When You Need A Break

EllenMaksoud

Lately my household has been chaotic. My gf uncle died we had to attend the funeral where her aunt is a nasty manipulative lady who jas already cleaned out the uncles bedroom of anything of any value.

To top that off my gf mother has the start of dementia and is on dialysis for kidneys. And we have another good friend who had some of his bladder removed Also last year i was engaged in a battle with some people in regards to my faith that had been going on cor 3 years, im talking harrasment, secret dossiers, slaming my name in youtube posts.And tossvin a littke famiky drama as obe of 9 siblings there is always some drama.. So it is quite stressful

Thankfully we are leaving in a week and a half for 3 months to the USA. So they woll be a good brewk.

Usually I like to sit on the front porch with notepad and paper and wrote my stories as I am an independent author.

Have a nice cold bottle of coke and listen to my favorite music from the 60's

Edited by PtolemyGlenn

So, what do you do when you just need a break, feel overwhelmed, getting crazy, want to run away?

How about going off line? How about going inactive?  How about going shooting. Perhaps getting really drunk?

I go for a walk around the temple (SLC Temple square being first choice) and find a place to sit and pray.  Makes all this mortal nonsense seem a waste of time and worry since we will soon be on to something far more pleasant.

Lately my household has been chaotic. My gf uncle died we had to attend the funeral where her aunt is a nasty manipulative lady who jas already cleaned out the uncles bedroom of anything of any value.

To top that off my gf mother has the start of dementia and is on dialysis for kidneys. And we have another good friend who had some of his bladder removed Also last year i was engaged in a battle with some people in regards to my faith that had been going on cor 3 years, im talking harrasment, secret dossiers, slaming my name in youtube posts.And tossvin a littke famiky drama as obe of 9 siblings there is always some drama.. So it is quite stressful

Thankfully we are leaving in a week and a half for 3 months to the USA. So they woll be a good brewk.

Usually I like to sit on the front porch with notepad and paper and wrote my stories as I am an independent author.

Have a nice cold bottle of coke and listen to my favorite music from the 60's

Wow, I have been writing Feminist Science Fiction since the mid 90's and am just starting to put together stories for publication. Yes, running away is good. :)

I go for a walk around the temple (SLC Temple square being first choice) and find a place to sit and pray.  Makes all this mortal nonsense seem a waste of time and worry since we will soon be on to something far more pleasant.

LOL, I go out to the Portland Temple for a walk and a good pray. They know me pretty well. :)

So, what do you do when you just need a break, feel overwhelmed, getting crazy, want to run away?

How about going off line? How about going inactive?  How about going shooting. Perhaps getting really drunk?

"If Ye will save your lift, lose it in the service of others". Usually feeling overwhelmed comes from trying to process to much information without the requisite time needed to digest. Or trying to run before you can walk. My advice of the three you asked about...drinking means you will just sober later with the same problems. Going inactive can mean separating yourself from those that can teach and assist. Going "off-line"...this is the Internet not Church. If you must do one of the three...go off line.

"If Ye will save your lift, lose it in the service of others". Usually feeling overwhelmed comes from trying to process to much information without the requisite time needed to digest. Or trying to run before you can walk. My advice of the three you asked about...drinking means you will just sober later with the same problems. Going inactive can mean separating yourself from those that can teach and assist. Going "off-line"...this is the Internet not Church. If you must do one of the three...go off line.

Well, actually, the drinking I have never done, just a wild brain storming idea. Perhaps I am just doing too much, and after the 27th I am standing down for a while.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be still, and know that I am God.

If thou art called to pass through atribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in bperils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

If thou art aaccused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to bprison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like cwolves for the blood of the lamb;

And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee eexperience, and shall be for thy good.

The aSon of Man hath bdescended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

You will get more and more to places where the quiet comfort things you study will come into your mind to calm your heart and steady your foundation.  These are the ones that popped into my head when I read your words.

Edited by rpn

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be still, and know that I am God.

If thou art called to pass through atribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in bperils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

If thou art aaccused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to bprison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like cwolves for the blood of the lamb;

And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee eexperience, and shall be for thy good.

The aSon of Man hath bdescended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

You will get more and more to places where the quiet comfort things you study will come into your mind to calm your heart and steady your foundation.  These are the ones that popped into my head when I read your words.

Thank you.

Hi EllenMaksound,

I am not aware of your circumstances, but I know that your Heavenly Father does.  You can be honest with Him and let Him know when you are tired and weak...He already knows!  He will give you strength and all that you need.  We just need to ask and invite Him into our lives, more and more.  I think too often we can do things in our own strength, which is never enough. I have been there countless times.  

While the board is a great place for encouragement, to learn and share, I would also encourage you to reach out to those in your ward.  Is there anyone in your Church that you feel connected with and feel that you can trust your feelings with?  Do you have a mentor?  I'll be praying for you :)  I have included a song that has ministered to me when I have been at the end of my rope.

Blessings!

Let all who are weak, All who are weary
Come to the Rock, Come to the Fountain
All who have sailed  On the rivers of heartache
Come to the see, Come on, be set free!

If You lead me Lord, I will follow
Where You lead me Lord,
I will Go, Come and heal me Lord,
I will follow, Where You lead me Lord,
I will go, I will go

Let all who are weak
All who are weary
Come to the Rock
Come to the Fountain
Let all who have climbed,
The mountains of heartbreak
Reach to the sky
Come on, and give your life

If You lead me Lord,
I will follow
Where You lead me Lord,
I will Go
Come and heal me Lord,
I will follow
Where You lead me Lord,
I will go
I will go

Heal me.
Heal me.
All who are weak
All who are weary
All who are tired
All who are thirsty
All who have failed
All who are broken

I get in my truck...drive fast with the windows down and the music UP!

Oh...if it,is a straightaway, I add "air guitar" (and drums) and put to shame all young guitar guitar all the young have for me, and the older people (57, this year!!!! ).

I do think that there is an art to living in a balanced manner.  As children of our Father in Heaven I think part of the process is learning not to run faster than we are able and yet be accepting of ourselves in our acknowledged weakness. 

There are all kinds of stress relievers available to us in this life; some of them come with negative consequences.  One of the great restorative experiences for me is visiting my cousin on her tree farm.  She can always tell when things are a little out of whack, we all take a walk by the river, eat a good lunch and then she puts on come Northwest Indian music that calms the soul.  I kick back and drift off to sleep for an hour and wake up a new man.  Nature always restores me; music is another.  

I always appreciate your threads, Sister K