Seriously No Politics ×

Why Would I Be Banned From A Thread I Started?

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by starting this thread so please forgive me if I am, but I started the thread "Is it possible to truly repent" and I have been locked out of it since shortly after posting it. I was able to make a few replies but I cannot even view the thread now. I get an error that says I am banned form the thread. I have no idea why. I am not banned form the Forum and I can read and post to any other thread but that one. I sent an email to admin yesterday but haven't heard from anyone and I don't know how to contact a Mod. Can anyone tell me how to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure? I don't see the padlock on the thread, and I CAN view it if I log out. I just can't view it if I log in. I get an error that says you are banned from this thread, you cannot read it.

I haven't been able to view it while logged in since yesterday afternoon but people have been posting to it even today so it's only affecting me. Will someone post a test msg to that thread please and see if it's still working?

I would imagine it's because you broke one of the board rules.  I don't see that the entire thread is locked.

Aren't you given some sort of a warning or perhaps an email informing you what you have done?

And why would I just be locked out of "one" thread... the one I started?

Other members who are banned have the word "banned" displayed under their avatar. I don't seem to be limited from doing anything but viewing and replying to that ONE thread.

I'm baffled.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by starting this thread so please forgive me if I am, but I started the thread "Is it possible to truly repent" and I have been locked out of it since shortly after posting it. I was able to make a few replies but I cannot even view the thread now. I get an error that says I am banned form the thread. I have no idea why. I am not banned form the Forum and I can read and post to any other thread but that one. I sent an email to admin yesterday but haven't heard from anyone and I don't know how to contact a Mod. Can anyone tell me how to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Uh, you might actually READ the rules for yourself.

A strange notion I know, but when all else fails- and yes this thread probably breaks them

It might be an error or glitch. Normally the mods will leave a red text comment in the comment that caused the exclusion when they ban someone from a thread.

There's no mod comment anywhere in your thread.

If it's a genuine ban then I would guess it's because you asked very direct questions about the sincerity and completeness of bluebell's repentance and worthiness. That's normally seen as a taboo.

It might be an error or glitch. Normally the mods will leave a red text comment in the comment that caused the exclusion when they ban someone from a thread.

There's no mod comment anywhere in your thread.

If it's a genuine ban then I would guess it's because you asked very direct questions about the sincerity and completeness of bluebell's repentance and worthiness. That's normally seen as a taboo.

Nothing of the sort was intended. The question was phrased not as an attack on Bluebell and not directed at him personally, it was phrased within the context of the Scriptures that say in order for one to truly repent, one must forsake all sin. Bleubell intimated that he had repented, so the logical question is, if that's true, then have you forsaken all sin and denied yourself of all ungodliness? It was a rhetorical question, one intended for bluebell to answer himself. I wasn't badgering him.

You should get a message that you're banned from that thread when you click on it and try to view it (if you're logged in). The mods don't notify you or give you a reason. Read the rules and you'll probably figure out if you were banned or if it's glitch in your system.

What you are experiencing is the norm for a thread ban. The Mods cannot discern ' intent ' and must judge based on only the words. I concur with canard78 on a possible reason. Also, starting this thread is a possible no no as well.

But "I'm" the only one who is banned from the thread, and I'm only banned from that thread. Is that normal?

Everyone seems to have a guess. With all due respect, can someone please comment who actually knows? Or can tell me how to contact a mod who will respond? I've tried admin and one mod with no reply.

You should get a message that you're banned from that thread when you click on it and try to view it (if you're logged in). The mods don't notify you or give you a reason. Read the rules and you'll probably figure out if you were banned or if it's glitch in your system.

Yes, when I click on that thread while logged in, I get a message that says Oops! you are banned from that thread. You cannot read it.

I can't even READ it while logged in. Everyone else can read it. That seems like a glitch.

So I'm on my own to figure out if there is a glitch or if I've broken a rule and then try to figure out which one? Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Nothing of the sort was intended. The question was phrased not as an attack on Bluebell and not directed at him personally, it was phrased within the context of the Scriptures that say in order for one to truly repent, one must forsake all sin. Bleubell intimated that he had repented, so the logical question is, if that's true, then have you forsaken all sin and denied yourself of all ungodliness? It was a rhetorical question, one intended for bluebell to answer himself. I wasn't badgering him.

She, Bluebell is a woman.

But "I'm" the only one who is banned from the thread, and I'm only banned from that thread. Is that normal?

Yes

Everyone seems to have a guess. With all due respect, can someone please comment who actually knows? Or can tell me how to contact a mod who will respond? I've tried admin and one mod with no reply.

The decision of the judges is final. It is rare that a reason is given. Best not to expect one.

One other thing, as this is a discussion board , posting a 10 minute essay makes discussion harder. But as you want someone to answer who actually knows, I will butt out.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe it's because of that annoying screen name you picked for yourself.

Yes, when I click on that thread while logged in, I get a message that says Oops! you are banned from that thread.

Then you're banned from the thread. Take your punishment like a big boy (or girl).

The mods must have seen you break a board rule or you were reported by another member on here.

Edited by JulieM

I just added a post to the thread. I did not see any post where  BLAHBLAHBLAH was warned. It just may be a glitch. Maybe a mod will reply to you on this soon.

Glenn

Thank you for post, and the encouraging words Glenn.

Thank you Rodheadlee and strapinglad.

Bluebell, if you should read this, I apologize for assuning you are man.

Thank you for post, and the encouraging words Glenn.

Thank you Rodheadlee and strapinglad.

Bluebell, if you should read this, I apologize for assuning you are man.

If you were banned from the thread, it may have been for being argumentative to the point of annoyance and willfully spinning basic LDS teachings on repentance in an insincere effort to paint them in a bad light.

It's been a while since I read the rules, so that may or may not have violated them.

Or it may have just been an accident.

Thanks in advance.

Might be due to your overly personal tone in your post #5 in that thread,

Not to sound arrogant or sarcastic, but have "you" truly repented Bluebell? Have you forsaken ALL Sin, denying yourself of ALL ungodliness?

Your post #15 does not appear to be problematic.

Maybe you should remain more theoretical in tone.

By the way, your OP in that thread was excellent.  Shows a lot of effort, and it is informative.

If you were banned from the thread, it may have been for being argumentative to the point of annoyance and willfully spinning basic LDS teachings on repentance in an insincere effort to paint them in a bad light.

It's been a while since I read the rules, so that may or may not have violated them.

Or it may have just been an accident.

Thanks cinepro

But I merely posted LDS Scriptures and talks exclusively and I did not even offer my own spin on them. I don't need to because I believe they say exactly what they mean with no real interpretation necessary.

I've repeatedly said it "looks" to me like it's impossible and I'm just asking for others thoughts. The board guidelines say: "People of all faiths are welcome to engage in gentlemanly discussion about topics related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

I haven't done anything more than this, and I have attempted to treat others with as much respect as they have granted me.

If someone attempts to make a point which overlooks something that was said either in those Scriptures or talks, and I refer back to a point made by those Scriptures or talks, as I did with Bluebell when I asked... have you truly repented? I said that because the Scriptuers and talks teach specifically that one must truly repent first, and if someone overlooks that fact in their reply and I point that out, as I was attempting to do with Bluebell, my intention is not to question their personal faith, the question was meant to be rhetorical... one that doesn't require an answer and pointed back to the Scriptures and talks. I didn't press Bluebell for an answer. I was attempting to point out a requirement that was the entire focus of those Scriptures and talks, and which I felt Bluebell had overlooked.

Might be due to your overly personal tone in your post #5 in that thread,

Not to sound arrogant or sarcastic, but have "you" truly repented Bluebell? Have you forsaken ALL Sin, denying yourself of ALL ungodliness?

Your post #15 does not appear to be problematic.

Maybe you should remain more theoretical in tone.

By the way, your OP in that thread was excellent.  Shows a lot of effort, and it is informative.

Thanks for your thoughts Robert. And the compliment. I give all the credit to that terriffic search engine at lds.org. Alma 34:32 caught my eye once in a discussion with a Mormon on another forum a few years ago and I've picked up bits and pieces in the course of studying the difference between our eschatologies. I didn't set out to find what I did but to me it's shocking. Sorry for the dissertation, but I did that to make the point that they all say exactly the same thing and there are so many that so it's hard to misinterpret what the intended meaning is. I think some ideas are a bit convoluted the way it's worded but if one thinks through it just a little the meaning is clear. IMO anyway. 

I know it's a bit controversial but I thought I would toss it out there and see what came back.

Edited by BlahBlahBlah