned here.

Bear in mind some of us began making posts long before they instituted rep points. Cal, for example, was here quite a while before I was.

Bear in mind some of us began making posts long before they instituted rep points. Cal, for example, was here quite a while before I was.

What the garbage. This roller coaster is not stopping. I was so astounded by the sheer number of your rep points thinking no way would anyone warrant me one of those. Then when I figured it out and made my comparison I was feeling on cloud nine. Within the next post I was knocked back down to about where I started.

Ouch.

I believe Kevin C. has the best ratio. About 2.5 posts per point.

How many points can you give per day? Does it increase based on time on the board/number of points you have?

The only downside of reading on a phone (as I do) is the mobile site offers no 'rep' button. I have to remember to get on my laptop and go and rep people.

I believe Kevin C. has the best ratio. About 2.5 posts per point.

How many points can you give per day? Does it increase based on time on the board/number of points you have?

The only downside of reading on a phone (as I do) is the mobile site offers no 'rep' button. I have to remember to get on my laptop and go and rep people.

Wow Kevin C. But as Scott points out it's not a fair comparison when we factor in that some were around before reps were a part of it.

Just so you know I do beleive I've given you a few rep points. I think i"m going to be paying more attention as I read along to giving out rep points .

You should ask Pahoran when he decides to come back. Doesn't he hold the record?

I blew him out of the water quite some time back....it helps a lot that he doesn't post anymore.

He might be fourth place these days.

And Scott, I did stop looking after I passed 3000 because it got too embarrassing. Between 2000 and 3000 it was still a game to see how fast I could 'climb'....not that I ever have intentionally written a post to get points...I don't think that far ahead, lol, but sometimes it was just fun to see the numbers go up.

Edited by calmoriah

I blew him out of the water quite some time back....it helps a lot that he doesn't post anymore.

And Scott, I did stop looking after I passed 3000 because it got too embarrassing. Between 2000 and 3000 it was still a game to see how fast I could 'climb'.

There's no record of it, but I'm fairly sure that if there was a table of the number of points given to others, you'd also be at the top of it. How very 'golden rule' of you.

And Scott, I did stop looking after I passed 3000 because it got too embarrassing. Between 2000 and 3000 it was still a game to see how fast I could 'climb'....not that I ever have intentionally written a post to get points, but sometimes it was just fun to see the numbers go up.

Where is Pahoran, anyway. I want him back here.

Did he officially resign?

There's no record of it, but I'm fairly sure that if there was a table of the number of points given to others, you'd also be at the top of it. How very 'golden rule' of you.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, calmoriah skews my total by being far and away my most prolific awarder of rep points.

It occurs to me that calmoriah's total is all the more impressive when you consider that she doesn't have calmoriah to award rep points to her.

Calculate the percentages of the number or points vs your number of posts and you will see that there are those who beat us by a mile. The question is what percentage of your posts get points ;)

{cough kassie cough}

Can anybody tell me when the rep point system was initiated? On a related note, is there anywhere on the board that explains things like rep points, acronyms, how to post pics, multiple quotes within a post, etc for newbies? I think it would be a great resource to have if it's not already available.

Calculate the percentages of the number or points vs your number of posts and you will see that there are those who beat us by a mile. The question is what percentage of your posts get points ;)

{cough kassie cough}

You're late to the game, mfbukowski. Stemelbow already pointed this out. And it's complicated by the fact that some were making posts long before rep points came into being.