Seriously No Politics ×

Conference discussion

26 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:
1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

So it should be deleted because people misinterpret it?

No, just defined when used to avoid as much misinterpretation to the best of our ability.

5 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

Still getting my error- tried posting my only word close to nasty one- a philosopher's name, "Gadamer" and no problem

DUH

Hello Mark...

A couple weeks ago I kept getting the dreaded "403" error message and couldn't figure out why... couldn't even get on... forget how I finally did and was able to ask Calm... she said it was probably because I was posting about some of my meds and was also told to try breaking them up by a space or symbol... tried that and was able to post about my med treatments with no problem.  

GG

41 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Edited by mfbukowski
3 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

So it should be deleted because people misinterpret it?

I quoted it to show that men only preside in their families, and may or may not preside in church depending on the callings involved.

What does preside mean to you?

15 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Why does the word equal need to mean “identical” in this context? 

In context, we were speaking of women finally being able to receive revelation in the family. I disagreed saying that I have never believed nor been taught they could not, and I provided an example from my experience.

If two things are equal in every way, to me that means they are exactly equal, ie., identical. If one presides and one does not, or if one has authority to perform Priesthood ordinances for family members and one does not, or if one may bear children and one may not, then they are not exactly equal (identical) or equal in every way. Does this make one superior to the other? No. In any case it’s not something we should argue about.

Edited by Bernard Gui
1 hour ago, Garden Girl said:

Hello Mark...

A couple weeks ago I kept getting the dreaded "403" error message and couldn't figure out why... couldn't even get on... forget how I finally did and was able to ask Calm... she said it was probably because I was posting about some of my meds and was also told to try breaking them up by a space or symbol... tried that and was able to post about my med treatments with no problem.  

GG

I still don't understand how quoting another post on the board got me an automated 403 message...as that means it wasn't censored for them, but was for me.

Hmm...I guess that means the board instinctively holds me to a higher standard because I am so special!  :wub:

:bad: (I hate inflicting myself with over the top sticky sweet/cuteness)

Problem is, I don't even understand why my quoting the post was banned, there wasn't anything that hinted "I'm naughty, censor me!" Like some people seem to manage posting drug names and I always get dinged for that (how do they bribe the automated censor?)...maybe hidden coding that got confused when quoted perhaps?