Seriously No Politics ×

Can You Please Pray For Rain For California?

rodheadlee

It's a critical time for us here in California. We need the jet stream to drop down to it's winter position so we can get some storms and some snow pack.  At least get that high pressure to move south and let a few storms in. I appeal to you as  Christians to pray for rain for your brothers and sisters here. Thanks.

I live in California and yes, we so do need rain, but rain won’t do us much good if our aging water pipes continue to break and literally thousands of gallons of needs water is shooting out everywhere down the sewage drains. Every time I turn around, the news is reporting another water pipe break and a lost of valuable water. Pray for rain and the pipes that carry valuable needed water not to break anymore.

It's a critical time for us here in California. We need the jet stream to drop down to it's winter position so we can get some storms and some snow pack.  At least get that high pressure to move south and let a few storms in. I appeal to you as  Christians to pray for rain for your brothers and sisters here. Thanks.

Global Warming is probably causing extremely cold winters too.  

Edited by MormonFreeThinker

I don't understand why California is not investing in dozens of salt water treatment facilities up and down the coast. I understand it is quite expensive though I can't think of a better way to spend the money.

1- Govern Jerry Brown and his penny pinching views.

2- Required environmental impact studies that cost money that # 1 is against spending.

3- Politician red tape and opponents.

I don't understand why California is not investing in dozens of salt water treatment facilities up and down the coast. I understand it is quite expensive though I can't think of a better way to spend the money.

There are coming onto the market large sale desalinization plants, but so far they are very expensive.

SEE http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/California-drought-Solar-desalination-plant-5326024.php

While California is the 8th to 9th largest economy in the world. We don't have the money for that large of an investment, at least not quickly enough to make a dent in this year's lose of water from rain and snow. About 80% of the water we do have goes to agriculture. Many farmer have stopped planting their row crops, and instead are trying to save their fruit and nut trees. We flat out need the rain and snow.

Years ago when I lived in the San Fran Bay area, we lived with water rationing, bricks in toilet tanks, brown lawns, dirty cars, etc etc... I remembered a story I had heard from the mid-West, where there was also drought... many things were tried, including seeding clouds, calling on Native Americans for special dances/ceremonies, etc.  Finally at a town meeting someone stood and suggested that they choose a day for everyone to wash their cars... which they did... the next day it rained...

I kid you not...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

I've been praying for California to fall into the Pacific Ocean.  Does that count?

(Kidding - yes rain in CA is a good thing to add to our prayer list).

We're canted the wrong way. Everything east of the San Andreas fault will into the Atlantic Ocean. 8P:lol:

Thank you for your prayers. We desperately need them along with rain and snow. :give_rose:

Edited by thesometimesaint

Years ago when I lived in the San Fran Bay area, we lived with water rationing, bricks in toilet tanks, brown lawns, dirty cars, etc etc... I remembered a story I had heard from the mid-West, where there was also drought... many things were tried, including seeding clouds, calling on Native Americans for special dances/ceremonies, etc.  Finally at a town meeting someone stood and suggested that they choose a day for everyone to wash their cars... which they did... the next day it rained...

I kid you not...

GG

It still seems wrong for me to flush every time (during the big drought we had a garbage bag for TP next to the toilet and only flushed for 'solid waste', the bricks were said not to be a good thing because they would break down so that was what our dad had us do instead since no way was he going to replace a perfectly good toilet just because it had a huge water tank), but nowadays we have a septic tank and high volume of water is a good thing for that.

Memory lane will always take me off topic….sigh

Edited by calmoriah

An alternative to washing cars.....

Start digging up your yard. Perhaps rain or snow will show up to turn it into one big mud pie.

It is working for us (looking for a broken water main). Started digging around lunchtime, now raining.

Edited by calmoriah

An alternative to washing cars.....

Start digging up your yard. Perhaps rain or snow will show up to turn it into one big mud pie.

It is working for us (looking for a broken water main). Started digging around lunchtime, now raining.

That's too bad Cal! You didn't need that big pain.

Well, hopefully our local handyman will handle it all for under a $1000 which was tons better than we expected so we are rather relaxed at the moment (could change if it gets complicated though).

And now is a good time to get it torn up, I need it all back together by the time Mom comes back sometime this spring.