Elder Holland Is Super Fantastic!

Gillebre

I agree, his talk was the talk of the town with those that are struggling. I was grateful for the love he showed. Love, love the part where he gave the 14 yr. old boy a big hug for having integrity to share his not so firm testimony. And his message to not give up however small our faith is but use whatever faith we have and build on it or even talk about our doubts to someone and it's ok to have them.

I agree, his talk was the talk of the town with those that are struggling. I was grateful for the love he showed. Love, love the part where he gave the 14 yr. old boy a big hug for having integrity to share his not so firm testimony. And his message to not give up however small our faith is but use whatever faith we have and build on it or even talk about our doubts to someone and it's ok to have them.

I loved that story as well. His message to "lead with faith, not doubt"--which he likened to trying to "stuff a turkey through the beak"--was particularly timely. Do you ever feel your doubts might be "leading" you, rather than the other way round?

I loved that story as well. His message to "lead with faith, not doubt"--which he likened to trying to "stuff a turkey through the beak"--was particularly timely. Do you ever feel your doubts might be "leading" you, rather than the other way round?

Yes, all the time and I just remembered a lesson at a church meeting I attended about the barnacles on the bottom of a boat, that's all I remember, but maybe I can liken it to having barnacles of doubt and I can't get rid of them or it's a slow process.

He spoke at our Stake not too long ago. All the sessions were super good, priesthood leadership, Saturday night adult, and the main Sunday session and had a private youth only Q&A afterwards. His talk today at the end of GC was a super condensed version of what he said to us; about how God likes broken things etc. His way with the Spirit is definitely that of a healer. I still feel energized months after he spoke to us.

I apologize! I just posted about Elder Holland's talk as well.

don't worry. this post is not necessarily a discussion of the content of his talk as much as how amazing he is in general, and how Satan would react if he were able to sleep. :)

you're other thread is well needed. :)