Need Something To Do In Los Angeles On Tuesday

maklelan

If it were SLC rather than LAX, I'd have some ideas.  (Of course, if that were true, lots of us would have some ideas! ;)) Good luck!  (At least you're not likely to get snowed in! :D)

I've got a seven-hour layover at LAX from 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM this coming Tuesday the 18th. Anyone in the neighborhood want to help me find something to do?

You could take a cab to the Museum of Tolerance, 9786 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035, (310) 553-8403, or 310-772-2505, and spend a couple of hours (tours last about 1.5 hrs).  I have been through it several times, and it was well worth the visit each time.  You can find a restaurant within walking distance before heading back to LAX.

If I still lived in L.A., I'd come by and pick you up.

• 1 month later...

This reply is dated, but for anyone else, a 6-hour layover doesn't give you much time to do anything in L.A. 

If you had more time, let's say a day, you could rent a car and drive up to Malibu and check out some of the smaller beaches.  Avoid the large ones.  The smaller ones are more scenic and if you're lucky, you'll come upon a "shoot" of cute models in bikinis in progress. 

I've stumbled onto that scenery that a couple of times.  :P