I'M Endowed!

ChristKnight

Kewl! B:)

Made the determination that you will bring your ancestors with you. Do family history and take their names with you and let them enjoy the same experience.

I am semi-retired and go every week. It has a deep and profound affect on me and my life.

I once spent the entire day in the Washington DC temple, and managed to get in 7 sessions. I had never done anything like that before, and though at first I wondered if it would get "old" or "boring", I reallized that when you're in the Spirit, you can't be bored!

Stargazer, I spent the entire day in the DC temple as well. It was a marvelous experience. We had a stake RS trip from North Carolina and so we had to make the best use of our time there.

ChristKnight,

As someone who was raised Catholic and converted to the Church at age 20, who was also relatively recently endowed, I can perhaps relate somewhat. :)

I had a wonderful experience myself. Congratulations!

ChristKnight,

As someone who was raised Catholic and converted to the Church at age 20, who was also relatively recently endowed, I can perhaps relate somewhat. :)

I had a wonderful experience myself. Congratulations!

That's awesome! I wish I converted at 20, then I definitely would have served a mission. Ah well. The temple really is what I've been "missing" in my year as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, coming from the Catholic Church and its ritual and sacred space views. Today after the endowment session, I just walked around the temple, looking at all the art, going into the sealing rooms, etc. I love being in there, I'll definitely be going at least once a week, I'm grateful that I have a temple so close. Oh and it was funny, I went to the 12:15pm session, and naturally most people are either in school or work at that time, so I was probably one of just a few under 30 years old patrons at that time, haha.

Hello ChristKnight...

I'm so happy to read your posts and know you feel about the temple as you do... Every week for almost six years I made the trip into the Portland temple where I was an ordinance worker on Fridays. I loved the privilege of performing the ordinances for the sisters. In 2010 I had to give it up because of some health issues... but I still manage to go about once a month.

Being an ordinance worker changed me... I became gentler, more compassionate, more humble, more spiritual. How can one not be more in tune with the Spirit because of the temple...

All good wishes... GG

I once spent the entire day in the Washington DC temple, and managed to get in 7 sessions. I had never done anything like that before, and though at first I wondered if it would get "old" or "boring", I reallized that when you're in the Spirit, you can't be bored!

So did I, but only 6...we spent 3 days there.

Stargazer, I spent the entire day in the DC temple as well. It was a marvelous experience. We had a stake RS trip from North Carolina and so we had to make the best use of our time there.

The only time I have been to Durham NC, was a rest stop on our way from Columbus, GA to DC.

Just wanted to share with everyone that I was endowed in the Manhattan New York Temple today!! I had a really amazing experience, and loved all of it, especially the Washing and Anointing. I could feel the Spirit the entire time, and just loved being in such a sacred place, the house of the Lord. Coming from the Catholic Church, I missed the belief of being in the presence of God in a sacred place, and I loved the Temple for bringing that to a different level. The temple was so beautiful inside, it was awesome just walking around and looking at the architecture, sacred paintings, etc. While we were waiting for someone from the Temple Presidency to talk to us, our guide took us up to the sealing room floor, and it was really beautiful, and we got to see a little bit of sealings being performed, which was cool. That floor is actually considered to be a "grand hallway" since there's no "grand staircase" in the Manhattan Temple, so it was pretty awesome. I also loved that the Temple really is focused on Jesus Christ and His atonement in many ways, contrary to what some critics claim about Temple ordinances.

Anyway, just wanted to share, I can't wait to go back again, and I'm grateful to have a temple so close to me to be able to go when I want.

I went to the Swiss Temple on 29 April 1981 for the first time, later I went to the London Temple. I had such a child-like faith then that I truly though I might see God there in the Celestial room. My heart was about to come out of my chest…little did I realize I was indeed coming into the presence of God. Reading your post made me remember that, so thank you! The best part of the day was when my wife and I were sealed and they brought my two children (at that time) into the sealing room. At the time they were 2 and 5 years of age…with 8 witnesses who came with us on the trip, not a dry eye in the room, including the man doing the sealing ceremony. It was then that I understood the comment in the scripture “even unto the consuming of my flesh”. 1 Nephi 17:48...God bless you.