Son Is Going On A Mission

RegularMormon

My son got his mission papers recently. We're preparing to go get his endowments soon prior. My wife and I would like to sit down with him and prepare him as much as we "can" before going to the temple for his first time. Any good advise? Good resources/references you can share? So much going on my head is spinning lol.

My son got his mission papers recently. We're preparing to go get his endowments soon prior. My wife and I would like to sit down with him and prepare him as much as we "can" before going to the temple for his first time. Any good advise? Good resources/references you can share? So much going on my head is spinning lol.

Read Gen 1 & 2 many times...and same accounts in Moses and Abraham.

Elder Packer's The Holy Temple book and Nibley's Temple and Cosmos are both excellent.

I think the understanding of the temple is a personal journey. I would stay away from anything outside the scriptures, and only use them after the firs temple experience.

Finally he should attend the temple more than once a month -- I try go go every week, and take yor own family names.