Seriously No Politics ×

Just Wanted To Say...

This reminds me of when it was said by younger people that you couldn't trust anyone over 30!!  I believe most of them are now over 30... did they suddenly become untrustworthy?

Well, most of you know... I'm well past 50... in fact will be 75 in Dec... and not too long ago I said I shouted it from the rooftops and wear it like a badge of courage.

Nevertheless, I welcome Val's expression... the young whipper-snapper....

from the beach on a crisp, overcast wintry-looking day... the leaves all but gone from some of the trees... and that gives me a sense of wistfulness as another season, and year, comes to an end for me...

GG

This reminds me of when it was said by younger people that you couldn't trust anyone over 30!!  I believe most of them are now over 30... did they suddenly become untrustworthy?

Well, most of you know... I'm well past 50... in fact will be 75 in Dec... and not too long ago I said I shouted it from the rooftops and wear it like a badge of courage.

from the beach on a crisp, overcast wintry-looking day... the leaves all but gone from some of the trees... and that gives me a sense of wistfulness as another season, and year, comes to an end for me...

GG

I'm a December baby too GG! 

I'm 47. In the last decade about a 1/3 of my friends have been over 75. I used to go to movies and shopping with my legally blind 80 something friend. Her doctor told her that she needed to quit riding her scooter/scateboard when she crashed. She did take it easier, but didn't stop. Now I really don't think of anyone as old unless they seem old.

GG

And I love you completely...BYU warts and all.

That I love all of our geriatric friends here and by that I mean anyone older th 50. And yes the goal posts will move as I, myself, continue to age.

You're welcome and thank you.

Well I am so glad my 58 years has gained me your approval.:)

... from the beach on a crisp, overcast wintry-looking day... the leaves all but gone from some of the trees... and that gives me a sense of wistfulness as another season, and year, comes to an end for me...

GG

Ah, but, My Dear, we believe in "An High Priest of Good Things to Come" (see Hebrews 9:11, and also here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1999/10/an-high-priest-of-good-things-to-come?lang=eng). :)

Edited by Kenngo1969

Ah, but, My Dear, we believe in "An High Priest of Good Things to Come" (see Hebrews 9:11, and also here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1999/10/an-high-priest-of-good-things-to-come?lang=eng). :)

Kenn...

Thank you so much for that beautiful link... it brought tears of peace and comfort as I think, and give thanks, for such a wonderful message... I do believe... and look forward in peace...

GG