Prayer Request

Be glad to.

However, I disagree with your statement that you are "not much of a person of Faith right now". Asking for a prayer is an act of faith.

What you don't have faith in is your own faith, I believe, so drop to your own knees and do it yourself, too. If King Lamoni's father can say a prayer like, "O, God, if there is a God, and if thou art God, ...", and receive a miracle, you can approach Him, too, based on the same level of faith the king had that day.

Lehi

Hang in there, Valentinus. I’m rooting for you. I was really close to my grandmother, and it was really hard for me when her health began to take a turn for the worse. I loved her dearly; as I’m sure you feel the same way about your grandmother.

May I make a suggestion? Would you consider calling a temple in your area to put your grandmother’s name and whoever else you want (including yourself) on the temple prayer role? The names will stay on there for about two weeks, and after that, you can call back to put them back on again if you want.

The number for the Denver Temple (the closest one to where I live) is 303-730-0220.

Best wishes,

Sky

Father God, may you please be with valentinus's family in a very special way, ministering in every way. May you please provide, all that valentinus's Grandmother stands in need of at this time and throughout her life, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. First and formost, may she surrender her life in a new or fresh way in order that she may recieve fully your grace and mercy and that her faith in you may grow deep. I ask this through Jesus name, Amen

Please keep us posted so that we will continue to know how to pray for you and your family.

Mat 7:7-11 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 "Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? 10 "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Mat 18:19,20 "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Mat 21:22 "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Mk 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you

Be glad to.

However, I disagree with your statement that you are "not much of a person of Faith right now". Asking for a prayer is an act of faith.

What you don't have faith in is your own faith, I believe, so drop to your own knees and do it yourself, too. If King Lamoni's father can say a prayer like, "O, God, if there is a God, and if thou art God, ...", and receive a miracle, you can approach Him, too, based on the same level of faith the king had that day.

Lehi

Lehi,

The request was made on behalf of my loved ones. Respectfully, I do not wish to discuss my faith crisis, if that is what it is to be called, or my doubts concerning Divine love or presence. That is irrelevant to the need of charitable compassion I request for family.

Hang in there, Valentinus. I’m rooting for you. I was really close to my grandmother, and it was really hard for me when her health began to take a turn for the worse. I loved her dearly; as I’m sure you feel the same way about your grandmother.

May I make a suggestion? Would you consider calling a temple in your area to put your grandmother’s name and whoever else you want (including yourself) on the temple prayer role? The names will stay on there for about two weeks, and after that, you can call back to put them back on again if you want.

The number for the Denver Temple (the closest one to where I live) is 303-730-0220.

Best wishes,

Sky

I provided my brother with the phone number to the Mesa Temple so that he could make that request for prayers. Thank you for the reference to the Denver Temple.

Update: the doc is going to do a bronchoscopy to clean out her lungs but it doesn't ensure she will get better. She went critical almost an hour ago and coded.

I probably have no right to ask this. I'm asking more for my grandmother who is sick and my family since I'm not much of a person of Faith right now. My grandmother has kidney failure, sepsis and pneumonia. I am asking for prayers for her and the family as they endure the situation.

Regards,

valentinus

One does not need to be a "person of faith" to love and understand the need for prayer...consider it done.

Done.

Best wishes.

I'm definitely grateful for modern medicine and science. My grandmothers doc performed the bronchoscopy and extracted some fluid to have it tested and cultured. Since early this evening, her blood pressure has gone up to 110/90 and her heart rate came down to 115. She's not completely on the road to recovery but she turned a corner in a positive direction. Thanks to those who offered prayers for my family. It means a lot to them.

I'm definitely grateful for modern medicine and science. My grandmothers doc performed the bronchoscopy and extracted some fluid to have it tested and cultured. Since early this evening, her blood pressure has gone up to 110/90 and her heart rate came down to 115. She's not completely on the road to recovery but she turned a corner in a positive direction. Thanks to those who offered prayers for my family. It means a lot to them.

We shall continue to her and your family in prayer! Thanks for the update.

I too will add my prayers... I was relieved that she seems better. Sepsis is so difficult in an older person. Bless your grandmother, and your family...

GG

Well, things got bad. Not for my grandmother. However, a simple discussion between my mother and I caused her to get heated. It was stupidly dramatic. She yelled at me and called me a fag*ot in front of other family. She then asked me to leave the hospital. I asked her if that was what she really wanted and she confirmed that she did. I told her that was fine and I wouldn't be back. I'm deeply heartbroken right now. I know that the situation is very sensitive and that I should dismiss it. But I can't. I refuse to be victimized by bigotry even when it comes from family. I don't want anyone's sympathy for what happened. I refuse to be or be seen as weak.

I apologize for sharing this but I wanted to get it out of me before it really started to kill me.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers for my family. I appreciate it.

Valentinus,

Thank you for letting us "in" and sharing what is happening. I can't imagine what you are going through right now with your family, I am sorry that your Mom's words were hurtful. I don't know why, but we tend to hurt the people we love, the most, especially in times when we are overwhelmed and stressed.

Praying that you and your Mother may experience true peace and forgiveness.

I too hope that you and your Mother can find peace and put this aside. I know you are hurting so my prayer is for you both... and that your grandmother will continue to improve.

GG

My grandmother isn't getting better. If she doesnt get better by Friday, the doc is going to remove her breathing tube. Thank you everyone who has kept my family in your prayers. I love you all for doing so.

Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear that her health is still failing. Is your Grandmother in a comma? Praying for you still and your family for strength, comfort and peace. I pray that you will know that God has not forsaken you or your Grandmother. May you experience HIS love in a tangible way as you walk through these days ahead. Keep the updates coming.

My grandmother is in hospice care. Her breathing is shallow. Her brain and other organs are slowly shutting down. We are saying goodbye.

A bishop and my uncle gave her a blessing. Out of respect to my family and our faith heritage, I knelt next to the bed and held her hand. As the bishop was giving her a blessing, I felt what I can only describe as a jolt of warmth pass into my hand as I held hers. Then I felt an almost overwhelming sense of peace. I'm giving the last amount of hope I've got because I believe it was Heavenly Father. I know I said I was deconverting but this is the only explanation I can give. I believe I felt His love for my grandmother and for me. I'm sorry to make this update about me but I wanted to share it with you all. If Heavenly Father won't give up on me then I won't give up on him either.