-
Posts
13,116 -
Joined
Everything posted by Kenngo1969
-
And a hearty "Amen!" to that. While I am aware, acutely, that mere words are no salve for current pain, because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (and His Resurrection), we can hold out hope for a joyous reunion in a realm to come. Since my own father's passing, increasingly, my thoughts have turned to what it must be like on the other side. I like to think there is a rather sizeable contingent cheering us on. And which is more, since we don't know what those who are of a different generation were like when they were young, it will be like meeting people we've long known ... but for the first time! May the Lord's choicest blessings rest on you and your family, My Brother.
-
Trademark infringement case against Open Stories Foundation
Kenngo1969 replied to Calm's topic in General Discussions
Remember, as Miracle Max of The Princess Bride fame told us, there's a big difference between "mostly dead" and "all dead." "Mostly dead" is still "slightly alive." With "all dead," there's only one thing you can do: Go through his pockets and look for loose change. This concludes this irrelevant, irreverent interruption. Indeed, apologies for that interruption. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled, on-topic programming, already in progress! -
Trademark infringement case against Open Stories Foundation
Kenngo1969 replied to Calm's topic in General Discussions
From @smac97's link: Au contraire! Use the word "Mormon" all you want, comment "lawfully" all you want, just don't use the word and don't comment in ways that infringe on the Trademarks of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or in ways that are apt to create confusion about whether your views represent, in any way, the positions of the Church of Jesus Christ. At the risk of repeating myself, again, Au contraire! Use the word "Mormon" descriptively all you want, just don't use it in ways that infringe on the Trademarks of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or in ways that are apt to create confusion about whether your views represent, in any way, the positions of the Church of Jesus Christ. -
Trademark infringement case against Open Stories Foundation
Kenngo1969 replied to Calm's topic in General Discussions
then-Judge [and now Justice] Gorsuch was on the three-judge panel that decided the case, too! No wonder it was such a good decision! -
I'm not sure how far along they are in the process, but I agree with @webbles's assessment (though I will hasten to add that that these are my words and not his) that it appears town officials would be perfectly happy to see the plans of the Church of Jesus Christ for a Temple in Fairview to suffer [the equivalent of] "death by a thousand paper cuts." P.S.: Any changes now would need to be approved anew by Fairview's Town Council and/or its Planning and Zoning Board ... Town officials are suffering from "buyer's remorse" over their approval of plans after the Church agreed to a height reduction. Officials don't want further concessions from the Church as much as they want to tie the process up endlessly in endless layers of red tape.
-
Already, construction has started. The horse has left the barn, and is roaming the pasture.
-
Mormons not Christian (according to new military list)
Kenngo1969 replied to Nofear's topic in General Discussions
Honestly, I don't have any idea. I simply know that we [Latter-day Saints] and we [you and I] are not. -
Mormons not Christian (according to new military list)
Kenngo1969 replied to Nofear's topic in General Discussions
Are we [that is, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] Christian? Yesβat least, as Forrest Gump might put it, "Christian is as Christian does." We're Christian as much as we act like Christians. But are we creedal Christians? As much as we might seek common ground, common cause, and, inasmuch as possible, fellowship with our Christian brothers and sisters of other stripes, this might be where we part ways somewhat. -
Benjamin F Johnson, Tongues, and the Church
Kenngo1969 replied to Navidad's topic in General Discussions
@Navidad "Fillerups"? Were they gas station attendants? πππ Cue rimshot! Thanks! You're a great crowd! I'll be here all week! -
The Seed of Abraham - the people of God whom He foreknew
Kenngo1969 replied to telnetd's topic in General Discussions
"Bueller, Bueller." -
The Seed of Abraham - the people of God whom He foreknew
Kenngo1969 replied to telnetd's topic in General Discussions
Let's start with being upfront about what you're quoting here, @telnetd. Where are you getting this information? Frankly, while others' mileage may vary [and likely does vary], in my book, tossing out a random quote, even, or especially, a random quote without attribution, is poor form. For example, "First, wrote Elder McConkie ..." according to whom? Thanks in advance! -
I wonder, at some point, will proceedings [or the work product thereof] be put up on Interpreter's Website? Hope so! π P.S.: Yup! See here [scroll past the photo of the Spencer W. Kimball Tower for news of the proceedings of the "Confernce" ]: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2026/05/yup-the-interpreter-foundation-is-still-clearly-defunct.html
-
I think this is an insightful, valuable contribution to the discussion. I only agree with it 1000%, however. https://latterdaysaintmag.com/an-open-letter-to-the-mayor-of-fairview-texas/
-
I'm pretty confident we'll never kick you out ... As long as you behave yourself!
-
Ditto, that! https://greatgourdini.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/toward-interreligious-oneness/
-
My story is from the Dallas Morning Snooze, regarding the Fairview Temple.
-
Different source, different story.
-
I'm disinclined to defend everything I have interjected here. My foregoing comments were necessary to enable me to post [almost] all of the story. (Reposting something wholesale ist verboten. Reposting it with commentary is Fair Use (see 17 U.S.C. Β§ 107)).
-
I don't think this has been posted yet. Town leaders are eliding the fact that they wish to renege on what was already agreed to. I think they simply want to yank the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around as though it is a bull with a ring in its nose. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/faith/article/fairview-lds-temple-town-leaders-plead-22253478.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email
-
Church Files Lawsuit Against Cody, Wyoming (Zoning/Planning Bd)
Kenngo1969 replied to smac97's topic in General Discussions
Never say die! Onward and upward! They should appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court! I'm sure the Court would take it, and would be more than eager to remedy this manifest miscarriage of justice! -
Church Files Lawsuit Against Cody, Wyoming (Zoning/Planning Bd)
Kenngo1969 replied to smac97's topic in General Discussions
Here's a good synopsis of the decision of the Wyoming Supreme Court regarding the suit by Protect Our Cody Neighborhoods: Source: https://www.casemine.com/commentary/us/wyoming-supreme-court-clarifies-finality-&-voting-standards-for-municipal-planning-decisions/view, last accessed May 9, 2026. -
π π
-
Indeed, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has "specific long-term obligations ... catastrophic risk planning, [and] a major future mission purpose." While, from a certain perspective, I can understand why someone might wonder what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks the Church is doing, those with an eye of faith, perhaps, can see that a bit more clearly.
