Seriously No Politics ×

Mexico Now Has A Mtc, That Was Originally A Lds Owned High School

Tacenda

Mexico City has had an MTC for some time. It was located next to the Temple. There is no indication from the article whether this will replace the old one or will be in addition. In a way it is sad that the Benemerito will be phased out. It was recognized by the Government and allowed LDS students to become certified teachers in Mexico.

Larry P

With the influx of missionaries...the church is finding ways to combat it now with this new MTC in Mexico.

I have it on good authority (assuming it hasn't been noised abroad elsewhere such as the Church News) that we are planning to open more than 50 new missions by July to accommodate 100,000 missionaries total. The expectation is that we will be able to sustain 100,000 for the foreseeable future.

I have it on good authority (assuming it hasn't been noised abroad elsewhere such as the Church News) that we are planning to open more than 50 new missions by July to accommodate 100,000 missionaries total. The expectation is that we will be able to sustain 100,000 for the foreseeable future.

100,000 missionaries? That is a bold plan. I can see it happening though.

100,000 missionaries? That is a bold plan. I can see it happening though.

It's amazing what a couple of years difference in missionary age has done in creating such a huge surge of incoming missionaries. Pres. Monson's announcement/revelation will be far reaching and it will be his "standout moment" on his service as prophet/president.

It's amazing what a couple of years difference in missionary age has done in creating such a huge surge of incoming missionaries. Pres. Monson's announcement/revelation will be far reaching and it will be his "standout moment" on his service as prophet/president.

Oh, I don't know about that. There are some amazing things coming.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23905823&nid=1016&title=lds-church-owned-high-school-in-mexico-will-become-new-mtc&s_cid=queue-12

With the influx of missionaries...the church is finding ways to accomodate it now with this new MTC in Mexico.

With crime rate in Mexico City, I would not even send missionaries into many areas of Mexico.

Archived