Ark Of The Covenant Discovered?

JAHS

Did Mulek, son of King Zedekiah bring the Ark of the Covenant with him to Panama?

http://thearkoftheco...discovered.com/

Nothing in the news about this, so is this real or fake?

I read through the link. They seem to be claiming that they found the ark of the covenant, but three things make me pretty skeptical. First, no photos of anything that looks like it is the ark as described in the Old Testament and second, calling the area the"narrow neck of land". that is a term only found in the Book of Mormon. Makes me think someone is trying to desperately make a connection between an archeological site and the BoM. And third, the stone tablets would be way more important than the box that held them. If someone hid the ark, then they would understand that the tablets should be hid as well. Just my opinion. It certainly would be thrilling to find such a thing. But I don't think this is it.

I read through the link. They seem to be claiming that they found the ark of the covenant, but three things make me pretty skeptical. First, no photos of anything that looks like it is the ark as described in the Old Testament and second, calling the area the"narrow neck of land". that is a term only found in the Book of Mormon. Makes me think someone is trying to desperately make a connection between an archeological site and the BoM. And third, the stone tablets would be way more important than the box that held them. If someone hid the ark, then they would understand that the tablets should be hid as well. Just my opinion. It certainly would be thrilling to find such a thing. But I don't think this is it.

I agree. I think the reason why they don't show photos of the ark is because they want people to come there and pay money to see it (whatever it is).

Whoever has put this piece together has heavily utilized my “New Information About Mulek, Son of the King,” FARMS Update,

Feb 1984, reprinted in John W. Welch, ed., Reexploring the Book of Mormon: The F.A.R.M.S. Updates (Provo: FARMS/SLC: Deseret Book, 1992), 142-144, online at http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=71&chapid=806..

At least he has been busy reading rather than vegetating in front of the boob tube.

Whoever has put this piece together has heavily utilized my “New Information About Mulek, Son of the King,” FARMS Update,

Feb 1984, reprinted in John W. Welch, ed., Reexploring the Book of Mormon: The F.A.R.M.S. Updates (Provo: FARMS/SLC: Deseret Book, 1992), 142-144, online at http://maxwellinstit...d=71&chapid=806..

At least he has been busy reading rather than vegetating in front of the boob tube.

I knew I was experiencing moments of Deja vu as I was reading that.

Reminds me.

During tithing settlement, I saw a replica of the "Tree of Lfe" Stela on the Bishop's desk. Didn't have the heart to tell him......

I'd get one even though it has nothing to do with the BoM, perhaps he is just interested in such things though it would be rather unusual to have it in the church office if so.

I agree. I think the reason why they don't show photos of the ark is because they want people to come there and pay money to see it (whatever it is).

If so, that is probably a poor marketing ploy as few will travel all that way on the chance they may have something so unlikely. Plus there should be reports of others having viewed it. Any out there?

I read through the link. They seem to be claiming that they found the ark of the covenant, but three things make me pretty skeptical. First, no photos of anything that looks like it is the ark as described in the Old Testament

If it does not look luike Stephen Spielberg's version...not buying it. :diablo:

Reminds me.

During tithing settlement, I saw a replica of the "Tree of Lfe" Stela on the Bishop's desk. Didn't have the heart to tell him......

Tell him what? Some scholars agree there are parallels and some others disagree. Frankly I think both are right, just like I think both are right when it concerns Quetzalcoatl. There are many valid parallels, and there are clearly things also that don't fit.

Everything not fitting perfectly doesn't mean there isn't a historical connection in the culture itself. Stella 5 is still an "evidence" for the BOM.

Archived