Jump to content

Mitt Romney may be running for Senate


Calm

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Calm said:

Stargazer has a glitch, so posting for him hopefully:

"image.png

 

There's something screwy with that link, too.  I tried quoting and responding here, but it wouldn't "take" until I deleted the link.

Edited by Stargazer
Link to comment

The only thing that would stop him would be any sign that his prostate cancer has spread (he had surgery last year).

He may want to help reconstruct the Republican Party after its virtual destruction at the hands of Trump & Co -- which is certain to occur within a relatively short time.  It will be nice to have someone honest in Congress for a change.  (I am not a Republican)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Robert F. Smith said:

The only thing that would stop him would be any sign that his prostate cancer has spread (he had surgery last year).

He may want to help reconstruct the Republican Party after its virtual destruction at the hands of Trump & Co -- which is certain to occur within a relatively short time.  It will be nice to have someone honest in Congress for a change.  (I am not a Republican)

Trump may have destroyed the Rinos (part of the Never-Trumpers cabal) but he has greatly strengthen the conservatives.  Which is GREAT news for America.  I think Mitt will help establish greater unity among the Republicans despite the fact he is NOT a solid conservative and has a tin ear for its principles.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, snowflake said:

I liked Harry Reid, he was an honest, likeable guy too. 

:lol:

12 hours ago, Darren10 said:

Romney will run and he will win.

If he runs, the election is just a formality. He will absolutely win.  Possible landslide.
Hatch won his last election 65% to 30%.  If Romney didn't clear 70% I'd be shocked.

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Darren10 said:

Romney will run and he will win. I predict, however, he’ll be a very compatible US Senator for the Trump agenda, despite his anti-Trump positionings. 

I doubt it mostly because I have no reason to believe Trump has an agenda beyond rambling about whatever he saw on Fox that morning.

Edited by The Nehor
Link to comment

I saw Romney give a speech at the Silicon Slopes Tech Summit two weeks ago in Salt Lake.  He specifically said he wasn't announcing anything but seemed to be in full politician mode.  I walked out of there thinking he was definitely running for Senate.  

I do wonder how Romney will work with Trump considering the things he has said about the president in the past.  I don't think he is the type of person who will join the Trump fan club.   I would definitely say that Trump has not strengthened the Republican Party.  I have been a life-long Republican.  I finally quit the party late last year because of Trump.  I am officially an independent now.  I know others that have done the same thing.  

If Romney decides to run I can't imagine any reasonable scenario where he would not win.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, longview said:

Trump may have destroyed the Rinos (part of the Never-Trumpers cabal) but he has greatly strengthen the conservatives.  Which is GREAT news for America.  I think Mitt will help establish greater unity among the Republicans despite the fact he is NOT a solid conservative and has a tin ear for its principles.

It is your party, and you can toot your horn while you rearrange the deck chairs, but there is a reason why Republican committee chairmen have been leaving the Titanic in great haste while they still can, and Jason Chaffetz (in my Congressional district) was wisely one of the first.  All Trump has really brought with him are apocalyptic horses named chaos and treason . . .  We'll see what happens when the other horses arrive.

Sorry about the  mixed metaphors.  :pirate:

Link to comment
9 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I doubt it mostly because I have no reason to believe Trump has an agenda beyond rambling about whatever he saw on Fox that morning.

Trump's agenda is to keep the "Deep State" (alias "Swamp") quaking in their boots.   Strzok and Page, to name just two.  Trump is a breath of FRESH air after all the machinations of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Comey, and on and on.

4 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

All Trump has really brought with him are apocalyptic horses named chaos and treason . . .

Treason?   That is just silly.  I am for chaos . . . it is being inflicted on the socialists whose maneuvers for sidestepping the Constitution have been seriously derailed.  We are seeing the "end-game" of the fake Russian Collusion narrative now unraveling as we see that the Steele Dossier was NOT a foreign intelligence assessment but a hack job bought and paid for by Hillary's campaign.   The ACTUAL Russian story is between Obama/Hillary and the Uranium Deal (and the money laundering in the Clinton Foundation Crime Syndicate).

Edited by longview
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, longview said:

Trump's agenda is to keep the "Deep State" (alias "Swamp") quaking in their boots.   Strzok and Page, to name just two.  Trump is a breath of FRESH air after all the machinations of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Comey, and on and on.

Treason?   That is just silly.  I am for chaos . . . it is being inflicted on the socialists whose maneuvers for sidestepping the Constitution have been seriously derailed.  We are seeing the "end-game" of the fake Russian Collusion narrative now unraveling as we see that the Steele Dossier was NOT a foreign intelligence assessment but a hack job bought and paid for by Hillary's campaign.   The ACTUAL Russian story is between Obama/Hillary and the Uranium Deal (and the money laundering in the Clinton Foundation Crime Syndicate).

Yeh, sure, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you cheap.  Since you take the Vlad Putin bait hook, line, and sinker, . . .

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Since you take the Vlad Putin bait hook, line, and sinker, . . .

LOL . . . Trump has engaged our military against Russia in the Syrian Civil War and is supporting Poland and other East European countries against Russia . . . which shows you don't have a leg to stand on . . .

Link to comment

When it comes to politics a pox on everyone's house is my current position.

I think Romney will run and he will win.  I want to believe that he could be a gifted diplomat within Congress and influence some members of both sides to work together.  It is spitting into the wind with some members on both sides, but maybe there are some that are interested in serving the citizens of the US.  

Link to comment
14 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I doubt it mostly because I have no reason to believe Trump has an agenda beyond rambling about whatever he saw on Fox that morning.

I think I am beginning to understand the source for your Fox News fetished talking points. Bold mine. 

Quote

Elizabeth Alvarado, the mother, responded to MSNBC’s Joy Reid for dismissing the Hispanic gang and downplaying them as something only heard about on FOX News…

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/02/msnbc-never-heard-ms-13/

What an imbicilic thing Joy Reid say.

Take some time and watch the video showing the response of the parents of one of the victims while on that crazy Fox News. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/01/parents_of_ms-13_victim_at_sotu_i_have_no_words_for_msnbcs_joy_reid.html

 

Edited by Darren10
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Hogwash.  He is Tsar Putin's puppet, and buddy-buddy with the oligarchs.

How many crimes of Russian collusion has Mueller uncovered? So far I know of only one crime and that was for false testimony given or the FBI during Mueller’s investigation. In other words, no investigation, no crime would have happened. But, keep fantasizing if that makes you feel good politically.  

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Yeh, sure, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you cheap.  Since you take the Vlad Putin bait hook, line, and sinker, . . .

Damn that Vlad is almost as cunning as was Joseph Smith. 

Edited by Darren10
Link to comment
4 hours ago, longview said:

Trump's agenda is to keep the "Deep State" (alias "Swamp") quaking in their boots.   Strzok and Page, to name just two.  Trump is a breath of FRESH air after all the machinations of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Comey, and on and on.

The machinations of two mid-level F.B.I. agents messing around in an exchange of texts with no criminal or even inappropriate actions noted? Yeah, color me unimpressed. And this thrilling memo? If there was anything truly criminal in it the GOP would be frothing at the mouth to get the F.B.I. and DOJ involved. Instead it was written by a GOP congressman and is almost certainly just some partisan innuendo.

And look at the corruption of the current investigation. Some of the investigators made political donations (shocker) and some may not have voted for Trump (TREASON!).

I have my doubts Mueller's investigation will come up with anything incriminating on Trump either. Trump would gladly collude with the Russians but it may not have happened. Trump was cultivated as a Russian agent earlier in his career (the invitation to Moscow before the Iron Curtain fell was definitely a recruiting opportunity) but Trump is too much of a narcissist to play well with Russian intelligence and too stupid to acknowledge Russian meddling even though it probably did not swing the election.

I am hoping if Romney is elected he will join with McCain and the others who are fighting this insane attack on the credibility of federal intelligence and law enforcement agencies.

 

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Darren10 said:

How many crimes of Russian collusion has Mueller uncovered? So far I know of only one crime and that was for false testimony given or the FBI during Mueller’s investigation. In other words, no investigation, no crime would have happened. But, keep fantasizing if that makes you feel good politically.  

That is why Clinton was impeached. For lying to cover something up during the investigation of the Lewinsky scandal. No investigation, no crime. Do you also believe Clinton was unfairly treated? For the record I think both deserved and deserve to be removed.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

It is your party, and you can toot your horn while you rearrange the deck chairs, but there is a reason why Republican committee chairmen have been leaving the Titanic in great haste while they still can, and Jason Chaffetz (in my Congressional district) was wisely one of the first.  All Trump has really brought with him are apocalyptic horses named chaos and treason . . .  We'll see what happens when the other horses arrive.

Sorry about the  mixed metaphors.  :pirate:

Well how about jobs and encouragement instead of treason and chaos?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boom-164-companies-give-bonuses-lower-fees-to-millions-citing-trump-tax-cuts/article/2645900

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/black-unemployment-rate-falls-to-record-low.html

Contrast the latter with this by Tavis Smiley: 

Tavis is a PBS and NPR host, a solid Democrat, and personal friend of Obama. 

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

That is why Clinton was impeached. For lying to cover something up during the investigation of the Lewinsky scandal. No investigation, no crime. Do you also believe Clinton was unfairly treated? For the record I think both deserved and deserve to be removed.

Kenneth Starr was assigned to investigate a crime. Mueller was assigned to find a crime. So far, what collusion has he uncovered? If Trump is a Putin puppet it should not be hard. 

Flynn was removed and while controversial, yes he should have been but not in the manner Trump did. And, yes, Bill should have been removed from office but the irony is that his White House years were saintly compared to his attorney general years in Arkansas. 

Edited by Darren10
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...