Seriously No Politics ×

LDS men recently arrested for trafficking fentanyl.

Glenn101

Bernard Gui tried to open this type of topic and got a 403 Forbidden error code. Now, after all of the comments, I don't know why he got the denial. but he is welcome to insert his comments in this thread.

Edited by Glenn101
Added a comment.

It is awful that anyone in any Church did, or does such a thing. But the lesson I learned in Law-Enforcement, and the Military, is that people of every Faith, are enslaved by the same evils that have always been a part of mankind. As the Scripture says, “there is nothing new under the sun”. Horribly, those who are a part of, or attend Church, use it as a shield to get away with their crimes longer. I once called in someone to issue a number of citations, he then tried to remind me that I was once his teacher, helped him get his license and a member.of the Church. I paused for a moment, and told him “I knew who he was, and that is why I did not have him brought in in handcuffs”. It was why I was writing the citations, because I wanted you to know how sickened I was”. I could have assigned any number of officers, but I wanted him to know how disappointed I was, that someone of my Faith, whom I helped so much, did this in my jurisdiction. At that time, I was working as Chief of Inspections for the City of Atlanta. I had an older Inspector of mine, who was making and missing a lot of mistakes, but he lost his job because he missed some very dangerous conditions, left by this individual. I made it clear that he had to fix the issues himself, return any money to the home owners, and pay the maximum fines, to avoid any jail time. It was within my police powers (in fact I had two uniformed officers downstairs in the event he cried foul) and I had done this to other contractors, but this time is was much more disappointing. 

Reminds me of the Elder Holland quote in today's lesson in Sunday School, Come Follow Me, 142,

"Be kind regarding human frailty---your own as well as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and women.  Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with."  Ensign, May 2013.

I am watching 60 minutes right now. Early in the program they had something on fentanyl. I guess the best way to traffick this stuff is through the US postal service. They found that the majority came from China. They showed several bags of it and said one bag could kill an entire state, or something to that affect or maybe it was a very large city of people. It's one scary drug. I guess people buy it online, it's that easy.

@Glenn101 do you have the link to your post? Or more information on this?  

I have a hard time condemning anyone for using anything that makes life at least seem a little easier.

I am surprised at it moving through the mail that much. The US postal service’s enforcement arm is scary effective when they work a case. They make a lot of the FBI look like bumbling amateurs by comparison.

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

I have a hard time condemning anyone for using anything that makes life at least seem a little easier.

I am surprised at it moving through the mail that much. The US postal service’s enforcement arm is scary effective when they work a case. They make a lot of the FBI look like bumbling amateurs by comparison.

I'm taken aback by this post of yours! So something synthetic is okay to make life easier but CBD/THC or medical marijuana not? Maybe I misunderstood you on the thread about cannabis? Because you seemed really against the legalization. ETA: Cannabis is natural herb as well.

Edited by Tacenda
14 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I'm taken aback by this post of yours! So something synthetic is okay to make life easier but CBD/THC or medical marijuana not? Maybe I misunderstood you on the thread about cannabis? Because you seemed really against the legalization. ETA: Cannabis is natural herb as well.

I did not say it was okay. I just have a hard time condemning anyone for using it to deal with the pain of life. I still believe fentanyl should be illegal and I am definitely still dubious of the idea that CBD is the wonder drug the sites you frequent make it out to be.

Shamo grew up in Phoenix with three older sisters. As a teenager, he started smoking pot and refusing to attend services with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His parents sent him to boarding school in Utah, where he earned his Eagle Scout badge. He later met Crandall through their shared love of longboarding and they moved in together. Crandall was awkward and shy; Shamo was charismatic, and prided himself on helping his friend talk to girls.

The pair concocted a plan to sell their Adderall, prescribed for attention deficit disorder, on the dark web — a wild, unregulated layer of the internet reached through a special browser. There are underground marketplaces there that mimic Amazon or eBay, where guns and drugs and pirated software are traded. Money is exchanged anonymously through cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.

They learned what they needed on the web, searching with queries like "how to ship drugs." It was so easy. They expanded, ordering drugs in bulk, breaking them down and selling at a mark-up, all while barely having to leave the house.

https://kutv.com/news/local/i-am-awesome-how-a-millennial-built-a-fentanyl-empire-09-16-2019