Seriously No Politics ×

I'm Jist Being Honest...

I found a comic I was looking for earlier today when someone was using the old line "I was only being honest" to justify some pointed comments. That line, when used to justify a lack of civility has always bothered me. I'm not feigning innocence. Goodness knows I've shared my quota of snarkyness...

I share it here without further comment.

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=3161

Dear Elder NoFear,

I believe you "fear" your wife's wrath should you answer that question in a technical manner....wisdom and timing are everything, no?  :acute:

The reason most people lie is the fear they have of the response they will receive or the ridicule that their truths are unfounded....

I still applaud your honesty and love of your wife and compassion for her feelings..

I do think truth will in the end stop more conflict, dissolve more assumptions, and create harmony more often than not...I feel honoured when people are vulnerable enough to be honest with me rather than assume I am too weak to handle the truth or would judge them harshly for doing the right thing.  but that is just my opinion.

Gently,

wb

A lot of times people use the excuse of honesty to try to cover their meanness. It ends up just being a passive aggressive way to be a jerk without admitting they are being a jerk.

Most of the time it's very possible to be honest and kind at the same time.

And I second what Nofear said!

I found a comic I was looking for earlier today when someone was using the old line "I was only being honest" to justify some pointed comments. That line, when used to justify a lack of civility has always bothered me. I'm not feigning innocence. Goodness knows I've shared my quota of snarkyness...

I share it here without further comment.

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=3161

That comic hit me right in the mouth!  I've used every one of those excuses for being a dill.  And while I USUALLY avoid that type of behavior in face-to-face interactions (being hit in the mouth hurts much more in real-life), I can be "brutally honest" (i.e., a dill) online.  In fact, I think I have a couple of posts in other threads that I need to go edit right now. 

That comic hit me right in the mouth!  I've used every one of those excuses for being a dill.  And while I USUALLY avoid that type of behavior in face-to-face interactions (being hit in the mouth hurts much more in real-life), I can be "brutally honest" (i.e., a dill) online.  In fact, I think I have a couple of posts in other threads that I need to go edit right now.

I'm no saint either... Well technically I am... You know what I mean!