Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Tacenda

Contributor
  • Posts

    25,456
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tacenda

  1. I saw this article: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/what-to-know-about-the-archconservative-church-defense-secretary-pete-hegseth-attends
  2. Apologize for my derailing that's one of the reasons I've been put on "limited". About the military list, I looked it up concerning chaplains. I believe a non religious person could be one too. But maybe this has been addressed already. c/p: "The military maintains two primary types of "lists" related to chaplains: the Religious Affiliation Code list and the Chaplain Endorsement list. These lists are used to manage personnel and ensure service members receive appropriate spiritual support. 1. Religious Affiliation (Faith) Codes List The Pentagon uses a list of 31 standardized Religious Affiliation Codes (reduced from over 200) to track the religious demographics within the military. Purpose: It helps the Department of Defense estimate the faith and belief breakdown in the ranks and allows commanders to better equip chaplain teams to meet those spiritual needs. How It Helps You: It ensures that the right mix of chaplains (such as Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, etc.) are available to tend to the spiritual and moral well-being of troops. To serve as a military chaplain, a religious leader cannot simply apply; they must be officially endorsed by a recognized faith group or ecclesiastical endorsing agency. Purpose: The military requires this endorsement to verify that the chaplain is in good standing with their specific denomination and qualified to perform religious rites and ceremonies. The Roster: Each branch of the military maintains its own roster of these endorsed chaplains."
  3. 3Dop aka Rory's quote: "Great! But please dissuade them by all possible means, for the child's sake to avoid naming the next one 3DOP. Hehe." I'm quoting myself because I hadn't really paid as much attention or did and I have ADD. That was hilarious @3DOP!! I don't believe that will happen having that name. Unless there's a rap singer named that. But they'd have to like rap.
  4. Thanks, good to have you back posting!! I fell asleep midway of the podcast I shared, so not too cool maybe.
  5. It just made me think of the polls surveys I used to see from the church. But you're right, and the platform wasn't the same as those polls were. I just thought since AI, who knows?
  6. I listened to this last night, that you may be interested in. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-conversation-with-dr-john-hubbard-mayor-of-fairview-texas/id1682941294?i=1000772546314 It may or may not help you understand if the church were bullies.
  7. Okay, thanks Calm.
  8. Thanks!! Prayers are awesome too!
  9. I do! And most just aren't the same when streamed. I'm a Tuesday movie goer lately, it's $5.00 when you're a club member at Cinemark. And for non members, I believe it's not much more. Went to the new Stephen Spielberg movie and I tell ya, when driving home, I felt like I was in the movie. Changed me until next day when I felt normal again, lol. The movie I saw was, "Disclosure Day". I did end up liking it a lot. And my poor husband gets roped into going. He's not a big movie buff unless it's a true story.
  10. Interesting! My step grandson is 4 and he makes the most incredible sounds of animals. It's a guttural sound. He is on the lighter spectrum side of being Autistic, so that may play into it. Mostly dinosaur noises, but recently he did a penguin when we were playing with a stuffy of one and I asked him what a penguin sounds like and he did it and then we listened to a real one, wow, I've no idea how he knows how to do this. It's a gift for sure. They are so realistic sounding. Plus, his mom is really part of why as well. She's very hands on. Going to have to check into the movie Flow now.
  11. I'm in the Blake Ostler/Teryl Givens camp. I'm 75% progressive. No surprise. Is this put out by the church?
  12. Not about the subject, just letting you know, my new (Sunday night) baby grandson is named Rory!
  13. I like you, just don't like this post.
  14. Thanks Calm, I always need a sound voice! I get it now, before I just thought of Gladys Knight and her mentioning we needed to up the beat in our hymns, but don't quote me. So those were the lines I was going on. I did admit not knowing exactly what happened and so glad you commented, half awake or not, it's much better than my explanations on things. ETA: my spelling on Knight was night for crying out loud. Lately I can't remember how to spell or words, dang it.
  15. I've not done my due diligence on reading all the posts thoroughly, my take was different. My take is he made fun of whites not blacks because blacks or African Americans have the ability to show a lot of emotion and rhythm. Please correct me if I'm really not getting it. This morning I played pickleball with friends that are in his ward in Kaysville and they brought it up and were disappointed too.
  16. Thanks for your input, I align with these thoughts.
  17. We're living in un-chartered territory it seems. I hope yours and our prayers will work, or whatever can happen to help the Coast Guard pay the bills. I didn't know much about this until I read this article which mentions the government shutdown. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coast-guard-crisis-dhs-shutdown-halts-pay-in-may-cuts-power-strains-missions/
  18. This is a pretty good podcast about the subject, I'm only 30 minutes in.
  19. Thanks, I'll update mine if it isn't current.
  20. Went to the true story movie called, "Pressure". I can't recommend the movie enough, I know I say that every time, probably haha. My uncle was in the war and arrived on the beach of Normandy on "D" day. He was put in the back of a truck full of dead soldiers and he wasn't dead, but still alive. Luckily he went on to live a full long life. Watching this movie was extremely moving and I think the weather man they hired, well more than that, saved the day. I hope some of you will take a look. And it was excellently filmed and the acting superb.
  21. Appreciate all you do and the sacrifice to keep the board running.
  22. Spot on! And this is probably part of the plan in Project 2025. I'm glad the LDS aren't included in their list.
  23. I believe the LDS church has done some amazing evolvement, and that's one of the things I love about the LDS church that it can change. The songs that have been added to our hymnbooks about Grace, the acceptance of wearing the Cross, and so on. I remember a deceased friend in my neighborhood and church ward saying how the cross is a sign of Satan, wow! I'd never believed that. According to my LDS mother she just said we'd not wear a gun around our necks if that's how Jesus was Crucified. And even our local radio stations in Utah that used to play mainly Tabernacle sounding songs, is now sounding more like non member Christian music.
×
×
  • Create New...