Les Misérables

Pahoran

This movie was good except for all the singing

That's why they call it a musical, yo! B:)

;)

The movie was alright. The ending and beginning were good. The middle of the movie was horrid and boring. Most of the revolutionary scenes were done badly, lacked emotion and I lost interest. It was like there were two different movies, one good one crap. Wolverine is a terrible singer. I could over look it because he was such a fine character in the movie and many of the great things he did he wasn't singing.

I enjoyed the scope of the production and the cinematography.

Someone else should have been cast as Javert. Crowe's acting did not make up for his singing.

I give Jackman a "pass". He strained too much with "The Prayer". It was not poignant or tender; more overbearing and forced.

Hathaway, Barks, and many of the Revolutionaries were outstanding.

For personal interest I went to wiki to read about les mis. I noted just how many films and shows have been done. I read the synopsis of the book ( sorry 1500 pages is excessive ) .What a complex and convoluted plot. Paris must have been tiny in those days as Valjean was constantly running into and away from Javert? I recall seeing one movie some time ago and some of the episodes on TV.

Musicals and I have a restrained relationship.

For personal interest I went to wiki to read about les mis. I noted just how many films and shows have been done. I read the synopsis of the book ( sorry 1500 pages is excessive ) .What a complex and convoluted plot. Paris must have been tiny in those days as Valjean was constantly running into and away from Javert? I recall seeing one movie some time ago and some of the episodes on TV.

Musicals and I have a restrained relationship.

Maybe because I've never seen the play or movie version before, that gave me new eyes. And the singing was awesome because it could have been you or myself up there. Though a couple of the stars sang very well, imo. Have you seen the movie? I just thought of something, you might be a great singer.

Having read the book (unabridged), seen the stage production and other movies made I thought the movie was amazing and thoroughly moving. I loved Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway. I knew Jackman could sing but his acting abilities combined with the songs were powerful. I didn't even mind Russell Crowe's singing because his acting was so good.

A powerful story of redemption, love and forgiveness.