Avatars...If You Can'T Beat 'Em...

3DOP

Perhaps a few have noticed my little aversion to avatars. So after having waged efforts to exclude your avatars from my computer, I officially concede defeat and present you with my own.

However unlikely such a seachange in thinking might seem, I resolve never, ever to accept "daylight savings time" (so-called)...unless somebody can persuade me that resistance is futile. Heh.

3DOP

PS: That's our youngest and me at the occasion of his receiving of the cassock.

Edited by 3DOP

You must be very proud of your son, 3DOP! Great picture!

Hello 3DOP...

I enjoyed seeing your picture... being able to put a face with the posts... I agree, you must be very proud of your son.

GG

Thanks all for the wit as well as the kind words...

Hello 3DOP...

I enjoyed seeing your picture... being able to put a face with the posts... I agree, you must be very proud of your son.

GG

Gosh, you look distinguished, 3DOP! I wish I looked that distinguished! Maybe I need to grow a beard.... hmmm.

Nope, I checked, and Mrs. Stargazer is definitely against it. Darn.

OK , now who is the father and who the son?

Yeah, and it took me a few tries to see the joke in all its glory. Dang, blackstrap, that was clever.

There's two fathers and one son in the pic! O.M.G. That's good.

Congrats on your son's achievement, 3DOP! And congrats to him as well, of course!

There's two fathers and one son in the pic! O.M.G. That's good.

Oh boy, that completely went over my head, at first! lol Good one!

The mistake is understandable, but I am afraid I need to undeceive you about my son's clerical status. He is still years from the priesthood. At the seminary where my son is receiving his formation, most seminarians take seven years now. The first year is actually called the "zero year". In the American Seminary it has been deemed necessary to give remedial education in the humanities to most candidates that wish to pursue a vocation. I am not sure if they do that worldwide. The next year after that is what they mean by "his first year" in the following note from the seminary website which explains the meaning of the cassock and why seminarians are ordinarily required to wear it:

The first important step the new seminarian takes towards the priesthood, though relatively small in itself, is in his first year, when he receives the cassock or clerical habit, thereby casting off the dress of a layman and enrolling himself in the service of God. The black cassock reminds the seminarian, and those who see him, that he is dead to the world and the things of the world. He is reminded in the sermon that he must now conduct himself as if he were a priest, since all who see him will think he is a priest.
Edited by 3DOP

PS: That's our youngest and me at the occasion of his receiving of the cassock.

Cool..

It's good to know a bit more about you. Love you bro... Good looking son too. I know your proud.