Seriously No Politics ×

How Does Your Ward Missionary Dinner System Work?

But couldn't the coordinator use the meal calendar to begin with and then be responsible for filling up the spaces, passing on the info to the missionaries and then doublechecking a day or two ahead of the appointment to make sure it is a go?

I suppose so. We don't have one yet and I have no idea what the instructions from the bishop will be to whoever is called.

I'm staying out of it as much as possible, I have enough other things to do. :)

One can be a grandparent in one's thirties these days (have a child at 15 who has a child at 15).

The missionaries understood what was meant by "grandparent age" and as far as I know no one took advantage with a literal interpretation.

I had a friend that managed a 55+ apartment bldg, and his office was on the first floor near the common area. Tenents used to go to his office to talk about any problem or difficulty... He said that with the women he always left the door open to some degree no matter how old they were.

GG

We have 6 missionaries in our ward with 2 of them being the APS who travel and are around but they aren't around. I am looking to revamp the dinner system. I think now it's just a sheet that gets passed around in RS and i know too that the brethen call up the elders and invite them out as well. But I think we need something new here. How does your ward/branch feed the missionaries?

I can't bring them here, my mother has Alhiemers (not sure on spelling of this horrible condition) but even a lot of family here makes her nervous...it is even worse with strangers. Also living with family on three sides (the compound as we call it) they would get very upset with a bunch of Mormon Elders here, unless we had them dress down. Now that there are six living in a three bedroom apt, it would be rude just asking two. If they were sisters no one would even notice. My Aunt called the other day talking about how my mother mistakenly thinks she will know my Dad in heaven. I informed her that no matter what she believes that she had better not tell my mother otherwise. One of the many false doctrines I grew up being taught...that we would not know that we were related in heaven :( BTW, be in prayer for my youngest daughter who is very sick, I cannot start a thread to ask. One of my dear friends is already praying for her, but the more praying, the better I would feel. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

I can't bring them here, my mother has Alhiemers (not sure on spelling of this horrible condition) but even a lot of family here makes her nervous...it is even worse with strangers. Also living with family on three sides (the compound as we call it) they would get very upset with a bunch of Mormon Elders here, unless we had them dress down. Now that there are six living in a three bedroom apt, it would be rude just asking two. If they were sisters no one would even notice. My Aunt called the other day talking about how my mother mistakenly thinks she will know my Dad in heaven. I informed her that no matter what she believes that she had better not tell my mother otherwise. One of the many false doctrines I grew up being taught...that we would not know that we were related in heaven :sad: BTW, be in prayer for my youngest daughter who is very sick, I cannot start a thread to ask. One of my dear friends is already praying for her, but the more praying, the better I would feel.

As mentioned beforem my mom got Alzheimer's at an early age, started around 62 we think. Anyway, that's good advice for your mom, don't disagree with her no matter how crazy she sounds. Play along, this will alleviate so much. My heart aches for her and your families situation, and I pray your daughter has a quick recovery. Also, you sound like you have a house full, sometimes this beats an empty house! Hopefully you get to go someplace by your self though too! Take care Pa Pa, btw, how's your returned missionary son, is he off to college?

As mentioned beforem my mom got Alzheimer's at an early age, started around 62 we think. Anyway, that's good advice for your mom, don't disagree with her no matter how crazy she sounds. Play along, this will alleviate so much. My heart aches for her and your families situation, and I pray your daughter has a quick recovery. Also, you sound like you have a house full, sometimes this beats an empty house! Hopefully you get to go someplace by your self though too! Take care Pa Pa, btw, how's your returned missionary son, is he off to college?

Caleb is applying for grants and scholships and jobs. My mom is going to Texas tomorrow to stay with my brother for a month. The worst thing for my wife, is my mother thinks my wife is her mother. If I even kiss my wife in front of my mother she gets upset. My mom told me a few weeks ago that I should date women my own age because I should not be dating her mother. I feel like I am living a Greek tragedy sometimes. My brother will fly in to fly back with her...hopefully she will know who he is, he is just getting off the plane and then getting on one two hours later with her. :(

Caleb is applying for grants and scholships and jobs. My mom is going to Texas tomorrow to stay with my brother for a month. The worst thing for my wife, is my mother thinks my wife is her mother. If I even kiss my wife in front of my mother she gets upset. My mom told me a few weeks ago that I should date women my own age because I should not be dating her mother. I feel like I am living a Greek tragedy sometimes. My brother will fly in to fly back with her...hopefully she will know who he is, he is just getting off the plane and then getting on one two hours later with her. :(

My mom thought my sister was "the other woman" once. And other times she didn't know my dad and would ask who he was and where her husband went. It's probably one of worst diseases out there.

P.S. Thank goodness your brother is giving you respite, it's so tough on a caregiver! That might sound like I'm being selfish, but if the caregiver doesn't take care of themselves, it's bad all around.

Edited by Tacenda

Caleb is applying for grants and scholships and jobs. My mom is going to Texas tomorrow to stay with my brother for a month. The worst thing for my wife, is my mother thinks my wife is her mother. If I even kiss my wife in front of my mother she gets upset. My mom told me a few weeks ago that I should date women my own age because I should not be dating her mother. I feel like I am living a Greek tragedy sometimes. My brother will fly in to fly back with her...hopefully she will know who he is, he is just getting off the plane and then getting on one two hours later with her. :sad:

My grandmother thought her son was the hotel manager of the hotel she was staying at. She would complain about the children being able to run around and disturb the guests and such. So very hard, I am so sorry, Pa Pa.