David Liepert, “Muslims Predict Jesus Will Defeat ISIS, Beginning in 2015,” Huffington Post, Feb 24, 2015, online at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-david-liepert/muslims-predict-jesus-def_b_6725486.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 ,

Is there anything about these orthodox Muslim prophecies of the return of Jesus and his defeat of ISIS that jibes with Mormonism and the Bible?

Could the end come as early as 2022?

David Liepert, “Muslims Predict Jesus Will Defeat ISIS, Beginning in 2015,” Huffington Post, Feb 24, 2015, online at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-david-liepert/muslims-predict-jesus-def_b_6725486.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 ,

Is there anything about these orthodox Muslim prophecies of the return of Jesus and his defeat of ISIS that jibes with Mormonism and the Bible?

I am a bit confused by the article's claim that orthodox Islamic web sites are predicting the end of times.  The fact of attempting to predict the return of Jesus is haram in Islam because the Qur'an clearly states no man will know the time of his return.  

There are some interesting prophesies that have been realized.  The one that I found most interesting is that sheep herders will compete with one another in building the tallest buildings.  Dubai has the tallest building in the world at present and Saudia Arabia is seeking to take that position with a new building in Jedda with another building in Dubai being planned to retake the lead.  

There are some similarities in a few of the prophesies of end of days, but I don't recall many between Islam and Christianity and/or Mormonism.  

Islam is still waiting for the battle in Jerusalem where 70,000 Jews are destroyed by an Islamic army lead by Jesus.  When Muslims start congregating in Syria is the point where they believe he will return; Syria is where Jesus will come first.  

I am a bit confused by the article's claim that orthodox Islamic web sites are predicting the end of times.  The fact of attempting to predict the return of Jesus is haram in Islam because the Qur'an clearly states no man will know the time of his return.  

The NT says the same thing, but that hasn't stopped some Christian sects from declaring the time of his return.

What is often surprising to Christians is the Muslim belief that Jesus was a very important figure, even if not the actual son of God.  That his return is so significant may also be a surprise to Christians.

Note also that Muslims are predicting the arrival of the virtual Anti-Christ.

At best, Muslim "prophecies" would lead Muslims to want to "fulfill" them, which would factor in to the timing of Armageddon.  So, they could be clues as to the timing of things, but not because they are real prophecies, but rather, because they figure in to all the causes that have effects.

It is significant to me that the Church's official doctrine is that we are in a late stage of the Latter Days, since it is the time of the hastening.  The era prior to late 2012 before the "Mormon Moment" was the pre-hastening stage of the Latter Days.  Unfortunately, the "hastening" stage doesn't help us with timing either, because the pre-hastening stage lasted from 1830 until 2012.  How long will the hastening stage last if it took this long for it to accelerate to a hastening pace?  And what precisely is it that has to be accomplished for things to be considered "done" for us to move on to a tribulation stage?  How much of the missionary effort has to be completed in the hastening stage for it to be considered "enough" until stuff starts really hitting the fan?  That is the biggest question I have.  Am I living in the real end times, or just another stage that is going to extend beyond my death in perhaps the 2060's or 2070's if I live to be 90 or 100 years old, assuming I live that long?

At best, Muslim "prophecies" would lead Muslims to want to "fulfill" them, which would factor in to the timing of Armageddon.  So, they could be clues as to the timing of things, but not because they are real prophecies, but rather, because they figure in to all the causes that have effects.

It is significant to me that the Church's official doctrine is that we are in a late stage of the Latter Days, since it is the time of the hastening.  The era prior to late 2012 before the "Mormon Moment" was the pre-hastening stage of the Latter Days.  Unfortunately, the "hastening" stage doesn't help us with timing either, because the pre-hastening stage lasted from 1830 until 2012.  How long will the hastening stage last if it took this long for it to accelerate to a hastening pace?  And what precisely is it that has to be accomplished for things to be considered "done" for us to move on to a tribulation stage?  How much of the missionary effort has to be completed in the hastening stage for it to be considered "enough" until stuff starts really hitting the fan?  That is the biggest question I have.  Am I living in the real end times, or just another stage that is going to extend beyond my death in perhaps the 2060's or 2070's if I live to be 90 or 100 years old, assuming I live that long?

Are you sure "the hastening" isn't just a catchy phrase used to describe a new policy picked up from a comment made in a press conference?

He was supposed to return in 2012 in September, the date I calculated for his return. It appears he is delaying to prove the LDS church true by operating on Mormon Standard Time. So, since we are operating in periods of millenia he should be set to return in another century or so.

Of course not...no one knows but God the Father. Not ever Christ knows.

Archived