Seriously No Politics ×

MD&D Posters You'd Most Like to Meet IRL

At the risk of offending everyone by not including everyone...there are several posters I'd really like to meet in real life...over dinner or at a cocktail party (water acceptable) or just a meet and linger party.  And knowing that that list is long and knowing that I'm going to leave someone out that I would like to meet...I'm going to state right up front that I reserve the right to edit and add to this list.

In no particular order:

Cinepro (I'd read anything he posts...always thoughtful, witty and to the point)

Scott Lloyd (yeah does that surprise you Scott?)

Robert F. Smith ( I can't imagine you're that sober in real life)

Nemesis  (I'd just like a quick peek behind the curtain)

Bluebell  (Are you as cute as your picture?)

Stemebow (Already know him IRL but I need to get together with him)

Canard78  (I have a thing for the English)

Grey, Sunstoner and California Boy (No one likes to drink alone)

HappyJackWagon ( I hate the Lakers still but I think Id enjoy a conversation with you)

mfbukowski (Just to understand what makes him tick)

The Nehor  (My foil)

Calm (anyone who posts this much deserves a night out)

Jeanne (Always has my back)

JLHPROF (I see promise)

Atheist Mormon  (although I don't consider myself an atheist...we think alike)

sjdawg (We're on the same wave length)

that's a good start...

So who would YOU want to meet in real life?

Edited by Johnnie Cake

I would love to have a party with you and all the people here!!  I think we would all be in for a rude awakening on how much we have in common! 

Scott...I will bring the Beatles music and some Captain Crunch!!:)

Edited by Jeanne
10 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I don't think there is anyone I wouldn't want to meet! it's always fun to meet other members of the Church or were members or whatever!

I would love to meet you Duncan!! Years ago, you were the first person I PM'd on this board.  You are so interesting and full of surprises to me!

I thought long and hard about who I would like to meet most.  So I searched in the section that showed who was online and one poster named Freedad caught my eye.  He's the one I'd like to meet most.  He signed up years ago and only has 10 posts, It seems.  That is fascinating to me, as one who signed up years ago and has thousands of posts and can't seem to hold back from offering posts particularly at times when I know I should hold back. 

Edited by stemelbow
3 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

I thought long and hard about who I would like to meet most.  So I searched in the section that showed who was online and one poster named Freedad caught my eye.  He's the one I'd like to meet most.  He signed up years ago and only has 10 posts, It seems.  That is fascinating to me, as one who signed up years ago and has thousands of posts and can't seem to hold back from offering posts particularly at times when I know I should hold back. 

yeah...this is fascinating..I wonder if I could keep my mouth shut for just ten posts. 

36 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

I would love to have a party with you and all the people here!!  I think we would all be in for a rude awakening on how much we have in common! 

Scott...I will bring the Beatles music and some Captain Crunch!!:)

I'll brink bananas foster for the riske among us, and root beer floats for those less riske among us.  In the spirit of full disclosure, root beer floats do have vanilla, which has alcohol.  Perhaps some Postum for the rest of you.  If you are offended at Postum because of the appearance of evil (coffee), there will also be green jello with carrots.

1 hour ago, Johnnie Cake said:

At the risk of offending everyone by not including everyone...there are several posters I'd really like to meet in real life...over dinner or at a cocktail party (water acceptable) or just a meet and linger party.  And knowing that that list is long and knowing that I'm going to leave someone out that I would like to meet...I'm going to state right up front that I reserve the right to edit and add to this list.

In no particular order:

Cinepro (I'd read anything he posts...always thoughtful, witty and to the point)

Scott Lloyd (yeah does that surprise you Scott?)

Robert F. Smith ( I can't imagine you're that sober in real life)

Nemesis  (I'd just like a quick peek behind the curtain)

Bluebell  (Are you as cute as your picture?)

Stemebow (Already know him IRL but I need to get together with him)

Canard78  (I have a thing for the English)

Grey, Sunstoner and California Boy (No one likes to drink alone)

HappyJackWagon ( I hate the Lakers still but I think Id enjoy a conversation with you)

mfbukowski (Just to understand what makes him tick)

The Nehor  (My foil)

Calm (anyone who posts this much deserves a night out)

Jeanne (Always has my back)

JLHPROF (I see promise)

Atheist Mormon  (although I don't consider myself an atheist...we think alike)

sjdawg (We're on the same wave length)

that's a good start...

So who would YOU want to meet in real life?

I'm afraid I'd be a poor drinking buddy, as I'd always be ordering virgin rum and Coke. 

I'm sure it would be fun to meet just about anyone here IRL :)

Edited by Gray

I say this all the time..out of the blue on any thread.  It is time..Margaritas!!  That being said now...boy, I would much rather have postum than coffee.  I miss it as we grew up with it. 

Edited by Jeanne
2 hours ago, pogi said:

I'll brink bananas foster for the riske among us, and root beer floats for those less riske among us.  In the spirit of full disclosure, root beer floats do have vanilla, which has alcohol.  Perhaps some Postum for the rest of you.  If you are offended at Postum because of the appearance of evil (coffee), there will also be green jello with carrots.

I keep a jar of Postum in the cupboard, though I'm the only one in the family that drinks it.

And these days even I don't drink it straight. I add it as a flavor agent to hot chocolate.

I brewed up a pot of hot chocolate on one occasion. Thinking I was the only one who would be drinking it, I added some Postum.

Later, our eldest son came home and had some of it. He said, "This tastes different somehow." Then he added, "Good, though." I have never yet told him the reason why it tasted different.

I felt a great sense of loss when Kraft Foods killed the product and a corresponding sense of deliverance when some enterprising upstart manufacturer (Eliza's Quest) picked it up. I can now get it again at our local supermarket.

Johnnycakes-it probably depends on who you ask. ;) 

To the OP-I sincerely can't think of very many people who post here who i wouldn't want to meet.  One of the reasons that I want to go to FAIR conference some day is partly so i can meet some of the posters in person.  

2 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

I keep a jar of Postum in the cupboard, though I'm the only one in the family that drinks it.

And these days even I don't drink it straight. I add it as a flavor agent to hot chocolate.

I brewed up a pot of hot chocolate on one occasion. Thinking I was the only one who would be drinking it, I added some Postum.

Later, our eldest son came home and had some of it. He said, "This tastes different somehow." Then he added, "Good, though." I have never yet told him the reason why it tasted different.

I felt a great sense of loss when Kraft Foods killed the product and a corresponding sense of deliverance when some enterprising upstart manufacturer (Eliza's Quest) picked it up. I can now get it again at our local supermarket.

Pero (Caro in Europe) is far, far, better than Postum. Postum tastes like silage. Or, how I'll bet silage tastes. :) 

2 hours ago, bluebell said:

Johnnycakes-it probably depends on who you ask. ;) 

To the OP-I sincerely can't think of very many people who post here who i wouldn't want to meet.  One of the reasons that I want to go to FAIR conference some day is partly so i can meet some of the posters in person.  

Well you could meet me at Sunstone :-)

40 minutes ago, rongo said:

Pero (Caro in Europe) is far, far, better than Postum. Postum tastes like silage. Or, how I'll bet silage tastes. :) 

As I was growing up, my parents bought Pero a time or two that I recall. Postum remains a part of my fond childhood memories. Not Pero. I've never had any further desire for it, not even during the period when I couldn't get Postum after Kraft killed the product.

Edited by Scott Lloyd
18 minutes ago, 6EQUJ5 said:

I'd like to treat @Scott Lloyd to some Chik-fil-a.

Fighting liberal fascism one chicken breast at a time.

Viva la resistance! :)

That's the second time I've heard "liberal fascism" today. You know that's a contradiction in terms, right? Fascism is right wing, by definition.