Fair Mormon's new YouTube branding strategy

On 12/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Tacenda said:

A couple of new videos. Not sure who put out the second, the first one I'm looking forward to listening to. I remember years ago a friend of my husband and I, told us about the show "Heart of the Matter, and I tuned into it for the next show. Shawn almost got me into another faith and got me hyped up with being more a "Jesus Lover" type person. While watching one of the shows, it's a call-in show, I heard our friend's voice ask Shawn a question on air, lol, I didn't tell him I knew. I think he wasn't happy with Shawn and what he was saying about the LDS church. So that's why I'm interested in hearing what Shawn says, Shawn has not come full circle and come back to the church, but he's less critical of the church now.

Thanks for posting the first video.  I personally find a lot of truth in the discussion and one that I think every person who wants to follow Christ should think about.  

On 12/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, california boy said:

Thanks for posting the first video.  I personally find a lot of truth in the discussion and one that I think every person who wants to follow Christ should think about.  

You're welcome, I'm glad you watched the first one with Shawn, I liked Shawn's teachings as well and the discussion by each of the youth surrounding him, I was very impressed. I wish FM videos with Brad and Kwaku could do that well, but it's a show, not a discussion. But I guess it wasn't meant to be a discussion, whatever works I guess.

Edited by Tacenda
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Does anyone know if Fair still wants to be associated with Kwaku? I don't see their podcasts anymore, have them been removed?

Edited by Tacenda
20 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Does anyone know if Fair still wants to be associated with Kwaku? I don't see their podcasts anymore, have them been removed?

They are all still there.  Click on the link in the OP and it takes you right to them.

12 minutes ago, JustAnAustralian said:

The "The Show" videos all still listed on the fairmormon YouTube channel so presumably they are ok with it.

12 minutes ago, JustAnAustralian said:

The "The Show" videos all still listed on the fairmormon YouTube channel so presumably they are ok with it.

I guess I remember there being a link to them on the main Fair Mormon board.

19 minutes ago, JustAnAustralian said:

I wouldn’t presume we are okay with anything until there has been a chance to find out what is going on.  I believe this is the first we have heard about it.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I guess El Kwaku and friends are in for it now.

"In for it?"  Kwaku isn't even one of the people who was charged.

11 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

From the article:

The promoters of a Halloween party held on the west side of Utah Lake that drew thousands of people — the majority of them ignoring COVID-19 safety guidelines by not wearing masks or social distancing — now face criminal charges.

Nine people were charged Friday in Utah County Justice Court with disobeying public health laws, a class B misdemeanor: Erik Scott Little, 27, of Sandy; James McReynolds, 23, of Lindon; Samuel Mark Nii, 22, of Orem; Daniel Edward Mortensen, 22, of Eden; Sadie Brooke Salisbury, 25, of Draper; Braden Abel Estrada, 26, of Sandy; Talifolaukovi Roger Foliaki, 28, of Pleasant Grove; Andrew Ivie, 23, of Midway; and Tanner Valerio, 26, of Bluffdale.

Little and Valerio are the co-founders of The Tribe Utah, the group that police say organized the mostly maskless gathering on Oct. 31 that drew an estimated 10,000 people. Nii is the co-owner of Young and Dumb LLC, another company that prosecutors say helped promote the event.

It looks like they were all charged with a violation of Utah Code 26-23-3 ("Violation of public health laws or orders unlawful").  Here's the relevant portion of the text:

26-23-3.  Violation of public health laws or orders unlawful.
     It shall be unlawful for any person, association, or corporation, and the officers thereof:

(1)    to willfully violate, disobey, or disregard the provisions of the public health laws or the terms of any lawful notice, order, standard, rule, or regulation issued thereunder; or

Violation of this statute is a Class B Misdemeanor, which could theoretically involve a fine of up to $1,000 and/or up to six months in jail.  We'll see what happens.

From the article:

In announcing the charges, Utah County Attorney David Leavitt on Monday talked about his role of balancing public health orders with the public’s constitutional rights of free speech and assembly, or as Leavitt put it, those who believe “life needs to go on.”
While the public has constitutional rights, they also have societal obligations, Leavitt said. And in this case, the organizers sought to profit off of a pandemic “all the while endangering not only those who were there, but countless others.”

In addition to organizers and promoters facing charges, Leavitt said those who have attempted to obstruct the investigation that is still ongoing could also be charged.

Also Monday, Leavitt and the Utah County Health Department announced $10,000 fines against The Tribe Utah, Young and Dumb, Little, Estrada, Nii and Valerio.

Leavitt said businesses that attempt to profit off of a pandemic by hosting events to protest rules against large gatherings and mask wearing “simply will not get a pass from my office.”

“If they violate a state health order to this magnitude … this office will hold them accountable,” he said.

During the online press conference, a man who identified himself as a friend of some of the event organizers asked Leavitt how they could be profiting if the event was free.

“There are more ways of profiting than monetary,” Leavitt replied, while noting the groups received a lot of public attention on social media which arguably helped promote their businesses.

I think Leavitt perhaps overplayed his hand on the "profiting" bit.  We'll see.

I wonder if there may be some interesting civil liberties implications here.

On balance, I think the party should not have been held.  However, I also think the prosecutor may end up not pursuing all of these charges.

Thanks,

-Smac

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

None of those names are connected to Fair that I am aware of. 

1 hour ago, Calm said:

None of those names are connected to Fair that I am aware of. 

"Young and Dumb LLC" and Kwaku El's business partner, Samuel Nii is listed in the article.

Interesting youtube with Kwaku talking about how he got hired or started helping Fair with LDS apologetics.

Edited by Tacenda
32 minutes ago, Calm said:

So guilty by association in your book?

No, it mentions Young and Dumb LLC, and the owner is Kwaku and Samuel, but they didn't put Kwaku's name, maybe they listed one of the owners each on the different groups. Maybe Samuel Nii was the one that put out the text that the party was on the down low, so he's the one being charged?

c/p'd below:

Nii is the co-owner of Young and Dumb LLC, another company that prosecutors say helped promote the event.

The promoters, while telling ticket holders that the event had been canceled, also stated, “Keep this on the dl, but a massive free underground party might still pull through. If it does, we will send you the info asap but we won’t post about it anywhere, we can’t let the haters win. We just can’t,” according to charging documents.

Edited by Tacenda
4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

maybe they listed one of the owners each on the different groups. 

I highly doubt they just decided to randomly charge one owner of the groups involved.  More than likely the ones charged were the ones involved in promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

I highly doubt they just decided to randomly charge one owner of the groups involved.  More than likely the ones charged were the ones involved in promotion. 

I wonder if Kwaku isn't apart of Young and Dumb now.

Also Monday, Leavitt and the Utah County Health Department announced $10,000 fines against The Tribe Utah, Young and Dumb, Little, Estrada, Nii and Valerio.

Edited by Tacenda
4 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I wonder if Kwaku isn't a part of Young and Dumb now.

If you don't capitalize the 'Y' and the 'D', I would say yes!  😉

This is apparently why Nis got charged:

Nii, who is co-owner along with Kwaku El of Young/Dumb, an event company that held multiple indoor dance parties in Utah County in the summer of 2020, reportedly promoted the party on his private account...

Additionally, a stage had been set up “with sound systems, canopies, (a) projector screen, lighting, lasers, and DJ equipment.”

The deputies who responded observed the defendants “working on the equipment on the stage” and identified them “as the event organizers.”

“Through social media, investigators were able to corroborate that all nine individuals were involved in promoting and putting on the event,” prosecutors wrote.

If Kwaku did not promote the underground party privately or publicly nor make money off of it (it was free, correct), it is reasonable he not be charged...especially if he didn’t even attend. (Not saying he didn’t, just haven’t seen info that confirmed he was there or involved in that specific party)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/criminal-charges-filed-against-alleged-organizers-of-utah-lake-halloween-party/article_e7ed5123-393a-575e-b9ba-27a89cb8e73e.amp.html

Edited by Calm
2 hours ago, CA Steve said:

If you don't capitalize the 'Y' and the 'D', I would say yes!  😉

Hahaha! Good one CA Steve!

2 hours ago, Calm said:

This is apparently why Nis got charged:

If Kwaku did not promote the underground party privately or publicly nor make money off of it (it was free, correct), it is reasonable he not be charged...especially if he didn’t even attend. (Not saying he didn’t, just haven’t seen info that confirmed he was there or involved in that specific party)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/criminal-charges-filed-against-alleged-organizers-of-utah-lake-halloween-party/article_e7ed5123-393a-575e-b9ba-27a89cb8e73e.amp.html

Below are a few of Kwaku's tweets the day of the party. I have a feeling he was there. But that doesn't mean he was the one that did the down low stuff, sounds like it was his co-owner of the Y&D club. But Kwaku was pretty passionate back then. He's still in that age of youth that they can get pretty passionate or maybe non passionate, or misplaced passionate. 
“it’s so unfair that after a year of isolation & shame culture, people are rebelling against the system by having bigger organized gatherings than ever before & choosing freedom over fear!! why aren’t people listening to my hyperbolized data & fear tactics anymore?!”

it’s not about safety it’s about progressivism and the control over culture. they’re terrified that hope is stronger than fear. they’re terrified that the human spirit can’t be beat. they’re terrified they can’t control us anymore!!

you ever wondered why it’s mostly radical marxist people yelling at you to stay isolated from friends, lose money, and do whatever the government tells you? because they want you to be miserable like them. DON’T GIVE IN!!

This is fairly new, saw it on my FB feed. It mentions Young and Dumb LLC and a separate entry for Samuel M. Nii both being fined for 10,000! I wonder how Kwaku and Samuel are intending on paying those large amounts. I guess it will teach them a lesson. 

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/utah-co-to-announce-whether-charges-filed-against-halloween-party-organizers?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&fbclid=IwAR1sWgrWmxls41vFeF6KBoV1RnmBkChgbp0Fg2rAc98nL_pt4-aZGnQ0RwE

• Branden A. Estrada of Sandy, Utah - Civil Penalty in the amount of $10,000
  • Eric Little of Sandy, Utah - Civil Penalty in the amount of $10,000
  • The Tribe Utah, LLC, Eric Little Registered Agent - Civil Penalty in the amount of $10,000
  • Samuel M. Nii, Orem, Utah - Civil Penalty in the amount of $10,000
  • Tanner G. Valerio of Bluffdale, Utah - Civil Penalty in the amount of $10,000
  • Young and Dumb, LLC of South Jordan, Utah - Civil Penalty in the amount of$10,000
Edited by Tacenda