Prayers Please

ERayR

Something happened in my life today that caused me to do some reflection. I was brought face to face with the reality that we never know how much time we have left to be with family and friends.My brother died 10 years ago and today his wife was killed in an automobile accident. She had spent the weekend with her children and grand children at family reunion.

I began to think of the things I have started and are unfinished and how much time on the boards my addiction causes me to spend. I really cant see that I accomplish much here except gaining some online friends who I hope someday to meet in person and getting lots of study material that I don't get to. Other than that it seems like I don't accomplish anything.

So am requesting your prayers for a day or so but my continued participation will be greatly curtailed. I will browse occasionally for new material and may occasionally comment but not to the extent I have been. There is nothing like coming face to face with ones own mortality to make one evaluate what they are spending their time on.

Oh I will be around and checking in. My addiction ensures that, but until I get some other things accomplished I will force myself into withdrawal.

Edited by ERayR

I will definitely pray for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've enjoyed your posts greatly even if you don't feel like you've accomplished much. I know I haven't gone too far astray if you and I agree.

So sorry for you and your family. There seems to be a lot of deaths happening to people I know lately. Makes me very aware that my own parents probably won't be with me much longer and how different life will be then. Thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge that this isn't the end for our loved ones.

Hello ERayR...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss... prayers...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you don't accomplish much... surprisingly you're about my age... I'm a year older than you... so I understand about board addiction, feeling the need to be "doing something worthwhile" with time, etc..

I always appreciate your posts and your faithful voice when sometimes it seems the critics outnumber us.

It's hard to get motivated, so my prayer is for your famiy at this difficult time of loss, and for you particularly as you face each day... but don't stop posting...

All good wishes... GG

ERayR, I am sorry for your loss. You have my prayers.

And oh! You've accomplished alot (you & all on this board); I have learnt, increased my testimony, gained more perspectives in the last few weeks than ever before. So PLEASE, never forget that you'd strengthened one feeble knee - ME.

Thanks for your prayers and the kind words. I will see you all again. I just don't know when. I must tell your kind words in this thread have meant a lot and are giving me cause to rethink my usefulness here.

Something happened in my life today that caused me to do some reflection. I was brought face to face with the reality that we never know how much time we have left to be with family and friends.My brother died 10 years ago and today his wife was killed in an automobile accident. She had spent the weekend with her children and grand children at family reunion.

I began to think of the things I have started and are unfinished and how much time on the boards my addiction causes me to spend. I really cant see that I accomplish much here except gaining some online friends who I hope someday to meet in person and getting lots of study material that I don't get to. Other than that it seems like I don't accomplish anything.

So am requesting your prayers for a day or so but my continued participation will be greatly curtailed. I will browse occasionally for new material and may occasionally comment but not to the extent I have been. There is nothing like coming face to face with ones own mortality to make one evaluate what they are spending their time on.

Oh I will be around and checking in. My addiction ensures that, but until I get some other things accomplished I will force myself into withdrawal.

I am in a new place...I will send you something in a day or two; "I hope" will help.

Thanks for your prayers and the kind words. I will see you all again. I just don't know when. I must tell your kind words in this thread have meant a lot and are giving me cause to rethink my usefulness here.

It's just a matter of balance. :) I really enjoy your posts here, but your real life stuff is more important.

I'll never forget our first debate about polygamy/polyandry and if it's a marriage or a sealing. You were adament that they were sealed not married. Anyway, until I finally said sealed vs. married, then you backed down. And I felt I made a friend, because you cared enough for me to get it right? Anyway, my prayers, even if that's not saying much, will be with you. Death is incredibly difficult even when one believes in an afterlife. The only good that could come out of it is that she and your brother are together again.

Take care.....

Over the last couple of days I have receive some very kind and generous messages of encouragement and I thank you for them. I also received a PM from someone who has many more problems than I have. She expressed appreciation for my posting and said that I had helped her and encouraged me to continue. I honestly had thought that my posting was of no value.

I sent her the following message:

I didn't really think I was making a difference but hearing form you and some others have given me cause to rethink and reevaluate. I will probably stay engage on the board but pick what I engage in more carefully. Also will probably be more selective who I engage with. Again thank you.

I will likely be much more selective in what and who I engage because I do have some other things going that I should at least give a token effort.

Thanks All

Ray

I honestly had thought that my posting was of no value.

Absolutely not!!!!! You are such a part of the board family that there would be a big hole if you left. You may not go into long involved posts as much as some of the rest of us do, but your posts are to the point of an issue (or lack of a point in some cases, lol) which is really all that is needed. I always look forward to seeing your posts (and I have gotten into a habit of clicking on my rep points to see if it is you again :), it makes me feel my posts have more value knowing you are 'keeping an eye on me' like you do. :) ).

Absolutely not!!!!! You are such a part of the board family that there would be a big hole if you left. You may not go into long involved posts as much as some of the rest of us do, but your posts are to the point of an issue (or lack of a point in some cases, lol) which is really all that is needed. I always look forward to seeing your posts (and I have gotten into a habit of clicking on my rep points to see if it is you again :), it makes me feel my posts have more value knowing you are 'keeping an eye on me' like you do. :) ).

Thank you I always check my points also your name being one I look for.

Edited by ERayR