Temples to Return to Full Operation

36 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

So, just to be crystal clear, then, you claim to understand the endowment better than the prophets and apostles, right?

Well the major COVID change is the equivalent of baptising the Father of a convert family and telling the wife and children that they are automatically baptized too.  Or gathering all the new 12 year old boys in a stake, ordaining one a Deacon and telling the others they're all Deacons too now.

So, maybe...🤷

It'll probably be the summer until I can go again, then. End of march, I'll stary going to 2nd hour with mask again since numbers are looking good. I'll also do smaller group things. But until my daughter's vaxxed covid ain't over for me (ie. probably, hopefully summer). I hope others enjoy it though. 

With luv,

BD

49 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Our temple has 36 seats and will now up capacity to 14, from what I heard. I'm going tomorrow and will see what is actually happening. To be honest though I feel very uncomfortable being in a room with people with no windows and the door is closed for an hour, I prefer the covid restrictions, I don't feel as claustrophobic!

Fourteen is not many. What has it been up to now?

23 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Well the major COVID change is the equivalent of baptising the Father of a convert family and telling the wife and children that they are automatically baptized too.  Or gathering all the new 12 year old boys in a stake, ordaining one a Deacon and telling the others they're all Deacons too now.

So, maybe...🤷

Vicarious ritual in the temple. What a novel concept. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Vicarious ritual in the temple. What a novel concept. 

Not vicarious.  Nobody is absent.  Group.

Apparently we're Moonies now.

Up next, baptism for the dead an entire family in a single immersion.  Save on water in drought regions.

The endowment isn't a single ordinance as many suppose.  It is made up of many ordinances.  And all ordinances must be received individually.  Including receiving priesthood elements (no different than ordination).

You cannot do group ordination.  That really what this is.  It's not valid.  I don't care what they say.

Edited by JLHPROF
15 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Group ordination is not done in the temple. It is done individually but vicariously. 

You missed the comparison.  Elements of priesthood previously received by everyone are no longer given individually.

Edited by JLHPROF
21 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

And there we have it.

Yep.

I no longer believe temple ordinances are in any way valid.  Doesn't mean I don't believe the Church is true, but I feel that the ordinances of the house of the Lord have been diminished to the point there's no point in maintaining my recommend.

I truly believe we'll be required to redo a good percent of temple ordinances in the Millennium.  God won't accept these shadows of the real thing.

Fortunately I also believe this was prophesied so I guess I should be pleased we're fulfilling prophecy.  Can't wait for the bit where God puts the ordinance back to what it was.  Hope I live that long.

Edited by JLHPROF
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

You missed the comparison.  Elements of priesthood previously received by everyone are no longer given individually.

No, I didn’t miss it. But you referred specifically to “group ordinations” as though that were happening in the temple. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
9 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

No, I didn’t miss it. But you referred specifically to ordinations. 

Because what I am referring to is receiving priesthood, just like an ordination.

“Let me give you a definition in brief. Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell.” Brigham Young

You can't give what you never received.  We desire all to receive it...

Edited by JLHPROF
7 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

They absolutely are, just not at the point of instruction.

That's not just instruction.  That's a different kind of ordination.

So when the point you reference is reached you are asked to give something back you never received, using something that doesn't belong to you.  We desire all to receive it.

Edited by JLHPROF
9 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Because what I am referring to is receiving priesthood, just like an ordination.

“Let me give you a definition in brief. Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell.” Brigham Young

You can't give what you never received.  We desire all to receive it...

If it’s possible for a deceased individual to receive an ordinance vicariously, it’s surely possible for a group to receive an ordinance vicariously in the presence of one receiving it physically. Whether it transpires in that manner is for Jesus Christ to determine — and to reveal it through His anointed servant. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

If it’s possible for a deceased individual to receive an ordinance vicariously, it’s surely possible for a group to receive an ordinance vicariously in the presence of one receiving it physically. Whether it transpires in that manner is for Jesus Christ to determine — and to reveal it through His anointed servant. 

Sure and sprinkling is an acceptable form of baptism right?

On 3/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, JLHPROF said:

So when the point you reference is reached you are asked to give something back you never received, using something that doesn't belong to you.

Nope, it's an act of reception in both cases, first by way of instruction. The language of the ordinance itself makes this clear.

Edited by Hamba Tuhan

So, I just came back from the temple. 12 people were there, 6 men and 6 women-all masked. I wonder though if the online booking system hasn't been upgraded to allow more patrons to attend? My guess is if and when it does more would come but currently can't due to the system not allowing it yet

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

So, I just came back from the temple. 12 people were there, 6 men and 6 women-all masked. I wonder though if the online booking system hasn't been upgraded to allow more patrons to attend? My guess is if and when it does more would come but currently can't due to the system not allowing it yet

At our temple, we’ve been having a problem with thin sessions resulting  from people neglecting to cancel their online reservations when they decide not to show up, thus wasting available slots.  I wonder if that has been a problem elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

At our temple, we’ve been having a problem with thin sessions resulting  from people neglecting to cancel their online reservations when they decide not to show up, thus wasting available slots.  I wonder if that has been a problem elsewhere. 

it has been here as well but I don't know to what extent-it is really too bad for people who want to go, could go but someone forgot to cancel or whatever and yeah empty seats