Repentance & physical healing

Been thinking a lot about the Saviors ministry. Often before He would physically heal people, He would tell them their sins were forgiven.

is there a connection between repenting and physical healing?

i wonder because I have a chronic skin condition. Been doing all sorts of treatments and nothing was helping. Recently I’ve been working to repent of a few things and I’ve noticed that my skin has been clearing up. I haven’t changed medicines or been eating differently or changed anything else that’s noticeable other than repentance. 

So naturally I’m wondering if there is any correlation. Anyone else have experiences like this?

1 hour ago, Avatar4321 said:

Been thinking a lot about the Saviors ministry. Often before He would physically heal people, He would tell them their sins were forgiven.

i wonder because I have a chronic skin condition. Been doing all sorts of treatments and nothing was helping. Recently I’ve been working to repent of a few things and I’ve noticed that my skin has been clearing up. I haven’t changed medicines or been eating differently or changed anything else that’s noticeable other than repentance. 

So naturally I’m wondering if there is any correlation. Anyone else have experiences like this?

Repentance can lead to less stess in ones life.

Stress can be physically harmful to our bodies.

So one of the side effects of repentance could be that our bodies become better able to care for itself.

Edited by ksfisher
20 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

If your question proposed is whether or not there is an eternal law that states that if we are forgiven of our sins and healing, then I think the answer is no. It does not work in the same manner for all individuals. Illness, afflictions, and all things similar are simply a part of this world. In a real sense, they are our earthly teachers as they often compel us to humility and follow after the Savior. 

I am not saying that having our sins forgiven does not at times follow with physical healing; I am saying that it is the exception rather than the rule. 

10 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

If your question proposed is whether or not there is an eternal law that states that if we are forgiven of our sins and healing, then I think the answer is no. It does not work in the same manner for all individuals. Illness, afflictions, and all things similar are simply a part of this world. In a real sense, they are our earthly teachers as they often compel us to humility and follow after the Savior.

Which is kind of strange because Jesus was never ill (as far as we know), so we can't relate to Him as far as this aspect of our nature is concerned. 🤔

8 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Which is kind of strange because Jesus was never ill (as far as we know), so we can't relate to Him as far as this aspect of our nature is concerned. 🤔

I would say bleeding from every pore and dying on a cross would suffice to say that he knows our pains. In fact, it is said that he descended below anything that humans will ever know in pain and suffering. 

On 11/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, Avatar4321 said:

Yes.  Oddly enough mine is also a skin condition--it is rough when I'm not doing well with choices in a particular area in life.  It is smooth when I am doing better.

I don't consider there to BE a difference between spirit and matter.  It's all energy.  Or it's all matter--whatever word you best like.  I say energy.  Your BODY (which traditionally would include spirit, physical, mental, etc, but I don't make those divisions any more, it's simply all body), your BODY is in a total energy state based on all of the things you are doing to keep your energy state healthy or to damage your healthy state.

Also, I don't know if you've heard of books like Feelings Never Die that connect very specific weakness to specific organs etc.  Also I think traditional medicine theories (such as Chinese, etc) would do the same.

Similarly, I have had distressing dreams over and over and over until I took care of things.

I also have a vice versa--when I stopped drinking cola products, a certain temptation went away.  When I eat my greens, a lot of weakness goes away and I am able to do the good I desire instead of being weak in the flesh.  All of our obedience, actions, work, choices are done IN THE BODY, so we must prepare our body to be a clean, clear, energetic system that can be good and eventually sanctified.

I have even toyed with the idea that the Holy Ghost may be our own selves--becoming holy through the processes of the gospel.  The BODY is definitely a part of that process--translation, resurrection, etc.