Jump to content

Can I ask for some prayer please


rodheadlee

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

The Palmer fire in Beaumont is right across the street from my mom's house. We are here with her and they haven't told us to evacuate yet. We are packing the car with medicine cat food and supplies just in case. Thank you all.

Be safe. What a tough situation.

Link to comment

Quickly out of control fire here in the Columbia Gorge, with an estimated 150 hikers trapped. Just watched a live rescue of one hiker by helicopter. Not in any danger where I am, but the smoke is heavy, affecting breathing and eyes.

Glad you and your family are safe.

Link to comment

Will pray you continue to be safe... my heart is aching for the victims of Harvey... it's almost overwhelming to watch the news... bless you, Patti, and your mom...

GG

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

Will pray you continue to be safe... my heart is aching for the victims of Harvey... it's almost overwhelming to watch the news... bless you, Patti, and your mom...

GG

Thank you all for your prayers. We are safe this morning.

Link to comment

It's been a long day. We have to evacuate no we don't have to evacuate we have to evacuate no we don't have to evacuate. Well anyway they got the fire out finally. It was touch and go there for a while I really do appreciate your prayers. This area has a lot of 5 acre to 200-acre rancho's ranchettes or whatever you want to call them. Some have horses, some have sheep and goats. It's really sad to listen to them cry when the fire is Raging. Our 5 acres is planted with mellons. Everyone appears to be safe now and it's a miracle the houses across the way did not burn up.

Edited by rodheadlee
Link to comment
On September 3, 2017 at 6:09 PM, rodheadlee said:

It's been a long day. We have to evacuate no we don't have to evacuate we have to evacuate no we don't have to evacuate. Well anyway they got the fire out finally. It was touch and go there for a while I really do appreciate your prayers. This area has a lot of 5 acre to 200-acre rancho's ranchettes or whatever you want to call them. Some have horses, some have sheep and goats. It's really sad to listen to them cry when the fire is Raging. Our 5 acres is planted with mellons. Everyone appears to be safe now and it's a miracle the houses across the way did not burn up.

I am beginning to understand more fully how stressful this has been for you.  The Eagle Creek fire evacuations are getting closer and closer and I am beginning to freak out.  And to think some areas go through this almost every year!

Link to comment
On 9/5/2017 at 0:38 PM, Raingirl said:

I am beginning to understand more fully how stressful this has been for you.  The Eagle Creek fire evacuations are getting closer and closer and I am beginning to freak out.  And to think some areas go through this almost every year!

The evacuation zones came right up to Mom's property on the east and on the north. It was like the hand of God stopped it at mom's place. Thank you all for your prayers.

Link to comment
On 9/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, Raingirl said:

Quickly out of control fire here in the Columbia Gorge, with an estimated 150 hikers trapped. Just watched a live rescue of one hiker by helicopter. Not in any danger where I am, but the smoke is heavy, affecting breathing and eyes.

Glad you and your family are safe.

Raingirl...  here on the coast we have an overcast, foggy morning... then I realized that I was smelling smoke mixed in with the fog... so the drift has carried the smoke the distance to the coast...

Rod... my prayers continue for you and your family...

I was evacuated only once... several years ago the fire trucks came down my street about midnight with their siren/horn whooping, and loudspeaker advising us to evacuate to high ground because of the approaching tsunami (because of earthquake in southeast Asia)... we had been warned earlier to prepare, so I quickly gathered my 72-hour kit, my Bob in his carrier, and was out the door where I drove the short distance to a designated area in the hills... there was a sense of commaraderie, cooperation, and caring among those of us gathered, much like the Spirit we witnessed in Houston...  fortunately for us, the tsunami was about only as high as our regular waves during high tide storms (8 - 10+ ft).  We returned to our homes several hours later...

GG

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...