JAHS Posted December 27, 2018 Posted December 27, 2018 A Utah man gave his mother a portrait of Obi-Wan Kenobi for Christmas and she hung it on her wall thinking it was Jesus What do you think? 2
Popular Post Calm Posted December 27, 2018 Popular Post Posted December 27, 2018 I think his sense of humor and respect for his parents needs some work. (It is not so much the prank, but fliming and publishing it I find very disrespectful...he has intentionally turned his parents into figures of ridicule, imo) 5
JAHS Posted December 27, 2018 Author Posted December 27, 2018 (edited) 42 minutes ago, Calm said: I think his sense of humor and respect for his parents needs some work. (It is not so much the prank, but fliming and publishing it I find very disrespectful...he has intentionally turned his parents into figures of ridicule, imo) I tend to agree, but we don't know what kind of sense of humor his mother has. His dad seemed to think it was funny. "Now that the post is going viral, Buchanan decided to give his dad a heads up and now his dad can't stop laughing." The video doesn't seem to be available any more. Edited December 27, 2018 by JAHS
Calm Posted December 27, 2018 Posted December 27, 2018 7 hours ago, JAHS said: I tend to agree, but we don't know what kind of sense of humor his mother has. His dad seemed to think it was funny. "Now that the post is going viral, Buchanan decided to give his dad a heads up and now his dad can't stop laughing." The video doesn't seem to be available any more. His dad might not continue to feel that way if he gets harassed in the future from strangers because of it or it is used to attack believers as stupid, etc. I would have thought it funny if it had been kept private to the family. 1
The Nehor Posted December 27, 2018 Posted December 27, 2018 12 hours ago, Tacenda said: A very white Jesus. I expect Jesus would either find it sad or funny or both how much people obsess about the concentration of melanin in his mortal body. 1
poptart Posted December 27, 2018 Posted December 27, 2018 This is where i'd get in trouble, I would have looked for the most saintly looking bob marley lookalike and hung it on the wall. 2
Robert F. Smith Posted December 27, 2018 Posted December 27, 2018 (edited) 21 hours ago, JAHS said: ........................... Ben Urrutia has said: Quote Consider Obi-Wan Kenobi's confident words: "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Consider also his smile and the serene way he puts up his sword, and dies, but indeed only to become more powerful than ever. The moment of his death is the moment of his greatest triumph. The same is true of Christ and of every Christian: "Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it" (Luke 17:33). "Verily, verily I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit" (John 12:24). Consider, in the Book of Mormon: Abinadi, the Ammonites, the Prophet Mormon. For all of them, the moment of death was the moment of victory. Urrutia, “The Force That Can Be Explained Is Not the True Force,” Dialogue, 11/3 (Autumn 1978):101 (100-102), online at https://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V11N03_102.pdf . Edited December 27, 2018 by Robert F. Smith
The Nehor Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 On 12/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, Jeanne said: Whoa....he looks like my husband. Your husband might secretly be a Jedi. Have you ever caught him levitating objects or convincing you to do something with a simple statement? 1
Jeanne Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 2 hours ago, The Nehor said: Your husband might secretly be a Jedi. Have you ever caught him levitating objects or convincing you to do something with a simple statement? Nope....but I am sure he can do that now....I wish he could convince me of many things...! He died 20 years ago in January and that picture only lacked the salt and pepper hair. 😋
Tacenda Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 51 minutes ago, Jeanne said: Nope....but I am sure he can do that now....I wish he could convince me of many things...! He died 20 years ago in January and that picture only lacked the salt and pepper hair. 😋 Handsome guy Jeanne, I'm sure January is so difficult for you. 😿
The Nehor Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 1 hour ago, Jeanne said: Nope....but I am sure he can do that now....I wish he could convince me of many things...! He died 20 years ago in January and that picture only lacked the salt and pepper hair. 😋 Oh, sorry. I know a little about loneliness and did not mean to twist a knife.
JLHPROF Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 On 12/26/2018 at 11:22 PM, Tacenda said: A very white Jesus. We have no idea what Jesus looked like. Given his biological paternity assumption of a 100% match to the culture seems an overstep.
Jeanne Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 4 hours ago, Tacenda said: Handsome guy Jeanne, I'm sure January is so difficult for you. 😿 Lost my Dad last year 3 days before Christmas...my sister died on New Year's Day....last January my big brother died....you know what/??? I try to skip the mundane and regular joy of the holidays and just try to make joy the rest of the year...This family is a hard luck family for holidays. I am okay...thank you, friend.
Jeanne Posted December 30, 2018 Posted December 30, 2018 3 hours ago, The Nehor said: Oh, sorry. I know a little about loneliness and did not mean to twist a knife. No worries....the thing is...the picture was like a hug...Happy New Year Nehor!!
Tacenda Posted December 31, 2018 Posted December 31, 2018 5 hours ago, Jeanne said: No worries....the thing is...the picture was like a hug...Happy New Year Nehor!! Awesome, maybe a sign?
Calm Posted December 31, 2018 Posted December 31, 2018 9 hours ago, JLHPROF said: We have no idea what Jesus looked like. Given his biological paternity assumption of a 100% match to the culture seems an overstep. But there was apparently nothing remarkable about his appearance to cause him to stand out, iirc. 1
Recommended Posts