Seriously No Politics ×

Board Software Acting Oddly

Earlier today I was finding that the board software wanted to either freak out completely, or present the minimal-UI version. Now I have noticed that external links are malfunctioning.

Normally, all links to external content open up a new tab or window on the link. At the moment, however, the software is both opening a new tab on the external content, and sends the current window to the same place.

Can someone please fix this?

Earlier today I was finding that the board software wanted to either freak out completely, or present the minimal-UI version. Now I have noticed that external links are malfunctioning.

Normally, all links to external content open up a new tab or window on the link. At the moment, however, the software is both opening a new tab on the external content, and sends the current window to the same place.

Several times last night, when I tried opening a thread, the site would insist that I didn't have permission to access the site or to view the file.

Are you using ie9? This doesn't sound like a board issue at first glance can you please give more details.

Nemesis

Several times last night, when I tried opening a thread, the site would insist that I didn't have permission to access the site or to view the file.

When the board is under attack that's what happens it cuts off connections. I will look into it again to see if I can adjust some more settings. No control over that you can thank a certain board for making us a constant target.

Nemesis

When the board is under attack that's what happens it cuts off connections. I will look into it again to see if I can adjust some more settings. No control over that you can thank a certain board for making us a constant target.

Nemesis

For a site such as this, this could have a dual meaning. We are always under attack elsewhere.

Nemesis

Wait, didn't they say shutting down a board, even for criminal activity, is a bad thing to do?

Wait, didn't they say shutting down a board, even for criminal activity, is a bad thing to do?

Well technically "they" are not really involved but "one" frequents a group that specializes in these types of attacks.

Nemesis

Are you using ie9? This doesn't sound like a board issue at first glance can you please give more details.

Nemesis

I am using IE9, in fact.

Nemesis

I checked and at the moment the links are working as expected. Yesterday, at least for me (I'm always exceptional), when I clicked on a link inside a post I was taken to a new tab in IE, but in very odd behavior, the original window hosting the board I was taken to the link in that tab as well. Very odd.

But as I say, it appears to be acting normal now.

I've been getting this off and on since the last board update. I sent a PM to mods but never heard back. I get a page that says "Forbidden" or another page that says the site is down and gives me an option to log in if I am an administrator.

If I refresh 3 or 4 times, I can usually get on.

Edited by mercyngrace

I checked and at the moment the links are working as expected. Yesterday, at least for me (I'm always exceptional), when I clicked on a link inside a post I was taken to a new tab in IE, but in very odd behavior, the original window hosting the board I was taken to the link in that tab as well. Very odd.

But as I say, it appears to be acting normal now.

Okay, that was happening to me, too. I'm also using IE9. Let me see if it's working for me today...

edit: This is still glitchy for me. Is it my browser?

Edited by mercyngrace

Okay, that was happening to me, too. I'm also using IE9. Let me see if it's working for me today...

edit: This is still glitchy for me. Is it my browser?

Yes its your browser. I just installed a patch that might help fix the issues with ie9.

Nemesis

Yes its your browser. I just installed a patch that might help fix the issues with ie9.

Nemesis

Thanks - I just clicked a link and it opened the link in a separate tab while keeping the board open in the first tab. Perfect.

Edited by mercyngrace

I was having those same problems on Firefox 4, so I switched to Chrome for a few days. Things are looking better on Firefox again.

Clear your cache and cookies if you are still having the problem. Also I made a few tweaks to the server so hopefully the forbidden messages are less frequent.

Nemesis

It's doing the double-linking again, darnit. I'll try FF and see if that makes a difference.

It's acting very bizarre for me it won't let me delete my profile or change my username, and when I try to ask for my account to be removed I get a notice telling me it'll be ignored and I need to grow up. This ushers in the Spirit which confirms to my soul this is true, thus I participate and may the Lord make weak things strong.

I'm sure new problems are the last thing you fellas want to deal with, but every now and again over the past 2 days, I might get a 502-Bad Gateway error when I come to the page. A quick refresh gets rid of it, but it does come.

This has to do with the ddos attacks that originated from a disgruntled poster at mormondiscussion that is a suspected channer. For years we haven't had any issues till he started posting obvious clues and innuendo he has connections to the group attacking us. We have had to apply a few layers of protection that helps out on the problem but good traffic sometimes gets caught up in it but can easily be refreshed out of.

Nemesis