RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 I give this thread a few hrs to live at most...
Gray Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 (edited) I didn't vote this time around. I regret not voting for Hillary. I figured she would win my state, and she did. I didn't like her, but I would like to have said I voted AGAINST the most corrupt president in our nation's history (and its first actual POTUS/traitor). Edited June 28, 2017 by Gray 2
CV75 Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 23 minutes ago, Atheist Mormon said: How many of you did vote for Trump? Since this does not come across as political to me, can you explain what you mean?
RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 7 minutes ago, Gray said: I didn't vote this time around. I regret not voting for Hillary. I figured she would win my state, and she did. I didn't like her, but I would like to have said I voted AGAINST the most corrupt president in our nation's history (and its first actual traitor). Strike that - reverse it with the proviso that the unique distinction for first actual traitor is taken already.
RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 4 minutes ago, CV75 said: Since this does not come across as political to me, can you explain what you mean? I think it is supposed to be a poll for non-Utah Mormons, since everyone knows how many Utah Mormons did.
halconero Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 1) Yeah, this thread is getting locked. 2) Not me. I'm Canadian. Plus my politics don't fit well with American parties. We have the Conservative-Liberal paradigm here, but with the Greens, Bloc, and the NDP having a presence in Parliament, along with the fact that my province's provincial parties are largely distinct both in name and ideology with the federal ones, it doesn't line up very well in nuance with the American system.
Gray Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 8 minutes ago, RevTestament said: Strike that - reverse it with the proviso that the unique distinction for first actual traitor is taken already. Buttery Males?
BlueDreams Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 I voted for Clinton. I have no regrets except that Trump won the electoral college vote and he still hasn't been impeached. I'm also glad that UT was a red state that he didn't take the majority of votes. He won a plurality, sure, but it was 45% of the vote in a very republican state. Most here don't like him. It's one of those few times that I can actually commiserate or agree with some of my uber-conservative relatives and just about everybody. It's basically the only way he's brought people together: mutual disgust about him. I even had a friend of mine see my room the other day, see a picture of Obama I have (it was signed personally by him) and tell me that Trump has made her miss him. Thread closure in 3, 2, 1..... With luv, BD 1
Robert F. Smith Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 32 minutes ago, Gray said: I didn't vote this time around. I regret not voting for Hillary. I figured she would win my state, and she did. I didn't like her, but I would like to have said I voted AGAINST the most corrupt president in our nation's history (and its first actual POTUS/traitor). I think of him more as a clown. 1
Gray Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 1 minute ago, Robert F. Smith said: I think of him more as a clown. He can be both! 2
Robert F. Smith Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 52 minutes ago, Atheist Mormon said: How many of you did vote for Trump? In Utah, Trump won with 45%, while Hilary got 29%, and Evan McMullin 21%. It is clear that most Utahns did not like Trump. That is an astonishing result for the most Republican state in the nation. 3
Robert F. Smith Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 23 minutes ago, halconero said: 1) Yeah, this thread is getting locked. 2) Not me. I'm Canadian. Plus my politics don't fit well with American parties. We have the Conservative-Liberal paradigm here, but with the Greens, Bloc, and the NDP having a presence in Parliament, along with the fact that my province's provincial parties are largely distinct both in name and ideology with the federal ones, it doesn't line up very well in nuance with the American system. Plus you are far more civiliized there, eh?
Robert F. Smith Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 16 minutes ago, BlueDreams said: .............................................. I even had a friend of mine see my room the other day, see a picture of Obama I have (it was signed personally by him) and tell me that Trump has made her miss him. ................................................. Plus Obama was cool. 3
BlueDreams Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 (edited) 20 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said: Plus Obama was cool. And could speak in complete and coherent sentences....he didn't covfefe things up. Edited June 28, 2017 by BlueDreams 1
CV75 Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 48 minutes ago, RevTestament said: I think it is supposed to be a poll for non-Utah Mormons, since everyone knows how many Utah Mormons did. I'm a NUM (not to be confused with a NOM)... I was playing "numb" by saying that this does not come across as political to me... just another unfunny joke from the files of CV75...LOL
hope_for_things Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 I voted for Hillary and this was my first ever vote for a Democrat for President. I made my position on the morality of voting for Hillary as opposed to Trump publicly known about a month ahead of the election. I'm still pretty conservative fiscally and Hillary was definitely an imperfect candidate, but at the time I felt she was the better choice, and with hindsight I feel even more convinced. 1
RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 20 minutes ago, BlueDreams said: And could speak in complete and coherent sentences....he didn't covfefe things up. As long as he had his teleprompter.... 1
RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 21 minutes ago, CV75 said: I'm a NUM (not to be confused with a NOM)... I was playing "numb" by saying that this does not come across as political to me... just another unfunny joke from the files of CV75...LOL yeah, I got that CV75. I was playing numb too. 1
RevTestament Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 I will say that I am not particularly a Trump fan. I feel his VP would make a better Pres, but I do like some things about him. He usually says what he thinks - even if that will only fill the baby end of the pool. Also he is definitely not an establishment Pres, and may have some success in shaking up the GOP establishment, and hopefully get something done rather than the same old pat your back politics. Since I am not terribly happy with either party right now, he does at least offer some fresh ideas entertainment. So even though I could not bring myself to vote for him, I hope he proves me wrong, and I am not afraid to say what he is doing right... just have to think on that awhile - just wanted to say that before this thread reaches shutdown. Cheers all you anti-Trumpers! BTW the SCOTUS for the most part decked your immigration ban blockade. 1
bsjkki Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 Why do you want to know? I haven't found discussions on this topic anymore productive now then before the election.
Darren10 Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 1 hour ago, Gray said: I didn't vote this time around. I regret not voting for Hillary. I figured she would win my state, and she did. I didn't like her, but I would like to have said I voted AGAINST the most corrupt president in our nation's history (and its first actual POTUS/traitor). You would have voted against Obama?
Darren10 Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 1 hour ago, BlueDreams said: I voted for Clinton. I have no regrets except that Trump won the electoral college vote and he still hasn't been impeached.
rpn Posted June 28, 2017 Posted June 28, 2017 I voted for Trump, because of the Supreme Court, and because I absolutely didn't want Bill Clinton back in power in any way: distrust of Hillary only made it easier. I presumed that most of what I'd heard from Trump was hyperbole, and unlikely to happen the way he talked about it. 3
Recommended Posts